Training camp Media access | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training camp Media access

As far as the draft goes... they make way more revenue making it a three day event on television.

They do make money dragging it out over 3 days, but I think only a few fans, myself being one, sits there and watches the entire process. Most fans just wait until their team's selection is up and then turn away and comeback when they think their team is on the clock again. If they could just show a list of all the picks in the round, give an analyisis and then show a few interviews before moving on to the next round that would be fine too. I wouldn't mid a format where the start with showing a list of all the 7th round picks first and then 6th round and so on and so until they get down to round 1 and then do a count down from the 32 pick the number 1 overall pick individually. it would build a lot more drama as opposed to announcing the biggest news from the draft first and working way up to the final pick of the 7th round where only a fe diehard fans really care.

The live tweeting is good, but have we go to the point that we have a hard time waiting until the practice is over and reporters posting the same information an hour or so later? I never really got why it was so important to know the practice details the minute it happened instead of reading the same info a little later. It's not like they are banning all reporting about the practices, just no live tweeting or reports. The same is true with the draft, I don't get why they can't just conduct the day's activities behind closed doors and then release the information dur a 1 or 2 hour tv broadcast in the evening.
If they are going to report a play by play like they do with the live tweets just after the practices then fine. But it kind of looks to me like there will not be any reporting on the practices. I hope your right

So according to the new policies NFL just released, there will be no more tweeting by the reporters during the practice.

I guess that means we won’t get live tweets anymore. I wish we did considering all the new players we have, Tua being primary. Who else was looking forward to those tweets about Tua to Parker/gesicki for a TD pass.

I think all that means is to not tweet it live.... when I go to camp I talk to a recorder then write it out later..

So pretty much nothing to look at until preseason starts. Maybe they won’t televise that either. Fing stupid. Like there hasn’t been enough inactivity in sports this yr
You're probably not going to get much in preseason. Four games cut down to two and I'll bet anything those two get cancelled out as well. It's not looking good that the regular season will even go off. I hope I'm wrong.

Stil no word on the plan for how they will handle the 2021 draft order if the 2020 season is canceled? I'm sure they've discussed it behind closed doors and suprised no info has been leaked out.

The live tweeting is good, but have we go to the point that we have a hard time waiting until the practice is over and reporters posting the same information an hour or so later? I never really got why it was so important to know the practice details the minute it happened instead of reading the same info a little later. It's not like they are banning all reporting about the practices, just no live tweeting or reports. The same is true with the draft, I don't get why they can't just conduct the day's activities behind closed doors and then release the information dur a 1 or 2 hour tv broadcast in the evening.
Well according to the piece on Twitter, they can't write about it later. They can't write about what groups are going etc. Sure we can get a "Tua threw for three Tds today". but that's it from my reading it.

Well according to the piece on Twitter, they can't write about it later. They can't write about what groups are going etc. Sure we can get a "Tua threw for three Tds today". but that's it from my reading it.

That's really all that was allowed anyways.

Couldn't go over schemes and other things.

That's what I am getting. It's a wet dream for coaches who could Clare less having the media there.

Maybe teams should just live stream parts of practice. It would be engaging for the fans and you have something to do on a random Saturday morning. A lot better than vague reports every day

It seems like some of us read too much into the practice play by play reports anyway. How many times have we walked away from reading the reports and then thinking "this player is going to be a beast!" or ""This player is horrible!" only to be see something different in preseason and even more so in the actual games.

It seems like some of us read too much into the practice play by play reports anyway. How many times have we walked away from reading the reports and then thinking "this player is going to be a beast!" or ""This player is horrible!" only to be see something different in preseason and even more so in the actual games.
Well, you can't read too much/enough/not enough unless they are able to write about it.

They do make money dragging it out over 3 days, but I think only a few fans, myself being one, sits there and watches the entire process. Most fans just wait until their team's selection is up and then turn away and comeback when they think their team is on the clock again. If they could just show a list of all the picks in the round, give an analyisis and then show a few interviews before moving on to the next round that would be fine too. I wouldn't mid a format where the start with showing a list of all the 7th round picks first and then 6th round and so on and so until they get down to round 1 and then do a count down from the 32 pick the number 1 overall pick individually. it would build a lot more drama as opposed to announcing the biggest news from the draft first and working way up to the final pick of the 7th round where only a fe diehard fans really care.

I preferred the Draft as a two day even. That weekend, there was always a large garage sale event for moms/kids/teachers and my wife would go visit her parents. I would stay home and watch the Draft.

So, I read the entire post on Twitter. So we should still be able to get reports of how players are doing and even get reports of their plays. They have to limit it to: Tua hit Parker for a first down while being covered by Jones. Parker fought for it. Or Tua hits Gesicki with a jump ball for a TD.

What we won't get is who is playing Nickel, Dime etc. And to me , it seems we won't get any breakdown on who is with the starters vs the backups. Please if someone else read it differently, let me know.

Back
Top Bottom