Training Camp Updates - Day Five | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Updates - Day Five

You guys kill me with the criticism of Rosen in his first week of TC. Rodgers spent 2 years on the bench behind Favre. Not all QBs are ready to start on Day 1. Scheme clearly matters along with how comfortable the QB is with his personnel.

Why everyone here is wishing for a 0-16 season after reading 5 days worth of tweets is hysterical. You'd rather write off a guy after a week and pray for another unproven QB like Tua or Herbert, but even if we do get them, they're going to need time too.

You're all ****ed in the head, but it's hilarious to read

Let’s at least get it right. I’m wishing for an 0 and 16 season if josh rosen isn’t the answer.

Nothing to do with 5 days into camp. This whole year is about either rosen or a top pick draft qb in 2020 for me. There is no in between.

Fitzpatrick could leave tomorrow and I wouldn’t give a rip.

Let’s at least get it right. I’m wishing for an 0 and 16 season if josh rosen isn’t the answer.

Nothing to do with 5 days into camp. This whole year is about either rosen or a top pick draft qb in 2020 for me. There is no in between.

Fitzpatrick can go play in traffic in terms of how much I give a rip about his time in a fins uniform
I don't understand how you can enjoy watching football with that attitude. Only 1 team wins the Superbowl each year, and it's been the Pats for a **** ton of them lately. A season isn't a failure just because you didn't win the Superbowl or make the playoffs.

I think that as whoever plays best should start, whether it's Fitz, Rosen, or Ruddock (lol). If Rosen isn't good enough to start by Week 17, then we have our answer on his long term viability.

It seems like the vocal majority on this site want either 19-0 (win SB) or 0-16 and anything inbetween isn't good enough for them, like it's their own personal Madden Franchise lol

I don't understand how you can enjoy watching football with that attitude. Only 1 team wins the Superbowl each year, and it's been the Pats for a **** ton of them lately. A season isn't a failure just because you didn't win the Superbowl or make the playoffs.

I think that as whoever plays best should start, whether it's Fitz, Rosen, or Ruddock (lol). If Rosen isn't good enough to start by Week 17, then we have our answer on his long term viability.

It seems like the vocal majority on this site want either 19-0 (win SB) or 0-16 and anything inbetween isn't good enough for them, like it's their own personal Madden Franchise lol

Probably cause I think the best way to win super bowls and enjoy my time as a fan is to land a top shelf qb. And I think the best route to that is the top overall pick where we can pick our poison.

And not potentially have to settle or be left out.

But I will let you in on a little secret...it doesn’t make me any less of a dolphins fan than any of you.

Dolphins have an entire scouting department and personnel team that probably dumped 1000 of hours scouting this kid in 2018.

It really is very simple. Miami saw an opportunity to pick up a talented QB, age 22, for a very late 2nd round pick, that they felt they bring in an attempt to develop for their football team.

There was no better value to be had at that pick. There are no guarantees . . . Roll the dice on the QB.

What happens from there is all on player and coaches, but they did not make the wrong move here in acquiring Rosen for what they gave up for him.
Big deal. That same scouting department and personnel team spent just as many hours scouting Charles Harris but still drafted him in the first round.

Big deal. That same scouting department and personnel team spent just as many hours scouting Charles Harris but still drafted him in the first round.

They also seemed to uncover a gem in Jerome Baker and X in round 2. Point is you can't convince me there was a better option on the table vs rolling the dice on JR.

Whether it works out or not is irrelevant, the opportunity needed to be taken and it was.

Right, it's the Dolphins fan base trifecta!

But I still think it all rolls into the insatiable need our
"dysfunctional society" creates for instant gratification
coupled with severe ego overgrowth and (SBS)
spoiled brat syndrome.

Have a Nice Day!

:)
I like that "spoiled brat syndrome". It really says it all!

worth keeping in mind that Rosen had some nice plays today as well including a TD to grant and a 20 yard pass down the seam to O'Leary

Where did you see that? I only say the barrage of negativity by those who have made up their mind. According to one of those guys all the press were constantly groaning every time Rosen was in.

Dude, no doubt you're a fan. And I'd say a very good one. But the extreme binary framework for the season you're presenting is highly unlikely based on the core facts.

#1 There is NO WAY in the universe this team is going O for 16.

