Trading For Jakeem Grant Would Mean Low-risk, High-reward For Saints

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan in Cali, Feb 7, 2019.

1. ANUFan

ANUFan A True Fan Donator

How in the world do you make that direct comparison when FB is the ultimate team sport? Did he’ll generate the QB throws, routes, blocking, play calling, scheme by himself?

I’ll ask the same question another way. If Hill was in Miami during those times does he generate nearly the same type of numbers? If your being honest in this discussion then the answer should be fairly obvious.

2. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Please football gods, grace us Tua or Trevor Finheaven VIP

Honestly yeah, Tyreek Hill is an all pro WR. What sets him apart from other fast guys is his explosiveness out of breaks when he runs routes.

His all world speed is used the entire route, not just straight shots.

3. superphin

superphin don't go clown shoes on us Finheaven VIP

Comparing players especially when they play the same position is what message boards and anyone involved in sports do.

I think when a player is elite they tend to find a way onto the field and they also maximize their opportunities. Hill is/was an elite playmaker even as a rookie. Maybe he didn't have elite numbers on the offensive side of the ball but he established himself as KC's best playmaker/2nd best offensive weapon.

Grant playing on a team void of any true player makers the last 3 years except for maybe Stills who is strictly a deep threat has yet establish himself as anything more than complimentary role player/good ST player. The team thought so little of Grant that instead of Grant being next in line to replace Landry they signed not 1 but 2 guys to take on the workload. That's not a whole lot of faith in the guy.

Despite Hill being a 5th round rookie who only had 1 official start he managed to be the 2nd most targeted player on the Chiefs. Despite being 4th on the team with total offensive touches (receptions+rush attempts) he maximized those opportunities by leading the team in offensive TD's with 9 and scoring every 9.4 touch. Hill firmly established himself as a player who can score anytime by having 8 of his 12 total TD's exceed 20+ yards and having 5 of those 8 exceed 50+ yards.

If Hill was in Miami he would unequivocally be Miami's best WR/offensive weapon, but no he probably doesn't put up the same receiving numbers although I don't think it would be far off.

4. FINMAN1

FINMAN1 Well-Known Member

No way I'd trade him for anything less than a 2nd rounder.

5. ANUFan

And Grand doesn't have some of that? What in the world are you talking about?

RVAPhinFan13 likes this.
  6. ANUFan

Bunch of crap and you know it! "His numbers wouldn't be that far off in KC vs. what we have here."

That team, that OL, Those weapons, that Qb, that play caller.

223 receptions, 3,255 receiving yards, 14.6 average, and 25 TDS.

Lol, sure he would have been close to that in Miami.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    cafinfan408 likes this.
  7. superphin

Jarvis Landry had back to back 1k seasons here, Kenny Stills has 21 TD's the last 3 years 14 of those 21 TD's were 20+ yard gains. Tyreek Hill who is infinitely better than Landry and Stills can't match or exceed their numbers if he was playing in Miami?? He would the clear cut #1 WR in Miami he would get the lions share of the targets and without question out perform Landry's yardage and Stills TD's. Unlike Stills. Hill doesn't just go deep; he had 45 catches last year that traveled less than 10 yards (Stills had 21) and he had 20 catches that traveled 20+ yards (Landry had 2). He is essentially a better version of each with blazing speed.

I know due to the last 7 years Miami fans now believe everything needs to be perfect for players to excel but contrary to popular belief some players can and will perform well regardless of the dumpster fire they are in.

Digital likes this.
  8. DPhinz_DPhinz

DPhinz_DPhinz FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Wow...why the shade for Landry.

Hill would not have lasted in Miami if he had Landry's workload, route tree, blanket responsibility, etc.

I hate to bring Tannehill's name up again, but the numbers Tannehill put up would be much less if he didn't have Landry to bail him out.

Landry served his purpose here, played every game, was traded to "purgatory" yet somehow helped make the Browns better than the Dolphins. He wasn't worth the money, but the shade isn't worth the effort/emotion he put forth when he was here.

9. superphin

I have 0 hate for Landry, it's not hateful to say Hill is infinitely better than Landry, anymore than it is hateful to say Antonio Brown is infinately better than TY Hilton.

He would never have to play the Landry's role because is a more well rounded WR, I mean I could easily say Landry's numbers would be crap if he was asked to do what Hill is asked to do for the Chiefs.

Again not throwing shade, I don't see a problem with saying Hill is better than Landry. Hill is a top 10 WR and Landry is not

10. KBEE

KBEE Well-Known Member

I would like to keep Grant but if we can get a 4th or better would consider moving him. Doesn't Wilson have a similar skill set? Although, Grant kind of had his coming out party on Monday nite football against the Pats. Flores might know how difficult it would be for defenses to game plan against him.

11. Digital

Digital Starter Finheaven VIP

Apparently there was a group of players pictures put up at Dolphins HQ for the Coach Flores announcement. Unsettlingly, Xavien Howard was not among them. As expected, neither was Ryan Tannehill's picture. But, Jakeem Grant's picture was there. Read into that what you will, but I see that as probably an indication that Flores isn't running him out of town like he will be for most of the rest of the team over the next 2 years.

superphin likes this.
  12. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Please football gods, grace us Tua or Trevor Finheaven VIP

None of that means anything though. Flores didn't even have time to go through the roster.

He probably isn't getting traded, but to act like his spot is locked up because he's earned it isn't much a beleiveable opinion either.

13. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

I'm guessing some of that shade he's getting around here might be partly due to how he acted and the things he was saying after he left. Blatant lies usually don't go over so well

14. DPhinz_DPhinz

DPhinz_DPhinz FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Refresh my memory...

How did he act in his 4 years here?

What did he say in his 4 years here?

15. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

First of all, I said after he left

He stated things like- how Tannehill never had throwing sessions with his receivers, never hung out with them, etc.. and then proceeded to delete everything off of his instagram that showed anything of the sort. I believe he made some kind of comments about being around "a real qb and teammate" or something like that too- referring to Tyrod- not baker.

We've seen / heard of them getting together (all the wr's) and getting some practice in the off season, Tannehill even taking dudes out on his boat to go fishing. But nope, he's immediately vilified and all this **** thrown out for no reason other than Landry had some sour grapes and we wouldn't pay him his ridiculous contract demands.