Training Camp Day 6 | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Day 6

The "risk" talk is interesting but I think it misses the mark when applied to R1 especially.

The draft is essentially a "risk pool" where you have to make the highest % choice at the top and
then allow more and more "risk" (speculation - projection etc.) into the process as you proceed
round by round. Personally I don't want our FO taking wild swings (unnecessary risk) when the
"safer pick" is the better % play.

Well, we've centered this entire discussion around the assumption that Grier was responsible for the draft picks going back to 2016. That's why I said we'd start wherever anyone wanted to start at. Because nobody here knows where to really start at. Everybody is going to start at whatever point they feel is going to help them feel better about this guy.

The only known FACT, is that Grier has had his hands in the mess the Dolphins are since the beginning. Except he's somehow managed to dodge all the culpability. Yet, somehow still getting credit at the same time.

My point remains consistent no matter where you want to start at.

I get your point. And I hope you get mine. I don't believe the folks on this board are privy to the
absolute decision making process that was in place prior to Grier becoming GM. The TBum factor
was definitely involved -- and I don't preclude Ross chiming in, or whatever.

But that was then and this is NOW. Chris Grier needs to be evaluated based on his GM position
where he is certifiably the MAN responsible for everything you seemingly want to hold him accountable
for before he WAS GM.

It's that simple.

I get it. You don't believe he's up to the job.

I'm more optimistic and believe he has the right to prove his value as a GM (along with

ALL the responsibility/accountability). But I also know he's NOT going to be prefect.

And its too easy to just cherry pick the "facts" and thus discredit the man based on

"evidence" that is far from clear... Like it or not we (the Fan base) have to let this process

play out and... refer to the results in Y2 and Y3.

If we're obviously spinning our wheels I can guarantee you Grier and Ross and whoever

will be chased out of town. At least metaphorically!

BNF

I get your point. And I hope you get mine. I don't believe the folks on this board are privy to the
absolute decision making process that was in place prior to Grier becoming GM. The TBum factor
was definitely involved -- and I don't preclude Ross chiming in, or whatever.

But that was then and this is NOW. Chris Grier needs to be evaluated based on his GM position
where he is certifiably the MAN responsible for everything you seemingly want to hold him accountable
for before he WAS GM.

It's that simple.

I get it. You don't believe he's up to the job.

I'm more optimistic and believe he has the right to prove his value as a GM (along with

ALL the responsibility/accountability). But I also know he's NOT going to be prefect.

And its too easy to just cherry pick the "facts" and thus discredit the man based on

"evidence" that is far from clear... Like it or not we (the Fan base) have to let this process

play out and... refer to the results in Y2 and Y3.

If we're obviously spinning our wheels I can guarantee you Grier and Ross and whoever

will be chased out of town. At least metaphorically!

BNF

Everybody can have whatever opinion they want on Grier. I have mine is all I'm saying. If you don't like it - like I said there's an ignore button. But I'm not going to stop posting it. Just take me off ignore when it's time to pay up. That's all I ask.

I'm not a talent evaluator ,but I'm a SEC guy and watched a lot of his games...I thought situational pass rusher at best.
Just didn't think he was first rd. material....and i'll admitt,I'm as dumb as a bag full of democrats.

I'm not a talent evaluator ,but I'm a SEC guy and watched a lot of his games...I thought situational pass rusher at best.
Just didn't think he was first rd. material....and i'll admitt,I'm as dumb as a bag full of democrats.

Charles Harris was a fit. T.J. Watt wasn't a fit for Miami.

Now who is the fit and who isn't....

Everybody can have whatever opinion they want on Grier. I have mine is all I'm saying. If you don't like it - like I said there's an ignore button. But I'm not going to stop posting it. Just take me off ignore when it's time to pay up. That's all I ask.

Just curious Mr. Slimm, what's your intent? To just keep beating the drum on Grier?

WHY? Like you said, you're not even a fan of the team. I'm just left wondering why

you'd invest the time to continuously go after him?

Beyond that -- I'm a big boy and no need for ignore buttons.

I just hope the majority of your posts have more "productive" content.

:)

Speaking selfishly, I'd enjoy that.

Just curious Mr. Slimm, what's your intent? To just keep beating the drum on Grier?

WHY? Like you said, you're not even a fan of the team. I'm just left wondering why

you'd invest the time to continuously go after him?

Beyond that -- I'm a big boy and no need for ignore buttons.

I just hope the majority of your posts have more "productive" content.

:)

Speaking selfishly, I'd enjoy that.

I don’t really talk about Grier that much. It just seems like it to you because you keep badgering me about him.

Furthermore, I don’t get many complaints regarding the content of my posts. To me, that says the problem probably lies with you - not the content of my posts.

All you do is chase posters around and badger them to death about their opinions. So I don’t put much stock in somebody’s opinion of my content when that’s their only schtick. Fortunately, I don’t worry about posting to what you feel is acceptable. It ain’t gonna happen.

Start acting like a big boy and we’ll be fine. Otherwise, football message boards may not be for you.

I don’t really talk about Grier that much. It just seems like it to you because you keep badgering me about him.

Furthermore, I don’t get many complaints regarding the content of my posts. To me, that says the problem probably lies with you - not the content of my posts.

All you do is chase posters around and badger them to death about their opinions. So I don’t put much stock in somebody’s opinion of my content when that’s their only schtick. Fortunately, I don’t worry about posting to what you feel is acceptable. It ain’t gonna happen.

Start acting like a big boy and we’ll be fine. Otherwise, football message boards may not be for you.

LOL

I don't. I don't even think you have one among that bunch. As we know, just because guys make it through camp and starts on Sundays for Miami along the offensive line - doesn't mean they should be there.

What I think needs to happen in order for these guys to be successful is adding talent to the offensive line. You can't keep whiffing on your draft picks and then plugging in the UDFA's and calling it even. I do agree with you that free agency is the key to building a solid offensive line - especially at the guard positions. It's a tried and true philosophy. The only coach Miami has had who really understood this was going all the way back to Jimmy Johnson. The offensive line wasn't even an issue under Wannstedt, because even he understood it also.

You can't guess and hope when it comes to the trenches. Can't be a dart thrower here. You have to be accurate with your picks and signings or you will not be successful.
The Rosen trade will prove to be Strike 1 against this regime.
Not a 2nd guess, I would’ve stayed pat and taken Eric McCoy.
You build the OL with draft (Tunsil/ McCoy) Veteran Davis, FA pickups, in anticipation of your 2020 Franchise QB.
Pretty darn simple.
I think it's Grier, not Flores.

I agree with you here. I think we all talked about it at length in the draft forum prior to the draft. Garrett Bradbury, Chris Lindstrom, Eric McCoy, Justin Hollins, Juan Thornhill, C. Gardner-Johnson....guys like these are the way I would've went on the first 2 days of the draft.

Wilkins was a fair pick. But I just don't think Grier gets it. He just don't.

You build the OL with draft (Tunsil/ McCoy) Veteran Davis, FA pickups, in anticipation of your 2020 Franchise QB.
Pretty darn simple.
And then you finish the season 7-9 and by the time you pick, all your potential franchise QBs are gone. Ooops.

Back
Top Bottom