Training Camp Updates - Day Three | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Updates - Day Three

Seen this movie too many times....I don’t see a Jim Plunkett career revival for Fitz.

A little OT, but Fitz seems to be is worst enemy. It's as if he starts out being the QB he 'could be,' but can't stay focused. After 2-3-4 games, his mind starts drifting and the evil Fitz climbs out of it's hole. Maybe Flo can exorcise the evil Fitz, but I doubt it. He is what he is.

For sure...however...they have to make a QB decision next April, I would want to see enough of Rosen to have conviction one way or the other!

It would be unbelievable for this franchise to be free to use that first pick elsewhere or trade down for more draft stock.

It may not matter how Rosen play's good or bad, when it's raining QB's like it seems to be now, they could decide it's better to be QB rich and bring in another if there in position to in the draft. We wasted 8 years trying to figure out if Tannehill was good enough, having 2 QB's on rookie contract wouldn't be a bad thing. I don't understand why Arizona let Rosen go.

They’ve only got about what $12 mil in the qb position which is dirt money so I don’t see that being the end all factor in who starts.

Just my opinion

If they make the 53 - Ryan Fitzpatrick 5.5 mil Rosen just under 1.3 mil Jake Rudock 645k for 8.5 mil roughly if you add in the money were paying Tannehill not to play for us 18 mil were paying 26.5 mil

Money is hardly ever the factor in who starts, comes down to who is playing better and if that is close who benefits the club long term.

If they make the 53 - Ryan Fitzpatrick 5.5 mil Rosen just under 1.3 mil Jake Rudock 645k for 8.5 mil roughly if you add in the money were paying Tannehill not to play for us 18 mil were paying 26.5 mil

Money is hardly ever the factor in who starts, comes down to who is playing better and if that is close who benefits the club long term.

We have $18 mil in tannehill against us?

A little OT, but Fitz seems to be is worst enemy. It's as if he starts out being the QB he 'could be,' but can't stay focused. After 2-3-4 games, his mind starts drifting and the evil Fitz climbs out of it's hole. Maybe Flo can exorcise the evil Fitz, but I doubt it. He is what he is.

Exactly...too many bad habits at his age...truth is he is a gunslinger who doesn’t have Dan Marino’s arm or accuracy.

Too old a dog to learn new tricks.

My hunch is Rosen will continue to improve and will have the job no later than the 5th game.

I kinda like that plan because the first four games are playoff teams and likely losses, also by game 5 hopefully we will have our best version of the best O-line we can field... and Rosen can begin in a winnable home game against the Redskins.

12 games is more than adequate to make an evaluation of Rosen and a decision on the 2020 first round pick.

It may not matter how Rosen play's good or bad, when it's raining QB's like it seems to be now, they could decide it's better to be QB rich and bring in another if there in position to in the draft. We wasted 8 years trying to figure out if Tannehill was good enough, having 2 QB's on rookie contract wouldn't be a bad thing. I don't understand why Arizona let Rosen go.

I agree...and if I was making the decision...unless Rosen clearly shows that he is a Lock franchise QB...I would double down with Herbert or Tua.

I see a 4-12 season... so we’ll be picking high...my guess is 3rd pick.

I can think of a couple reasons. First, they don't want the new "phenom" to constantly be looking over his shoulder, but just as important is not putting themselves in a position for the fan base, local talk radio, etc to be calling for Rosen if/when things are going badly.

I agree...and if I was making the decision...unless Rosen clearly shows that he is a Lock franchise QB...I would double down with Herbert or Tua.

I see a 4-12 season... so we’ll be picking high...my guess is 3rd pick.

Not sure you can pick them like that, you get who you get a chance at and you make the best decision you can.
Something Grier needs to get better at, I'm glad he brought in some help.

Not sure you can pick them like that, you get who you get a chance at and you make the best decision you can.
Something Grier needs to get better at, I'm glad he brought in some help.

Not sure what you meant?... I think both QB’s would be worthy of pick 3 if they choose to go that route.

I am leaning Herbert over Tua personally!

I can think of a couple reasons. First, they don't want the new "phenom" to constantly be looking over his shoulder, but just as important is not putting themselves in a position for the fan base, local talk radio, etc to be calling for Rosen if/when things are going badly.

Flories said there will be no sacred cows on this team, competition breeds success.

Looking at Arizona from afar Kyler Murray is a running QB and they get hurt in this league and Rosen would of been a nice backup on a rookie contract for 3 or 4 more years.

For sure...however...they have to make a QB decision next April, I would want to see enough of Rosen to have conviction one way or the other!

It would be unbelievable for this franchise to be free to use that first pick elsewhere or trade down for more draft stock.
Since nobody has a crystal ball it could very well be that this team finishes in the .500 range and every 1st round QB is out of reach in 2020 so that question takes care of itself.

We have $18 mil in tannehill against us?
Yes, indeed. I couldn't believe it myself. Tannehill's dead cap is 18.4 million.

Yeah blame Tannenbaum, also blame him for the 22.2 mil we paid Suh over 2 years not to play for us, were paying Suh more not to play for us this year than Tampa is paying him to play for them. We have a dead cap hit of 37.6 mil in 2019, we still have 27 mil in cap space, when CK said we have the lowest pay out in active players on are roster he wasn't kidding.

https://clutchpoints.com/dolphins-news-ryan-tannehill-will-cost-miami-18-million-in-dead-money/
It might be semantics but we're not paying Tannehill 18 million this year. We paid 5 million of his salary but that's it. The dead cap of 18.4 million results from the 5 million we have already paid him for the 2019 season and from 13.4 million of earlier payouts that have not counted against the cap yet.

We do not pay Suh a dime this year. The dead cap is again from earlier payouts that have not counted against the cap yet.

Since nobody has a crystal ball it could very well be that this team finishes in the .500 range and every 1st round QB is out of reach in 2020 so that question takes care of itself.

Yes, indeed. I couldn't believe it myself. Tannehill's dead cap is 18.4 million.

It might be semantics but we're not paying Tannehill 18 million this year. We paid 5 million of his salary but that's it. The dead cap of 18.4 million results from the 5 million we have already paid him for the 2019 season and from 13.4 million of earlier payouts that have not counted against the cap yet.

We do not pay Suh a dime this year. The dead cap is again from earlier payouts that have not counted against the cap yet.

I wouldn’t say very well... 0-4 start looks solid against 4 playoff teams...which makes an 8-4 last 12 doubtful.

6 is the absolute top end....4 seems about right...top 4 pick!

Back
Top Bottom