Trading For Jakeem Grant Would Mean Low-risk, High-reward For Saints | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading For Jakeem Grant Would Mean Low-risk, High-reward For Saints

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/07/saints-trade-ideas-jakeem-grant-dolphins/

The winds of change are blowing in south Florida, and the New Orleans Saints could benefit from it. The Miami Dolphins promoted longtime scouting director Chris Grier to general manager, and he hired former New England Patriots de facto defensive coordinator Brian Flores as his first head coach. Those changes — and instability at quarterback, among other positions — mean the Dolphins could be looking to stockpile assets as they rebuild their roster.

Click on link for rest of the article.

Last edited:
So is there any truth to the article that Grant will be moved or is it just this is what the Saints should do type thing.

So is there any truth to the article that Grant will be moved or is it just this is what the Saints should do type thing.
I believe it’s just from a saints site with a suggestion of a move they could make

I like the guy and think he has real potential. I wouldn't want to trade him. But, the reality is that new coaches clean house, and a guy at his end of the roster has zero job security. If we're going to embrace our new head coach, we need to let him build a new team with guys that are loyal to him and believe in his system, and that means about an 80% turnover before the 2020 season starts. Most of that will happen this offseason.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him let go.

He's not a crisp route runner for the NE type of offense.

I'd do it for a ransom.

He's 26 and always a threat to take it to the house.

If I were O'shea, I'd be too excited to see what I could do with this kid.

But give me a ransom and I could't help but take it.

the question is, will he even be healthy enough to trade before the draft. ima try to be all in on what after flores does until it shows it doesn't work, I'd miss jakeem but if he doesn't find the value in him then so be it. I mean heck it seems like the patriots were always big on actual starters playing ST's

Back
Top Bottom