Training camp Media access | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training camp Media access

I preferred the Draft as a two day even. That weekend, there was always a large garage sale event for moms/kids/teachers and my wife would go visit her parents. I would stay home and watch the Draft.

event...sorry for my typos.

So, I read the entire post on Twitter. So we should still be able to get reports of how players are doing and even get reports of their plays. They have to limit it to: Tua hit Parker for a first down while being covered by Jones. Parker fought for it. Or Tua hits Gesicki with a jump ball for a TD.

What we won't get is who is playing Nickel, Dime etc. And to me , it seems we won't get any breakdown on who is with the starters vs the backups. Please if someone else read it differently, let me know.

Seeing that different players get a few looks with the starters throughout camp, maybe this will keep fans from freaking out. The team will still release their official depth chart from time to time and reporters will still ask coaches which players are impressing and who are struggling. I honestly won't miss the constant bias reporting on the same play where on reporter would text "Stills drops long pass." While another would post "Howard breaks up long pass to Stills." and yet another would just post "Tannehill again fails to hit Stills deep."

We will get the story later on, on what happened at practice...just as good as far as I'm concerned, just as long as I get a good picture how the team is doing, snd most importantly who is looking good.

In the mean time, does someone facing the practice facility have a Belichick quality Telescope that will allow fans to see what's going on?

Maybe try to find the Probable hidden Patriots operative that will surely be there, to give you his equipment to see practice.

maybe give us a chance to read some real reporting instead of "insta-news" ... yeah, probably not ... never mind

Really enjoy knowing things that back in the day we may never have received at all due to the improvements in technology/communication.... but I REALLY miss the days of writers like Edwin Pope ... RIP...

Maybe it’s not to give unfair advantage to certain members of the media as there is only a limited number of media representatives allowed?

Seeing that different players get a few looks with the starters throughout camp, maybe this will keep fans from freaking out. The team will still release their official depth chart from time to time and reporters will still ask coaches which players are impressing and who are struggling. I honestly won't miss the constant bias reporting on the same play where on reporter would text "Stills drops long pass." While another would post "Howard breaks up long pass to Stills." and yet another would just post "Tannehill again fails to hit Stills deep."
Well, it's not like they are watching it on TV. It's often the far side of the field away from the reporter. I've been to numerous practices and games where I can't tell what's happening and who did what. I'd have to wait for the replay if at a game. It's one of the reasons I don't do the 4 hour round trip to more games. Watching it on TV is easier as you have a great view on every play.

I'd challenge anyone to be able to see every play at practice and properly report it.

Back
Top Bottom