Training Camp battles u looking forward to see!!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp battles u looking forward to see!!!!!

Some battles I'm looking forward to:

Deiter vs. Skura at Center. Skura should win, but Deiter making it a real dogfight would be excellent.

Brandon Jones and Jevon Holland vs. Every Other Safety on the Roster.

Hunter Long vs. Durham Smythe and Adam Shaheen.

Gerrid Doaks vs. Patrick Laird, Malcolm Brown, Salvon Ahmed (for the pecking order behind Gasky).

Jesse Davis vs. DJ Fluker vs. Larnel Coleman for depth OL spots.

Justin Coleman vs. Nik Needham vs. Iggy for 3rd corner/slot corner.

I want a healthy camp. No season ending injuries. Keep our boys as fresh as possible as it will be a longer season with the playoffs.
Obviously no one wants any player to suffer a season ending injury but there always seem to be a few of those type injuries before the season actually starts.
The best teams over the course of the season are also the teams which seem to be the healthiest as the season goes along.

Doesn't that inevitably mean your bench is garbage? Competition should be a good thing, right?

Yes, normally. What I am saying is that I would be disappointed if anything other than what I expect, happened. Outside of RB. I like Gaskin for this year but if someone takes his job I’ll be intrigued.

Yes, normally. What I am saying is that I would be disappointed if anything other than what I expect, happened. Outside of RB. I like Gaskin for this year but if someone takes his job I’ll be intrigued.
I LOVE Gaskin for this year and this offense... The only way I see him missing 1200 total yards is if he takes an injury.

He matches what we are going to do... he's going to catch a TON of passes, and I honestly will not surprise me if he flirts with Kamara's totals this year.

No Brees... Kamara may take a step back as Gaskin comes forward. As far as FFLs go, he may end up in the top 10 in PPR leagues.

I would really love to see Dieter or Davis beat out Kindley for that LG spot. The left side of the line worries me. Davis isn't great but he's solid. Dieter is penciled in as a Center but I still believe he could play guard as well. This might be just my opinion, but I don't believe Kindley offers any upside at all. I think what we saw last year was his ceiling.
I agree with your comments. I believe I posted this months ago, but I watched a game last season where Deiter was starting at LG (he may have replaced an injured player early). The announcers remarked that he was playing well. That has to be encouraging for us. I wouldn't count him out at either C or LG.

The #1 training camp battle that I'm interested in right now is Jets vs. Their #2 overall draft pick and starting QB. I love watching them burn.

Eichenberg vs Fluker and/or Davis at RT

TE battle Royale for roster spots and 1st inline TE

Wilson vs Williams vs Bowden for 4th receiver (I know it's slot vs WR, but some of it will be how they perform)

Gaskin vs the field for RB1

Jones vs Holland to start with Rowe. I'd prefer Rowe as one of the starters for at least the first few games.

I want to see who shines in camp among the DL and LB's, but to me it's less of a direct battle, and we'll rotate and scheme heavily.

Looking forward to seeing the RB and WR competition. Also like to see how the TEs will be used since now we got a bunch... most importantly i want to see which guys had built chemistry with Tua on the offensive side.

As for the defense, i cant wait to see the guys who will be pressuring the QB from the edges. If Phillips and Ogbah will be beasts, i feel sorry for the opposing offense as itll bring another stregnth to the Team.

Last edited:
I LOVE Gaskin for this year and this offense... The only way I see him missing 1200 total yards is if he takes an injury.

He matches what we are going to do... he's going to catch a TON of passes, and I honestly will not surprise me if he flirts with Kamara's totals this year.

No Brees... Kamara may take a step back as Gaskin comes forward. As far as FFLs go, he may end up in the top 10 in PPR leagues.
Honestly ANY productivity from any of the RBs is GREAT NEWS TO ME.

Iggy VS X, thats the battle I want to see ; )

Back
Top Bottom