Trading Places | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Even though he hasn't played really well this year, I think getting rid of Karlos Dansby would be a big mistake. He's talented and can still play. And the thought of seeing him go to New England or Baltimore and thrive makes me sick. Don't do it, Ireland!!! In fact, Ireland shouldn't be allowed to trade any player or picks.

Trading Bell is a no brainer if it can be done. I would have done that yesterday.

Don't see how you trade Fasano when you have absolute crap at TE, but whatever. Fasano isn't a stud, but he is acceptable and acceptable is excellent when you consider the other options. The guy can block and catch.

Taylor . . . who cares. If you can get something, move him.

Dansby, yea thats premature . . . clearly he has underachieved but the guy can play football.

On offense:
Bush, Marshall, Fasano

On defense:
Bell, Merlin, Misi

I dunno if it's all possible contract wise though. But i'd be good to unload some duds.

What are you going to get for these guys?

Bush - We would be lucky to get a 5th
Marshall - Maybe a 2nd I for the right price might not be horrible.
Fasano - If you get a 7th you should be thrilled
Bell - Same as Fasano
Merling - Not even going to get a 7th
Misi - Might get somebody to give a 7th

Maybe we let these guys walk, but no reason to unload starters for 5-7th round picks.

I don't mind moving players but Finheaven wants the whole team traded. Then will cry that we need a RB, WR, OLB .... Take the bad season for what it is and hope we get that franchise QB and this team changes and certain players become key pieces. Like a Dansby, Bush (if used right), even a Marshall (who I wouldn't mind traded cuz he is the only player who can give us value in a trade).

I don't get the whole trade the team mentality.

Why trash a team that could turn itself around by upgrading a couple of position.

Fix the o-line and the dolphins are competitive with Henne and maybe Moore. It's not like they have been getting blown out.

Upgrate QB, O-line and take your pick between TE and FS. Three solid starters to fill in those holes and Miami is back in the game.

i would not trade dansby, and it would be hard for me to trade marshall, even tho it makes sense.

What are you going to get for these guys?

Bush - We would be lucky to get a 5th
Marshall - Maybe a 2nd I for the right price might not be horrible.
Fasano - If you get a 7th you should be thrilled
Bell - Same as Fasano
Merling - Not even going to get a 7th
Misi - Might get somebody to give a 7th

Maybe we let these guys walk, but no reason to unload starters for 5-7th round picks.

Not on your speculation for sure.

Surrre, let em walk w/ nothing in return. I like that logic.

There are a few bad players on the team and they can be phased out over time. This mindset of dumping players is idiotic.
A few years from now those same players will be on winning teams while we are still shuffling players in and out trying to replace them.
The only way this team improves is by making 4 excellent draft picks and 2 excellent FA pick ups every off season.
In 2-3 years we will be in the hunt.

If we trade everyone we will be looking at top 5 picks for the next couple of years. Not sure I want to endure that for 2 years even with a new FO.

no way i trade our big names. trade solai or something, he will be expendable. we could use marshall in trading up for luck or something. dont get rid of big names just to be doing it.

fasano has trade value, WOW

Not on your speculation for sure.

Surrre, let em walk w/ nothing in return. I like that logic.

Why not keep them and try to get some production out of them. Most 7th rounders are out of the league in about 3 years. At least these guys prove they have some talent.

Back
Top Bottom