Training Facility Moving To Miami Gardens | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Facility Moving To Miami Gardens

There were rumors years ago about a water park being built in that empty area by the stadium. Anyone know what happened with that?

Thankfully this move will remove the final stigma hanging over the franchise from the NS tenure....The Nick Saban Memorial Practice Bubble will be no more!

Finally, in 2020 (at the earliest) we will be totally cleansed of the debacle that was Nick Saban.

Thankfully this move will remove the final stigma hanging over the franchise from the NS tenure....The Nick Saban Memorial Practice Bubble will be no more!
Finally, in 2020 (at the earliest) we will be totally cleansed of the debacle that was Nick Saban.

Thank you. The first thing that popped into my mind. No more Nick Saban bubble!!!!!!!

Gotta love the climate control simulator. Taking it to another level.

Link? I would like to check that out. TIA.

Thank you. The first thing that popped into my mind. No more Nick Saban bubble!!!!!!!

Link? I would like to check that out. TIA.

I'm just quoting what it says in UK's post a few posts up. Stated underneath the rendering.

"Dolphins new training camp facility. Will be equipped with climate control. They'll practice in the temperature of the opponent's field."

Doesn't appear they're are any details more than that.

Hey, not all of Dade is a dump. Miami Gardens definitely is, though.

Haha….I grew up there. It started becoming a dump in the mid to late 70's….

I used to live on 174th Street NW…I've never been to Hard Rock, but from the looks of the map, it looks like it's walking distance from my old house.

Haha….I grew up there. It started becoming a dump in the mid to late 70's….

I used to live on 174th Street NW…I've never been to Hard Rock, but from the looks of the map, it looks like it's walking distance from my old house.

Same here. Moved to Murda Gardens from Jamaica when I was a little boy. Crestview Elementary. Grew up on the same street.

People call it a dump because of the violence, but I don't see a big difference in the community there vs. Pembroke Pines. Same "dump" -- robberies, home invasions, break ins, drug houses everywhere.

Same here. Moved to Murda Gardens from Jamaica when I was a little boy. Crestview Elementary. Grew up on the same street.

People call it a dump because of the violence, but I don't see a big difference in the community there vs. Pembroke Pines. Same "dump" -- robberies, home invasions, break ins, drug houses everywhere.

Grew up there too, 183rd and 47 about ten min drive from the stadium, From Miami Gardens Elementary all the way to MCC High. the area is def leaps better then what it was 10 years ago, hopefully this and all the rebuilding along 27th ave rejuvenates the area some more.

Grew up there too, 183rd and 47 about ten min drive from the stadium, From Miami Gardens Elementary all the way to MCC High. the area is def leaps better then what it was 10 years ago, hopefully this and all the rebuilding along 27th ave rejuvenates the area some more.

Yeah, nationwide, all the "bad" areas seem to be turning around as people from the burbs move back into the city…

I went to Scott Lake Elementary.

In theory this seems great, but for players it really doesn't mean anything except longer commute times.

Obviously for the Fins to be able to reel in camp visitors and get them to walk across the street for a stadium tour and purchase season tickets . . . . It's a no brainer.

In theory this seems great, but for players it really doesn't mean anything except longer commute times.

Obviously for the Fins to be able to reel in camp visitors and get them to walk across the street for a stadium tour and purchase season tickets . . . . It's a no brainer.
Actually I think it means a lot of the players and coaches will live in Dade now, as opposed to Broward. That’s part of why it’s such a big get for Dade, the potential to have a bunch of rich dudes become new tax payers.

Actually I think it means a lot of the players and coaches will live in Dade now, as opposed to Broward. That’s part of why it’s such a big get for Dade, the potential to have a bunch of rich dudes become new tax payers.

As crazy as it sounds . . .living in Broward is still arguably a better option for family living and commuting when trying to get to HRS.

Miramar probably becomes a more popular option instead of Davie now but the downtown Fort Lauderdale area (where Suh had a mansion) is less attractive from a living standpoint. These guys ain’t gonna stay anywhere in Miami Dade in a 10 mile radius from the stadium.

Last edited:
As crazy as it sounds . . .living in Broward is still arguably a better option for family living and commuting when trying to get to HRS.

Miramar probably becomes a more popular option instead of Davie now but the downtown Fort Lauderdale area (where Suh had a mansion) is less attractive from a living standpoint. These guys ain’t gonna stay anywhere in Miami Dade in a 10 mile radius from the stadium.
Maybe the married guys with families will stay in Broward, but the single dudes- if it were me, I’d have a place on South Beach or downtown. Doesn’t get any better if you’re a single dude with money.

Back
Top Bottom