#2 Rosen is a 22 year-old kid and there's NO WAY he becomes a master at his craft this season.

Rosen is (IMO) a QB "prospect" at this point -- and as he clearly articulated today after practice, he's very impressed by how Fitz comes to the LOS and immediately recognizes the D, knows protection etc. etc. In other words, all the things you routinely compliment Brady on -- pre snap read + recognition.

Rosen went on to say that he "appreciates" being behind Fitz at this point for the ability to learn -- and in his words -- someday possess an equivalent talent to run the O at that high level.

And I think this gets glossed over (or missed) in these parts -- the system we're installing is probably the MOST challenging in the league (along with the Cheats of course) for a QB. That means it's going to take some time -- and probably a LOT longer than you'd ideally prefer -- before Rosen is at the level of competency to really show what he's capable of (or not). I know. That part sucks. But it is what it is.

That said I am extremely confident the staff is evaluating Rosen under a microscope and there's ZERO chance we go into next draft lollygagging about the QB position. But there's NO CHANCE we're playing our hand for the #1 pick. ZERO.

Beyond that -- hello yea I'd love to have the #1 pick in 2020. I just think that kind of "desire" right now is totally off the wall because we have an entire season to play and there are bound to be many surprises -- positive and negative.

Just my .02.

BNF

Last edited:

We’ve spent 2 decades in mediocrity and irrelevance. Only true franchise qb will pull us out if that. This season needs to be about proving Rosen is or is not the guy while still positioning ourselves to take someone who might be in the draft without mortgaging the farm to trade up. Playing Fitz does not accomplish any of this.

I believe that the point he’s trying to make is that while it’s not an exact science, and there are going to be failures, that the scouting department is probably smarter and a lot more reliable than your average jackhole on a message board.

Rosen can be a really good QB, but I don’t think he is willing to give up his offseason to put in the work. (And that’s what it takes to be great) right now he is a downgrade from Ryan Tannehill.

Dude, no doubt you're a fan. And I'd say a very good one. But the extreme binary framework for the season you're presenting is highly unlikely based on the core facts.

#1 There is NO WAY in the universe this team is going O for 16.

#2 Rosen is a 22 year-old kid and there's NO WAY he becomes a master at his craft this season.

Rosen is (IMO) a QB "prospect" at this point -- and as he clearly articulated today after practice, he's very impressed by how Fitz comes to the LOS and immediately recognizes the D, knows protection etc. etc. In other words, all the things you routinely compliment Brady on -- pre snap read + recognition.

Rosen went on to say that he "appreciates" being behind Fitz at this point for the ability to learn -- and in his words -- someday possess an equivalent talent to run the O at that high level.

And I think this gets glossed over (or missed) in these parts -- the system we're installing is probably the MOST challenging in the league (along with the Cheats of course) for a QB. That means it's going to take some time -- and probably a LOT longer than you'd ideally prefer -- before Rosen is at the level of competency to really show what he's capable of (or not). I know. That part sucks. But it is what it is.

That said I am extremely confident the staff is evaluating Rosen under a microscope and there's ZERO chance we go into next draft lollygagging about the QB position. But there's NO CHANCE we're playing our hand for the #1 pick. ZERO.

Beyond that -- hello yea I'd love to have the #1 pick in 2020. I just think that kind of "desire" right now is totally off the wall because we have an entire season to play and there are bound to be many surprises -- positive and negative.

Just my .02.

BNF
I’m not a big believer in Rosen after last year, but this is a good post, not sure it can be debated much..

I too respect what he had to say today, his pride is not in the way and he’s gonna do this one step at a time, he needed to start from scratch at 22 years old and take each practice one step at a time..

We’ve spent 2 decades in mediocrity and irrelevance. Only true franchise qb will pull us out if that. This season needs to be about proving Rosen is or is not the guy while still positioning ourselves to take someone who might be in the draft without mortgaging the farm to trade up. Playing Fitz does not accomplish any of this.
Playing Fitzpatrick accomplishes competitive integrity by a first year young head coach no?

Scenario here, Fitzpatrick wins this job and his teammates hearts, you think Flores can start Rosen just because the franchise needs to know about him?

Who cares I would trade that for a Super Bowl any day. The way things are going I may die before Miami ever gets a legit QB.

Back
Top Bottom