Trading Surtain may come back to haunt us... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading Surtain may come back to haunt us...

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Trading Surtain may come back to haunt us....Although I'm happy with having Matt Roth on our team, I hated the fact that we traded away Surtain and now with Poole maybe gone for the year, I hate this move even more. This may have been the worse offseason move of the year and we may be in trouble at the CB position.

36_1_46-1.gif
36_1_46-1.gif

Predaphin said:
Trading Surtain may come back to haunt us....Although I'm happy with having Matt Roth on our team, I hated the fact that we traded away Surtain and now with Poole maybe gone for the year, I hate this move even more. This may have been the worse offseason move of the year and we may be in trouble at the CB position.

:shakeno: :shakeno:

I know it hurt to trade him, but we wanted to get some value before losing him.

The crystal ball wasn,t clean! Remember that Howard was on a superbowl team a couple of years ago, as a starter! Pool was a 4th round pick, a lot of potential but as yet unproven.

Thank now...

Predaphin said:

With his cap number in the stratoshpere, trading him was the only option. Even with Poole's injury, we're not in bad shape. We're 6 million plus under the cap. that gives us enough to sign Brown and the rest of the rookies and then go shopping for the best FA CB in the market after June 1st.

Don't panic. In Saban's system, CB is important but not CRUCIAL. An experienced player from a zone oriented system would fit in great here.

Relax.

Unless the chiefs win the superbowl this year...us getting rid of surtain is not the worst offseason move...But i wouldnt doubt seeing Terrell Buckley coming in here for a 1 year deal...in which he could be the nickel corner or actually start opposite sam madison.

Since this looks like we could have a whole at the cb spot we actually might us Lamar Gordon as trade bait to get a young corner from a team

Predaphin said:

Hum...
And what if Surtain would have been injured????
I really do not think that Saban wanted to trade Surtain but it was a decision that had to be made... I mean look at L Milloy in NE,,he was released in a cap savings move... Saban is going to do what is best for this organization!!!
The extra cap hit with his salary (Surtains) would have limited any player upgrades this team has or will do this season!!!

Marino1983

I really wanted to keep Surtain even if it was for a 2nd pick, but he really had to go because of our cap situation. It's what we had to do unforutately, and hopefully it doesn't come back to haunt us.

Well, just be ready fellas, teams are going to be able to light us up like the 4th of July....I said it before and I'll say it again.

Predaphin said:
Well, just be ready fellas, teams are going to be able to light us up like the 4th of July....I said it before and I'll say it again.
I completely disagree!!!
No one knows who will be in the starting secondary this season, except S Madison....
But you are entitled to your opinion Predaphin.....
:lol2:

Marino1983

Predaphin said:
...and now with Poole maybe gone for the year, I hate this move even more. This may have been the worse offseason move of the year and we may be in trouble at the CB position. :shakeno: :shakeno:
It's way too early to project Poole gone for the year. Many ACL's injuries have an amazing fast recover time.

However, it does make the drafting of a Corner in the 4th round that already knows Sabans system that more valuable. Oh, yes it does.

No Safties, No Surtain and now no Poole...we are in trouble....our Defensive scheme can only do so much, we will have to rely on getting to the QB quick, hopefully picking Roth will pay off in the end.

I keep telling you guys, and I'll say it again.

You are going to love Travis Daniels. I'm not that worried about this.

Yes, it sucks that Poole got hurt, but it's not like it's going to kill the defense. Daniels knows the system and is a really good player.

Predaphin said:

For all you know if Surtain was here he may have been the one that got injured.

The what if games are pointless IMO.

Back
Top Bottom