Trading For Jakeem Grant Would Mean Low-risk, High-reward For Saints | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading For Jakeem Grant Would Mean Low-risk, High-reward For Saints

How did Devonte Parker play last year or the year before?

He sucked. 143 targets the last 2 years and 2 TD's to show for it, that's all I need to know. The last 2 years 53 WR's were targeted 140 or more times, Parker is 53rd in TDs.

Last edited:
I wouldnt move any of our recievers other than Parker. Guys like Grant, Stills, and Wilson skill set fit in well with the Patroits style of offense O'shea wiill bring with crossing and option routes. Quick twitch guys (Amendola, Welker, Edelman) will excel.

All the people saying ship Grant for a 5th or 6th...
Guess where he was drafted? That's right, 6th round.
So basically you're saying trade him to get a pick where you will get someone like him with some potential upside, but will take time to develop and might play some special teams and is an offensive role player...

Or we could just keep the 26 year old guy that is CHAEP, is a proven special teams threat and scores TDs as a role player...

By the way if anyone read any articles on the day Flores was announced, they noted the players who's pics were put up in the press room...Tannehill pic removed, Grant's pic up. Chances are Grant goes nowhere

There may or may not be call to see if the Dolphins are interested in a trade since Coach Rizzi is there. This would help the Saints protect there starters from handling the duties. We shall see what the off season has in store.

That means nothing about regression or improvement and none of our WRS ran anything close to good routes, the only one that did was Wilson. Everyone else is severely lacking in that department.

He's not worth worrying about, he's a below average WR and a fast return guy. If someone offers a 5th you take it with a smile on your face. He's meh everywhere.

He had 8 catches for 60 more yards last year, not exactly what I call getting better.
In 6 less games.

Grant seems pretty low priority to try and shift - young, cheap, decent value for money but with little trade value or cap relief. It's not the kind of player/contract that a team going through a managed decline would identify as needing to get rid of. If we could get a decent return for him - say a 4th - then that changes the assessment, but that's very unlikely.

The question you always have to ask when shedding players is whether you're going to be able to male a 'profit' by replacing that player with another that gives the same production but for cheaper - either by using the draft pick you get for the player or getting a FA on a cheaper contract. I don't think that is the case with Grant.

He’s not good. Who cares? The entire we Corp is trash

I'd do it for a ransom.

He's 26 and always a threat to take it to the house.

If I were O'shea, I'd be too excited to see what I could do with this kid.

But give me a ransom and I could't help but take it.

This is the ONE thing that will distinguish O'Shea from Gase...designing an offense that capitalizes on players' STRENGTHS (like Shula used to do)...and I'm not talking about a damn bubble screen...

Of course, Gase shouldn't have been calling plays as a head coach, let alone act as an OC...that SHOULD have been Loggains' job, but that has already past us by...

Concur...O'Shea should be WICKED excited about Grant, Wilson, Drake, Ballage, even Bolden on occasion...still need to develop and design plays for whichever of our TE's emerge, whether he's on the roster now or not...

Next order of business: QB

I, for one, am excited about where a new offense might go...hopefully i don't stand alone...

:-) Woot, woot!!

No way unless its a 4th rounder....he is on another level with speed. The Saints will be willing to pay, as this could be the last piece to getting Brees another ring.

Gotta be a 4th at least. I'd rather get a 3rd as crazy as that sounds. He's just too dynamic with the ball in this hands to let go.

Gotta be a 4th at least. I'd rather get a 3rd as crazy as that sounds. He's just too dynamic with the ball in this hands to let go.

Both Drake and Grant can really hurt the tank effort with their elite speed and I don’t believe either has been used properly. Normally I would not trade Grant but if he doesn’t fit the new scheme and I can draft a starting guard or center with that pick he’s expendable.

Regardless of what you think of him as a player, fact is he's young and cheap and does some things extremely well. He's not on the 'Need to cut/trade' list imo, of course if someone is willing to overpay they'll pull the trigger but I dont see how that happens for a guy his size... In fact, Parker would yield better returns just because of his measurables and the fact he was a 1st round pick... Some teams might actually think there is still huge upside there...

Back
Top Bottom