Training Camp Updates - Day Four | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Updates - Day Four

Arizona is as inept at building a roster as the Dolphins are. They're problem is they're being narrow minded in thinking getting a new QB is going to solve their issues. They have a WR they've had to convince several times not to retire and no one behind him, a talented but often injured RB, no O-line (it's worse than ours if you've never seen them play) a first round pick they just cut after three years cause he sucked (we should be cutting Charles Harris soon...if you're talking about making mistakes in the draft and moving on from them). In truth, Arizona is one of the teams in the NFL that has less talent on its roster than Miami. They haven't turned crap around.
And neither has Miami.

The medical term for this condition is "sport schizophrenia". It mainly afflicts fans of franchises that have been perpetually mediocre, or below average.

The only known cure for this horrible condition is a multicourse treatment of playoff appearances.
Maybe it needs it's own term like sh*tzofania?

That is exactly what @datruth55 meant: how can you say that when the Cards have not played a single game yet? How can you say "they changed direction"?
For what it's worth if anything they are gambling big time. They hired a coach who was fired at a mediocre college for having a 35-40 record with 2 winning seasons in a total of 6 seasons, never was better than 5th in conference play. That coach picked a QB who had one full season in college under his belt, nobody has ever heard of last year at this time and has no incentive to work hard in the NFL having that cushy baseball contract in his back pocket. Yeah, the Cardinals pivoted alright. :lol:

It is time for you to simply admit that you dislike Rosen no matter what. Your spin is not working.

I never said Arizona turned the success of their franchise around. All I said is they pivoted away from the direction they were headed with Rosen. Why is that so hard for you guys to understand?
And stop acting like Miami's organization has been any more competent than Arizona, and that's exactly why I have reservations about this team even being able to make the right call about Rosen.

As far as me not liking Rosen, you want to take it personally. I just have serious doubts about his abilities to turn the fortunes of a dismal franchise around. He doesn't exhibit any special qualities as a QB. He isn't very athletic or elusive, he doesn't have special arm talent and, as much you want to question Kyler Murry about his character, the same was said about Rosen's character. So Rosen has as many unanswered questions about him as Murry does but with less upside. If that qualifies as me not liking Rosen, well so be it.

I get you, but what I am asking is what does "clearly" a franchise QB look like? What if he shows only flashes of good play? Will this front office feel satisfied that they have found their guy? I hope not. I mean it would be obvious if Rosen looks like Pat Mahomes or Baker Mayfield that you wouldn't move on from him, but that is not what I suspect Rosen will look like. I feel the same way as you. It better be clear and obvious that Rosen is the answer or I'm taking another QB if I have a high pick in next year's draft. I just hope this front office doesn't get complacent about the QB position because Rosen shows flashes of potential.

We totally agree...It can’t be flashes...because Rosen has a great arm and will make great throws...the question is can he consistently play at a high winning level?

If we don’t see that...they simply have to shoot for Herbert or Tua to add to the mix.

Back
Top Bottom