Training Camp Updates | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Updates

Which is why all this talk to a 3 win team is absurd.... Good coaching will never produce a three win team. Never ever. The talent is not that much difference between teams in the NFL. Coaching by far and away is more important.
There isn't that mich difference in overall talent, but at certain positions like QB, and a pass rusher capable of 1v1 domination, it matters more than some other positions.

A lock down corner is also something every team doesn't have.

There isn't that mich difference in overall talent, but at certain positions like QB, and a pass rusher capable of 1v1 domination, it matters more than some other positions.

A lock down corner is also something every team doesn't have.

We also dont seem to have a competent OL. I dont know how anyone can think we're even going to be decent with this OL.

Yeah attack shoulders to keep o line heads turned while another loops to come free

Lots of sacrificial lamb ask

Thing is if the o line sees it and passes it off should be some rather easy pick ups and wash outs.

We also dont seem to have a competent OL. I dont know how anyone can think we're even going to be decent with this OL.
That is one area where there isn't that big of a gap in talent from team to team. Yes, you want a stud LT, but coaching, and being assignment sound, as well as not being a penalty factory can make a big difference, IMO.

There were times last year where our line looked totally confused. I can't put that all on the players. They were obviously not properly prepared. At least some of that is on coaching.

That is one area where there isn't that big of a gap in talent from team to team. Yes, you want a stud LT, but coaching, and being assignment sound, as well as not being a penalty factory can make a big difference, IMO.

There were times last year where our line looked totally confused. I can't put that all on the players. They were obviously not properly prepared. At least some of that is on coaching.

Last year the OL did well until it completely collapsed with injuries. I'm not going to blame coaching for not being able to get a bunch of scrubs to play properly. Now blame them for conditioning or something with all the gd injuries, maybe.

I actually believe that very thing.

Coaching by far and away is more important.

I couldn’t disagree more. Coaching can be huge, massive, gargantuan but more important than talent and individual players making big plays? Absolutely not.

We’re still bitching about how bad Gase and Burke were and as bad as they were/are, they still had us in the playoff hunt late last year.

It’s a little bit of luck in those close games, a whole lot of good coaching but first and more importantly, talented or fire in the belly individuals that do their job and beat the man in-front of them.

There’s no coaching a Gronkowski. You just put him out there and let him eat.

Well someone is responsible for the way Jesse Davis underperformed last year. Either the position coach or the player.

What do guy's make of McMillan and M. Fitzpatrick getting more 2nd team work than 1st team - tough love???

I don’t read much into either one but it’s getting harder and harder to validate that top 50 pick on Raekwon if he is the odd man out in snaps played of the lbs

If minkahs not on the field in some capacity every snap something is wrong. Very wrong. You find a role and room for that kid every down

Yeah I'm not worried about Minkah not playing every snap in TC. Day one is about a lot more than the proposed starters.

Minkah will be on the field a ton and make plenty of plays.

Which is why all this talk to a 3 win team is absurd.... Good coaching will never produce a three win team. Never ever. The talent is not that much difference between teams in the NFL. Coaching by far and away is more important.

There's a MASSIVE difference between Devante Parker and Julio Jones, between Ryan Fitzpatrick and Drew Brees, between Bobby Wagner and Kiko Alonso, etc.

Yeah I'm not worried about Minkah not playing every snap in TC. Day one is about a lot more than the proposed starters.

Minkah will be on the field a ton and make plenty of plays.

I was screaming for Derwin (and I know you were too) so I hope Minkah keeps improving and making himself worth where he was selected.

Back
Top Bottom