Training camp battles and 53-man roster | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training camp battles and 53-man roster

Wow, some bold predictions in the cutting of Perry, and Scott McGarrahan.

I disagree with those cuts, seeing as how we might very well need Perry, and McGarrahan was such a special teams demon last year.

Otherwise it was an outstanding article. Nice work. ;)

I was truly impressed with the QB LEVCIK at a passing camp practice I attended! He's big and has a nice GUN!!! He was coached by JOE WALTON at ROBERT MORRIS! They ran a prostyle offense!! So we'll see!!!

FYI, you have Kustok listed as both doubtful and little/no chance.

I only counted 52 on your roster...who will be number 53?

I count 52 also.

About the OL. I don't know if it's wise to count on Dixon, Cesario to backup Smith (your projected LT). If they decide to move Dixon in camp, then it's ok. You'll have Brent Smith backing up both spots. But the decision has to be early in camp. Because if Smith stays at LT and gets hurt or falters, the only other OTs on your roster are Wade and Cesario. And neither man can handle the left side. Hell, neither man has even WORKED on the left side.

The only other man (besides Dixon) who's ever been out there was Jamie Nails. And that is in college. He's been converted to guard. So that's something the board can debate.

So much will be at stake during the Titan and Bucs practices. Especially the Titans. Because that's when the decision will be made.

Oops...

I'll have Jeff Ogden as my 53rd guy.

Does anyone think the Dolphins will keep both Gamble and McGarrahan? We are already giving roster spots to Russell, Hendricks, Galyon, Gamble, Wooden based on their ST ability.

From what I hear, Shawn Wooden may be on the bubble, leaving that spot for Scott McGarrahan.......

Scott McGarrahan will be over Wooden because a) he was just signed to a 3 year contract and b) he's a better special teamer.

Good article...

You have Perry down as a pure long snapper and a cut? Who does the long snap if he is cut?

I don't see too many contentious selections there. Having watched him in NFLEL I'd like to see Scott Shield make the roster but we're pretty well covered at his chosen position. I'm sure he'll get a job somewhere where the D isn't so deep with quality.;)

Thanks for the clarification Jeff.

Not a first name in sight on the article. Is Fred Perry still doing the shirts for the sideline crew??:lol:

Back
Top Bottom