Training Camp Updates - Day 7 | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Updates - Day 7

giphy.gif
lol. Perfect.

According to the official site, he’s the only kicker on the camp roster. So I guess they feel pretty good about him.

I thought the kid looked great last year...accuracy improved greatly during camp (last year) and that ball exploded off the foot.

Man, so it's not just me? I see something good written about Rosen by multiple other outlets, and moments later I'll see something negative from either CK or 3 yards per carry. It's pathetic. Omar-esque.

Alf is the one posting these updates from Camp if I’m not mistaken. CK and Simon give excellent analysis in my opinion. Alf, not so much and he absolutely hates Rosen. I listen to the podcast and find that there is a lot of good stuff in it, but mostly if you ignore Alf.

I mean, just read the content out there. It's pretty clear. As someone else mentions, when Rosen does something good (which we can basically verify by the fact that multiple other sources post it), 3YPC account says nothing. Even when he's completing passes it's "boring" and "check downs". When, perhaps the boring check down was exactly what was needed in that instance. Never writing anything positive, only ever pointing out the negative - it's a clear agenda. It's as much a fact as anything.

I don't buy the whole he was supposed to check down thing. God how many times did we hear that same exact line with Tannehill? Same thing with the wanting to give guys so much time to develop. Nowadays QBs are coming in year 1 and playing at a high level. If you don't preform year 2 there's not much hope I have in a massive change.

As far as the 3ypc guys go I really know nothing about them and don't follow them. I just know (or at least think) that's CKs thing and I know I've always liked his analysis and felt his football opinions generally mirrored my own, so if he says something that has credibility to me. Maybe that group has some major agenda but still then show why it's wrong. All I've heard from TC so far has been mediocre at best. The fact that Fitz is clearly leading the battle currently is cause for some concern.

Hey, a checkdown isn't a bad option. 4-5yrds a play with a chance to bust it open. Now Chad Henne on the other hand down 14 to the jets with one play remaining and checking down to Lou Polite is a bad, gutless, checkdown.

Last edited:
I thought Alf did a good job and I posted most of his tweets, all kidding aside.
I don't have to post the tweets was just trying to help out.
I thought I posted an equal amount negative and positive about both QB's
At one point Fitzpatrick was ahead and still may be but Rosen did seem to get better
Actually I like yours because I can view it on the work pc. The others I have to view it on my phone bc our firewall blocks twitter. Not that I don't appreciate their efforts, but yours are more convenient for me in particular. So thanks brother!

I thought the kid looked great last year...accuracy improved greatly during camp (last year) and that ball exploded off the foot.

Agreed! He was clutch as well. Answered the call in big moments, excellent rookie season.

I think they are asking him to check down a lot....makes sense to me...with a shaky O-line...focus on the running game, short passing with occasional deeper throws thrown in.

I don't know if that's the case or not, but when I watched Rosen last season there were a number of situations that I was saying he should have just went to the back instead of forcing things down field. Even on some plays that he made downfield in tough situations you were left saying "It worked out but the sure thing and simple play would have been to hit the back or underneath receiver." So what I actually went into the offense hoping he would work on knowing when to check things down and when to go for the target down field.

I don't know if that's the case or not, but when I watched Rosen last season there were a number of situations that I was saying he should have just went to the back instead of forcing things down field. Even on some plays that he made downfield in tough situations you were left saying "It worked out but the sure thing and simple play would have been to hit the back or underneath receiver." So what I actually went into the offense hoping he would work on knowing when to check things down and when to go for the target down field.

That was my point exactly... and good coaching would be getting him to recognize and practice checking down a lot... from there he can begin doing it by second nature and focus more on downfield.

Unlike many...I think this is part of his growth process and regaining his confidence from the beat down of being mismanaged in Arizona...then the humiliation of getting replaced.

I think he is gonna come out if this in a good place and will get better and better as his confidence grows.

At some point we all look up and notice he is now QB1.

Back
Top Bottom