Training Camp - Day 8 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp - Day 8

This is a position-less defense so they're going to look for position-less players. Guys like Jahlani Tavai, Andrew Van Ginkel, and Ben Banogu.

A lot of people had Banogu as a Day 3 guy. I didn't believe it, but I was hoping Miami could get him there. Like what I'm hearing of VG, though.

Those in need of some Rosen lovin - Travis will give you some.....

Quarterbacks

Josh Rosen spun arguably his best day of camp. He was more aggressive in the team periods, picked up chunk yards in the passing game, threw with timing and precision, and had the deep ball working in one-on-one drills.

Rosen’s revelation that he never made protection calls (identifying the middle linebacker) tracks with his performance. He’s still hesitant to take shots when the read isn’t readily apparent (schemed open receivers) and that’s something he’ll have to overcome if he’s going to be the truck this coaching staff hitches its wagon to. Anybody can hit the schemed open throws, it’s the time for Rosen to begin taking the next step in his early Dolphins development.

One knock on Rosen’s skill set that isn’t likely to improve — when he has to move off the top of his drop immediately he doesn’t have the quick twitch to do it urgently. The bearded one does. And with this offensive line that might be the most important trait.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/miami-dolphins-2019-training-camp-journal-day-7-august-1/

I believe Flores ran the best defense in the league last year and no one else was close, of course everyone wants to give Belichick credit, and maybe there right. I don't know.

I believe a lot of it was Flores, but I can't be certain

I don't think you can possibly give Flores the credit. BBs defenses have been pretty consistently good for like a decade. The hope is that Flores learned the ways from BB.

Loved this guys tape at North Dakota State. Showed good instincts, good tackler but he had limited range. Very limited athlete.

Yeah I might be thinking of a different guy. Guy I saw was at the senior bowl and he was very jag.

Quarterbacks

Josh Rosen spun arguably his best day of camp. He was more aggressive in the team periods, picked up chunk yards in the passing game, threw with timing and precision, and had the deep ball working in one-on-one drills.

Rosen’s revelation that he never made protection calls (identifying the middle linebacker) tracks with his performance. He’s still hesitant to take shots when the read isn’t readily apparent (schemed open receivers) and that’s something he’ll have to overcome if he’s going to be the truck this coaching staff hitches its wagon to. Anybody can hit the schemed open throws, it’s the time for Rosen to begin taking the next step in his early Dolphins development.

One knock on Rosen’s skill set that isn’t likely to improve — when he has to move off the top of his drop immediately he doesn’t have the quick twitch to do it urgently. The bearded one does. And with this offensive line that might be the most important trait.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/miami-dolphins-2019-training-camp-journal-day-7-august-1/
I hope Rosen turns out to be the Franchise QB the team desperately needs. I keep hoping Miami may not need to look at selecting a QB in the 1st round of 2020. I'm salivating at those CB, WR, DE and OT prospects and would love nothing more for Miami to say, "Rosen's the Guy" and select one if those stud players from one of those other positions.

Quarterbacks

That listed knock on rosen I think is spot on compared to Fitzpatrick

Been posting to much - I have a tendency to do that from time to time

Quarterbacks

Sounds like something that can be significantly improved with lots of practice/work.

Get the feeling it all depends on how much Rosen really WANTS IT.

Gonna take a lot of hard work and dedication.

I hope he's highly motivated.

Im as big a ZT fan as they come, but he had a tendency to lead with his head and just fire in like a missile too sometimes. It worked for him though since his neck is made out of concrete.

What neck.

Last edited:
I
Though Kiko is nowhere as bad or useless a player as many seem to love to make him out to be in here, his tackling does need improving.

There are also a lot of new faces at LB with good amount of skills, so the walls are somewhat closing on him, so he better be on mark, with little mistakes, or someone younger, faster, cheaper will take his job this year.

plus, he is an ABSOLUTE LIABILITY in coverage.

I don't think anyone, including opponents, are under rating kiko. He can, and should be replaced as a starter because if he is in the lineup, it's a gimme pass completion. I think flo is going to make that adjustment because we now have 3 lb's that are very good in coverage, the CFL guy with the odd last name i can't pronounce ir spell yet, baker and what will be our droty, vanginkle.

Kiko is what he is. And it aint enough to be a 3 down starter in finzland.

I believe Flores ran the best defense in the league last year and no one else was close, of course everyone wants to give Belichick credit, and maybe there right. I don't know.

I believe a lot of it was Flores, but I can't be certain

Patriots werent close to the best defense last year and Belicheck definitely takes a lot of credit for the defense.

Back
Top Bottom