Training Camp | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp

BostonDolphan

Starter
Reaction score
Hey Fellas,

I had a couple of questions about this year's training camp. I'm gonna be in Florida the last week of July to watch the Red Sox play the Devil Rays in Tampa. I was wondering how long of a drive it is from Tampa to Davie. Also do you need to purchase tickets to see them practice and stuff. Any training camp information would be great and I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

One of our training camp reporters should be able to answer that question.

Wow a fellow Dolphins-Redsox fan... Talk about a sweet weekend... Don't know anything about camp but I will know you that you have good taste in sports teams..

Haha hopefully we'll have a winning combo this year although the sox are off to a tough start. Its tough being a dolphins fan up here though, i get crap from everybody, much like you prolly get crap where you live on one side or another. You too have a good taste in sports teams, I dont know any dolphins fans here, nevermind dolphins and red sox

BostonDolphan said:
Haha hopefully we'll have a winning combo this year although the sox are off to a tough start. Its tough being a dolphins fan up here though, i get crap from everybody, much like you prolly get crap where you live on one side or another. You too have a good taste in sports teams, I dont know any dolphins fans here, nevermind dolphins and red sox

Oh Yeh....Sox Fins Fans....gotta love em. Im a huge fan of both teams. Its funny they seem to mirror each other alot. I can stomach the Sox's slow start. After being down 3-0 in the ALCS..and winning it all...nothing panics me now. Anything can happen.

I went to 3 training camp practices last year and it never cost me anything to get in. They do have a pro shop and a little stand that you can go to and buy stuff inclunding game used jerseys and facemasks. They also had free little programs and rosters sheets you could pick up on the way in. A couple of times I went they had cheerleaders signing the cheerleader team photo.

As far as driving I'm not sure how long it would take from Tampa because I'm on the other coast. I would guess around 2-3 hours though.

Welp I live in Davie (about 10 minutes away from the practice/training camp facility), and I can tell you from Tampa, its about 4 hours away.

i am glad i can help you training camp starts end of july like the 31st i think the first pratice is free and thats like a four hour drive

BostonDolphan said:
Hey Fellas,

I had a couple of questions about this year's training camp. I'm gonna be in Florida the last week of July to watch the Red Sox play the Devil Rays in Tampa. I was wondering how long of a drive it is from Tampa to Davie. Also do you need to purchase tickets to see them practice and stuff. Any training camp information would be great and I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

All practices are at the team's training facility. For practice times and weather information, please call the Training Camp hotline at (954) 452-7004.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=3780

thenicksabanera said:
i am glad i can help you training camp starts end of july like the 31st i think the first pratice is free and thats like a four hour drive

The dates for training camp have not been released yet. But expect July 25 to be the first day.

Well like I said, they have not been officially released yet, so I can't say for sure. But they person who told me that, said that, that is what he has been led to believe. I'm not one of the guys who says they have "sources" for info, but the owners of this site know me, and they know I'm a pretty credible source. But please by ALL means, don't plan your trip for that day, because the person who told me that might be WAY off. The minute I hear anything concrete, I will post it.

I live in Atlanta home of the Braves.... I miss Fenway a bunch and the rabid fans, because Braves fans only show up for the playoffs.. My name of Party Poker is FenwayPark and I get constant crap about being a fair weather fan because my location says ATL...GreenMonster

Thanks for the help Fantastic. Fenway is pretty crazy compared to most ballparks, espically when they contend. I was up there once this year and am going to tampa this year and went to toronto last year. The atmosphere was totally different in those two cities compared to fenway.

BostonDolphan said:
Hey Fellas,

The best way to keep informed about mini camps, and training camps is to look on the Dolphins Official Site. There is usually a list on the front page that shows all the times, and dates, and wether or not each practice is open to the public. OR, you could look here, because every year the same info will be on FH about 10-20 times. :D

Training Camp always starts around the last week in July, give or take a day.

There are quite a few people here that drive from the Tampa area over to see training camp, so although my guess is around 4 hours, they could tell you for sure. One of our moderators takes the drive as a matter of fact, and I'm pretty sure he'll let you know.

Back
Top Bottom