Trading For Jakeem Grant Would Mean Low-risk, High-reward For Saints | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading For Jakeem Grant Would Mean Low-risk, High-reward For Saints

yeeeahhh.... okay. I'm not digging through a year's worth of stuff to try to find the threads discussing this. It's really not worth my time, your opinion isn't going to change. Is it so hard to believe that Landry is kind of an *******?
You're bringing up the accusation. I'm not taking your word for it considering that you are speaking from a bias. "I'm not biased," I said it for you...I also did some legwork for you and found that the boating pic(s) were from circa 2014-2015. How do I know this, I saw the same argument on http://www.fieldchatter.com/forum/Thread-Landry-Tannehill-Boating-Fishing, and the post is dated 4/4/2015, so my opinion on that is not going to change.

Now, you ask me if it's so hard to believe that Landry is kind of an a**hole. A team MVP who Sam Young called a "great teammate" is more trustworthy than a bad HC who cursed the owner out, loved the starting QB to a fault leaking that Landry is a cancer. I hope that's not what you are basing your opinion on. If not, produce something to the contrary and leave the "I don't feel like looking for it" in the garbage because popular opinion doesn't win.

Do you have some instances where Landry could be the a**ho;e you would have me believe he is?

I gotta think Flores absolutely wants to keep X. He's exactly the type of press DB type Flores has been coaching up in NE. Plus when you look around and see we have no one outside of Howard(McCain doesn't count) I suspect they will end up keeping X.

I love Grant. But he's not Edelman for two reasons that I hate to admit it.

1) Edelman runs some GREAT routes and understands how to get open. He really understands leverage and how to use it to his advantage.
2) The guy is as tough as it comes in the league. He's a lot stronger than he's given credit for and that allows him to take some serious shots.

Grant can obviously continue to get better at #1. But his size limits him when it comes to #2.

Some small guys are built stout and it helps them to absorb hits. But, Grant is built on a small frame and slot the position would cut into his NFL life, significantly!
I disagree that Jakeem Grant is not stout..

I challenge anyone to study his physique and come away with that evaluation..

You're bringing up the accusation. I'm not taking your word for it considering that you are speaking from a bias. "I'm not biased," I said it for you...I also did some legwork for you and found that the boating pic(s) were from circa 2014-2015. How do I know this, I saw the same argument on http://www.fieldchatter.com/forum/Thread-Landry-Tannehill-Boating-Fishing, and the post is dated 4/4/2015, so my opinion on that is not going to change.

Now, you ask me if it's so hard to believe that Landry is kind of an a**hole. A team MVP who Sam Young called a "great teammate" is more trustworthy than a bad HC who cursed the owner out, loved the starting QB to a fault leaking that Landry is a cancer. I hope that's not what you are basing your opinion on. If not, produce something to the contrary and leave the "I don't feel like looking for it" in the garbage because popular opinion doesn't win.

Do you have some instances where Landry could be the a**ho;e you would have me believe he is?
Alrighty, anyways- you asked why the shade for Landry, and i gave you a potential reason why some might- he talked **** whether you wanna believe it or not

i dont think anyone would be interested in trading for JG.

I still don’t get why tanking = shedding your better players. All that’s needed to tank is insert a trash QB in there and you won’t win more than 3 games no matter how many good WRs you have. This way, when you get your QB of the future you actually have some talent around them. Indy pulled it off by simply playing that Orlovsky guy. They didn’t ship out all of their good players. I’m keeping guys like Grant and Drake and Wilson and Stills etc. Play Falk, Fales or some CFL guy and you’ll get the desired result.

I disagree that Jakeem Grant is not stout..

I challenge anyone to study his physique and come away with that evaluation..

All you have to do is look at Grant in pads on the field. The guy's body is not designed to take hits at this level. It just isn't! So as a coaching staff, you have to limit the type of routes and his placement on the field.

Are you guys nuts??? now all of a sudden Jakeem isn't good enough, nobody on this team was good enough last season, you give away talent just because the team is rebuilding.

All you have to do is look at Grant in pads on the field. The guy's body is not designed to take hits at this level. It just isn't! So as a coaching staff, you have to limit the type of routes and his placement on the field.
We disagree..obviously the man is built very very well, he hasn’t got hurt one time from taking a hit as you are suggesting, and I surely don’t believe that staff is protecting him route wise..He’s better on the outside..

the guys at this level? was the one hitting jakeem in college.

Not really, a lot of the guys who hit Jakeem in college are now insurance salesman or teachers or what have you. There are considerably more spots to play in college than thee are in the NFL. Not to mention the big 12 isn't the NFL's pipeline to defenders, only 11 players from the Big 12 from 2012-2015 have started double digit games in the NFL with 9 of those 11 coming from Texas and Oklahoma.

We disagree..obviously the man is built very very well, he hasn’t got hurt one time from taking a hit as you are suggesting, and I surely don’t believe that staff is protecting him route wise..He’s better on the outside..

You can't be serious about he hasn't taken serious shots and gotten hurt? Have you watched the games? In his short time in the league Grant has already taken brutal shots.

You can't be serious about he hasn't taken serious shots and gotten hurt? Have you watched the games? In his short time in the league Grant has already taken brutal shots.
Lots of players take shots, the question was is he more susceptible to injury because of the way he’s built, I don’t believe he is, and I don’t believe he’s gotten hurt being hit, I think he had one concussion, his injury was non contact.

Jakeem can go from stop to full acceleration faster than any player in the league. He plays bigger than his body. He does not go down easy either. What was the play he broke some tackles and went a long way for a TD? Might have been in 2017 but the point is he can pinball off of people w that low center of gravity. He’s an exciting role player and the best return guy we’ve had in a long time. He has the heart of a champion. More guys like him that have the world telling them all their lives what they can’t do. Love the kid.

Back
Top Bottom