Trading Down | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading Down

Shamboubou

THE REAL SOUL SHAKER!
Reaction score
I see that a very hot topic that is going on right now is trading down. I think we have to be careful of who we trade down with. I think that a trade with TB would be a very good trade. We wouldnt lose too many picks while at the same time gaining some later round picks. The down side is I dont see that happening since TB can probably stay where they are and get Williams or Edwards.

Trading with Minny for their 2 first round picks sounds like a great idea, but are we going to really be able to afford 2 first round picks?? If we can great but I think we are in a little bit of cap trouble for a year or two.

Mostly I think that our trading down is going to be determined by what happens to Pat. If he get traded and we pick up a 2nd for him then I think we'll stay at our #2, if not I dont know what is going to happen.

Shamboubou said:
I see that a very hot topic that is going on right now is trading down. I think we have to be careful of who we trade down with. I think that a trade with TB would be a very good trade. We wouldnt lose too many picks while at the same time gaining some later round picks. The down side is I dont see that happening since TB can probably stay where they are and get Williams or Edwards.

Trading with Minny for their 2 first round picks sounds like a great idea, but are we going to really be able to afford 2 first round picks?? If we can great but I think we are in a little bit of cap trouble for a year or two.

Mostly I think that our trading down is going to be determined by what happens to Pat. If he get traded and we pick up a 2nd for him then I think we'll stay at our #2, if not I dont know what is going to happen.

What is Tampa doesn't want Williams or Edwards? The rumor is they are looking at Alex Smith...

DreamWeaver said:
What is Tampa doesn't want Williams or Edwards? The rumor is they are looking at Alex Smith...

Didnt they just sign Griese to a big deal, not to mention SF is more than likely going to take smith.

Tampa is trading up for Edwards or Smith. According to the ESPN crew, they seem to think we trade down with Gruden and still grab Ronnie at 5.

1- Rodgers/Smith

2- Smith/Edwards

3- Edwards/DJ/Rolle?

4- Benson/Mike Williams?

5- RB RB

Shamboubou said:
The 7th + 18th picks combined wouldn't cost a whole lot more than the #2 pick alone.

LIQUID24 said:
The 7th + 18th picks combined wouldn't cost a whole lot more than the #2 pick alone.

Really?? I figured that with signing bonus's and salary its going to cost a lot more. I guess that also depends on who we draft. If we get a QB and RB then its going to cost more than if we get a RB and OL/DL.

Back
Top Bottom