Trai Turner available | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trai Turner available

jimthefin

Club Member
Reaction score
Would you trade for the 26 year old 5 time Pro Bowl OG?

He is halfway through a 4 year 45 million dollar contract with Carolina.

I don't know how much of that $$$$ was upfront bonuses but he would only be a 3 million cap savings for Carolina so I don't think he would eat up a lot of the Fins Cap.

Don't know what it would take to trade for him, maybe a 3rd rounder?

we seem to like to do things the Patriots way, and the Patriots never overpay for interior OL. I can see the Dolphins going for Graham Glasgow, as he is legit and wont cost as much.

Me personally, I would take Turner. Our OL has been a mess for ages, we have the money to spend, and at 26 it would solve one position for at least 7-8 years. We also have Evan Boehm and Deiter (I like Boehm), so we wouldn't have to draft an OG high at all.

we seem to like to do things the Patriots way, and the Patriots never overpay for interior OL. I can see the Dolphins going for Graham Glasgow, as he is legit and wont cost as much.

Me personally, I would take Turner. Our OL has been a mess for ages, we have the money to spend, and at 26 it would solve one position for at least 7-8 years. We also have Evan Boehm and Deiter (I like Boehm), so we wouldn't have to draft an OG high at all.
Glasgow will be more expensive than your thinking.

He's probably getting release anyway. No need to trade for him.

Trai Turner G, Carolina Panthers

ESPN's Jenna Laine reports the Panthers are shopping G Trai Turner around.

Turner has started 80 games for the Panthers since being selected in the third round of the 2014 draft. Generally Turner has been one of the team's better offensive linemen, although he graded out as PFF's No. 33 overall guard among 86 qualified players in 2019. It's unclear how much of a market Turner has in free agency, as this could simply be a last-gasp effort of getting something back instead of an out-right release. Still, the Panthers would inherit $9.5 million in dead cap by releasing Turner before June 1.

Source: Jenna Laine on Twitter

Mar 2, 2020, 2:30 PM ET

He's probably getting release anyway. No need to trade for him.

Trai Turner G, Carolina Panthers

ESPN's Jenna Laine reports the Panthers are shopping G Trai Turner around.

Turner has started 80 games for the Panthers since being selected in the third round of the 2014 draft. Generally Turner has been one of the team's better offensive linemen, although he graded out as PFF's No. 33 overall guard among 86 qualified players in 2019. It's unclear how much of a market Turner has in free agency, as this could simply be a last-gasp effort of getting something back instead of an out-right release. Still, the Panthers would inherit $9.5 million in dead cap by releasing Turner before June 1.

Source: Jenna Laine on Twitter

Mar 2, 2020, 2:30 PM ET
If this is the case, then I retract my previous statement. Nothing over a 5th if there's thoughts he may be released

Wow his Cap hit and dead cap the next 2 years are pretty high for a slightly above average Guard.He is still 26
Maybe a swap of picks and a redo of his contract.If not a solid pass then.

Any and all players along the OL will be evaluated, bigger question is does he fit Gailey's blocking scheme? Skill is a moot point if he doesnt fit the blocking scheme, worse thing you can do is put a guy out of position. This staff seems to try and put guys in a position to succeed.

I would make it two third round picks one this year and one next... Getting that kind of upgrade without breaking the bank...

Easy decision.

Back
Top Bottom