Training Camp - Day 8 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp - Day 8

You kinda knew with the new coaching staff, there were going to be players who were going to be looking from the outside, in. Kiko, McMillan, Chase Allen and maybe just maybe Charles Harris. Several of these guys may not be here long.

When I think positionless I think tweener types. Which means scheme better be damn good.

Babble talk to me - no offense

makes it sound like they all can do everything and they can't

You just have to look at New England's defense.

They have the same plays in the playbook as a lot of other teams. There are other teams using even fronts, under fronts, bear fronts, extend fronts, okie fronts, and even tite fronts. There are other teams blitzing the A gaps, using stunts and twists.

The difference is the Patriots call out their sub personnel packages strategically and aggressively to have different body types and guys with different skill sets playing all those same alignments and assignments, because they've always had a strong sense for what sorts of opportunities are presented by the requirements associated with the down/distance/time/scoreboard/field position, as well as the strengths and weaknesses of the opposing offense. The Patriots take their risks with personnel body types.

I get it

But the term- position-less defense

Your not going to have your DT at FS with the ball on there 20 yard line

You just have to look at New England's defense.

They have the same plays in the playbook as a lot of other teams. There are other teams using even fronts, under fronts, bear fronts, extend fronts, okie fronts, and even tite fronts. There are other teams blitzing the A gaps, using stunts and twists.

The difference is the Patriots call out their sub personnel packages strategically and aggressively to have different body types and guys with different skill sets playing all those same alignments and assignments, because they've always had a strong sense for what sorts of opportunities are presented by the requirements associated with the down/distance/time/scoreboard/field position, as well as the strengths and weaknesses of the opposing offense. The Patriots take their risks with personnel body types.

That makes sense but outside of the off ball/edge lb usage I’d still consider New England to field position players.

I just think they do more with their lb like frame and skill set guys.

Like a donta Hightower doesn’t work in every scheme. Nor does a Kyle van noy. He didn’t work in Detroit’s even.

Just like our 5th round pick this year doesn’t work in every scheme.

It the new wave disguise what your doing by having as many positional player doing as many multiple things as possible

I believe Flores ran the best defense in the league last year and no one else was close, of course everyone wants to give Belichick credit, and maybe there right. I don't know.

I believe a lot of it was Flores, but I can't be certain

Belichick is a smart guy, loses his TE and he now draft that 6'4" CB in the 2nd round and is ready to show everyone how to shut-down the better TE's in the league.

Just like they showed everyone how to shut-down that running QB from Baltimore in the playoff's

I don't hate

Just off the cuff remark, he can't cover worth beans but he does make some tackles
Some? He led the team in tackles 2 years in a row and came in second behind Reshad one year.

Joe Schad‏Verified account @schadjoe 1h1 hour ago
Miami Dolphins add LB Nick DeLuca of North Dakota State

Nick DeLuca, ILB, North Dakota State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 243. Arm: 33.5. Hand: 10.13.
40 Time: 4.85.

According to reports, the Miami Dolphins have added further depth to their linebacker group with the signing of North Dakota State’s Nick DeLuca.

DeLuca was originally signed as a undrafted rookie free agent by the Tennessee Titans in May 2018 but was waived during the pre-season and signed to Jaguars’ practice squad.

He played in 9 games for the Jaguars in 2018 (2 starts) and made 12 tackles with 1 sack and 1 forced fumble.

Kiko -I think he will more tackles at the line of scrimmage or behind it this year because a stout line of DT's

If he isn't a great pass rusher or gets head and shoulder better in coverage there going to ask him to take a drastic pay cut if he wants to stay.

Just my opinion

Joe Schad‏Verified account @schadjoe 1h1 hour ago
Miami Dolphins add LB Nick DeLuca of North Dakota State

Nick DeLuca, ILB, North Dakota State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 243. Arm: 33.5. Hand: 10.13.
40 Time: 4.85.

According to reports, the Miami Dolphins have added further depth to their linebacker group with the signing of North Dakota State’s Nick DeLuca.

DeLuca was originally signed as a undrafted rookie free agent by the Tennessee Titans in May 2018 but was waived during the pre-season and signed to Jaguars’ practice squad.

He played in 9 games for the Jaguars in 2018 (2 starts) and made 12 tackles with 1 sack and 1 forced fumble.
Loved this guys tape at North Dakota State. Showed good instincts, good tackler but he had limited range. Very limited athlete.

Back
Top Bottom