Trading For Jakeem Grant Would Mean Low-risk, High-reward For Saints | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading For Jakeem Grant Would Mean Low-risk, High-reward For Saints

The article is dumb. It’s a “wouldn’t this be neat if it happened” but no substance. Then it uses data to show Grant was better at a number of things than Kamara and others. Ok, so how would they get him for a later round pick?
Respectfully disagree brother. Rizzi is now the ST coach.

I don't think Gase used him very well, at least not consistently. A 5th or 6th in trade...yeah I'd prefer to keep him for that. Can't coach speed like he has. Granted he doesn't score much for us, (and sure there are some things he really just can't do well...certain routes) but I think some of that is on the coach and play calling. Him out there with Wilson was speed you had to be concerned about as a defense. He could have been used situationaly a lot more often imo.

I would keep Grant

But we need to find someone of suitable size who can make those lightning quick moves in either direction like Edelman. That is an incredibly valuable skill set and it's the reason Edelman has always been absurdly underrated around here. It's like a basketball player who can create his own shot from anywhere on the court. He's not close to open...but then he is.
Jules is a system player. And he’s not going 100 yards w the ball. Grants speed would work anywhere.

I don't think Gase used him very well, at least not consistently. A 5th or 6th in trade...yeah I'd prefer to keep him for that. Can't coach speed like he has. Granted he doesn't score much for us, (and sure there are some things he really just can't do well...certain routes) but I think some of that is on the coach and play calling. Him out there with Wilson was speed you had to be concerned about as a defense. He could have been used situationaly a lot more often imo.
And Stills - the three of them have tons of speed.

Grant is the type of player you keep. EVERY YEAR HE GETS BETTER!! HIs contract is super cheap. Defenses RESPECT his game!! He is a legitimate threat!

Not really in 2017 he had a a higher y/c, scored at at a rate of a TD per 11 targets, had a better yac per reception, while playing 56 snaps (132 for the season) the final 4 games had 188 yards (203 for the season), this year at 282 total snaps played; he had 268 yards.

2017--y/c 15.6, 22 targets 2 TD, 11.5 yac/rec

2018--y/c 12.8, 34 targets 2 TD, 6.8 yac/rec

I'm not saying the guys a bum but I don't see anything here that would suggest he gets better ever year. Everything across the board was worse even the amount of 20+ yard receptions went from 3 to 2.

If you go by #s he regressed as a WR last year.

Grant isn’t a great player, he’s not a good player. He runs terrible routes. I’d trade him for a 5th and move on.
He actually ran quite good routes. Our receivers as a group were good route runners. Just because our QBs couldn't hit open receivers it doesn't make it the fault of the receivers.

I also find it ironic that you want to tank and go with young players yet want to get rid of young, every-year improving, low cost players. That is everything against a tank job.

How stupid and ridiculous your argument is shows the fact that you say he regressed last year. he had more yards in 10 games than he had in 16 games the year before and the same amount of TDs.

Who DID Gase use properly on offense? I'll wait!

Not really in 2017 he had a a higher y/c, scored at at a rate of a TD per 11 targets, had a better yac per reception, while playing 56 snaps (132 for the season) the final 4 games had 188 yards (203 for the season), this year at 282 total snaps played; he had 268 yards.

I'm not saying the guys a bum but I don't see anything here that would suggest he gets better ever year. Everything across the board was worse even the amount of 20+ yard receptions went from 3 to 2.

How did Devonte Parker play last year or the year before?

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/07/saints-trade-ideas-jakeem-grant-dolphins/

The winds of change are blowing in south Florida, and the New Orleans Saints could benefit from it. The Miami Dolphins promoted longtime scouting director Chris Grier to general manager, and he hired former New England Patriots de facto defensive coordinator Brian Flores as his first head coach. Those changes — and instability at quarterback, among other positions — mean the Dolphins could be looking to stockpile assets as they rebuild their roster.

Click on link for rest of the article.
Go ahead and make it a 3rd otherwise, I'd be all set

I think it is really hard to evaluate Dolphin players due to the train wreck coaching qe have had....preceding Gase too.

We haven't been very good at finding a player's strength and capitalizing on that.

Didn’t he take a KO and a Punt to the house this year?

This would be dumb. We are already thin or will be thin at WR and Grant has shown some upside like Tyreek Hill ability, yes he isn't quite to that level but could be eventually in the right system.

I would much rather trade kenny Stills back to the saints or any other team.

Parker is done here and amendola was just a veteran WR (not in future plans) that leaves us with who at WR?

Keep Grant unless we get offered a 3rd or better.

Assumption is the mother of all...

I said for a ransom cuz we obviously wont get it so keep a 26 yr old talent.

So, once again, only for a ransom.

You wanna rebuild and trade a 26 year old thats getting better every year for pennies?

So again, only for a ransom.
Grant is one of the hardest working guys on the team, Because Gase was so hands off during practice, such a club med style of practicing, he would work on his own a lot..Great team player positive attitude, His stock at this point, returner and receiver combined is a third round pick..

He's a keeper, if you cant find a role for Jakeem Grant one should give up there coaching duties..

Back
Top Bottom