Training Camp Day Two Updates | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Day Two Updates

I dunno, dude. There isn't a practice report out there that has Rosen even looking average.

I mean there have been plenty of tweets and comments on some of the throws he has made. They have also commented on his mistakes as well.

Fact is Fitzpatrick has his foot on the pedal and he is showing poise and excitement while Rosen is going through the inconsistencies of a young just turned 22 year old QB.

I am just not a fan of people making much out of it at this stage. Holla at me after Fitz gets pulled, Rosen comes in and lays an egg during the season.

And even then he’s still a talent worth developing in the backup role at his salary if that is what it becomes.

Its just way too early in the process to make any definitive statements on him or his future career in Miami.

Well at least we aren’t hearing the camp begins and the o line looks horrific stuff yet

Of course I think pads come on tomorrow

Yea I need preseason games at minimum. Dallas Thomas was being touted as much improved this time of year like every year he was here. Then in preseason we saw his turnstile and moonwalk on full display . . . By no name dudes.

That right side is scary bad on paper.

Isn't this the same time of year for the last 7 years when supposedly Tannehill looked like a HOF QB?

Yeah I think CK touched on it. Look, I'm a firm believer that this collection of coaches is the best Miami has had in probably a decade, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm convinced they can succeed in Miami's organization. I've seen successful people and coaches that I know can coach, not be successful in Miami's organization.

The Dolphins organization has issues that go far beyond just a coaching staff. I'd like to see these guys do well in Miami and win a lot of games eventually. But I need to see a lot more than just the name on the door of the head coach's office has changed.
I think finding a star NFL QB would go a long way in helping this coaching staff or any coaching staff succeed.

Everything we've done in the off season has been with one eye (both eyes!) on 2020 and beyond, Rosen starting most games would fall in line with this. Personally i hope he does though tbh it would be nice to see a bit of baller Fitz! Whatever happens Def looking forward to the Rosen/Fitz combo more than the Tannehill/Brock one!

Could be worse. Could be the Giants with Manning/Jones with Shepard injured and Coleman tearing an ACL already.

Everything we've done in the off season has been with one eye (both eyes!) on 2020 and beyond, Rosen starting most games would fall in line with this. Personally i hope he does though tbh it would be nice to see a bit of baller Fitz! Whatever happens Def looking forward to the Rosen/Fitz combo more than the Tannehill/Brock one!

I supported Tannehill but this new combo is definitely a breath of fresh air and it will keep me watching

Good luck in thinking they are taking a “rebuilding franchise” mentality to start a new season. They are gonna allow themselves to put out the best performing product on the roster to start the season those first 4 weeks and reassess come the bye week.

We all should know . . . .that 2008 team probably wasnt even as talented as this group but disciplined football and competent QB play got them to 11-5 (soft schedule or not). This coach will expect the same and be reality checked once its not reasonable.

No dis but typical self-unaware Dolphin fan.

Miami is the worst team in the league.

Go ahead, hitch your wagon to Ryan Fitzpatrick for 2019. Hope it works out for you.

No dis but typical self-unaware Dolphin fan.

Miami is the worst team in the league.

Go ahead, hitch your wagon to Ryan Fitzpatrick for 2019. Hope it works out for you.

If you have read my responses you would know what dog I have in this race long-term. But what I want and what the team will do probably won't match so I am level headed enough to see it from their angle without making it my angle.

You’re more in the know than I am when it comes to this organization. I have no idea what happens in upper management up to the owner. However, public sentiment does seems to suggest Mr.Ross is a pleasure to work for, he provides everything the coaching staff says they need to be successful, and he doesn’t meddle in day to day affairs.

Perhaps that’s bad traits for an owner of an organization to have. But in my book that sounds like a dream scenario for a “competent” coaching staff.

Once more I’m not sure how many teams in the entire league has better ran franchises than the Dolphins. Especially if you’re partly basing it on good coaches “winning.” There aren’t too many teams that fit that criteria.
I didn't know that and that sounds great about Ross. But the issue with him is not the day-to-day. It's the hires he has made. Going with Grier sounded iffy at the time, although so far I'm happy with what he's done. But time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom