Training Facility Moving To Miami Gardens | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Facility Moving To Miami Gardens

Actually I think it means a lot of the players and coaches will live in Dade now, as opposed to Broward. That’s part of why it’s such a big get for Dade, the potential to have a bunch of rich dudes become new tax payers.
Why? Broward county is next door and the distance from the Davie facility to the new facility is 20 min. It is basically just down the street. No need for anybody to move away from Broward County.

Why? Broward county is next door and the distance from the Davie facility to the new facility is 20 min. It is basically just down the street. No need for anybody to move away from Broward County.
That was one of the things the Dade County officials were touting in one of the articles I read- that players and coaches would likely be moving to Dade. I think it was the Miami-Dade mayor.

That was one of the things the Dade County officials were touting in one of the articles I read- that players and coaches would likely be moving to Dade. I think it was the Miami-Dade mayor.
That would be a pretty stupid reason. :laugh
Before that happens they have to pretty much first clean up the areas. I could not tell you any area close to the stadium which would be "fit" for a bunch of rich football players. I think the closest would be the Aventura area to the East but that is quite a hike through traffic. I think the mayor was just trying to justify any tax dollars which will be spend because, let's face it, the practice facility does nothing to the surrounding area except increase traffic in the offseason.

Maybe the married guys with families will stay in Broward, but the single dudes- if it were me, I’d have a place on South Beach or downtown. Doesn’t get any better if you’re a single dude with money.

Seems like the dream.

But Most of those guys under 25 (first contract) don’t have the cash flow to seriously live in those areas without blowing through money. Then factoring in that traffic . . . It just becomes a hassle and I wouldn’t be surprised if they are thoroughly educated on places to live and avoid on those initial deals (by team and agent). They’d much rather stay in a nice condo or house north, far less price tag, and have a designated driver or an Uber take them down to South Beach and even get a hotel for the weekend. Once you get in the league the partying really slows down and it’s not something these guys do on a every day basis. Even in the offseason.

Trust me there is plenty of tail all over South FL if you are athletic, got a nice car and have money. By the time u get that second contract you probably got one of em pregnant and family life begins.

Or you can be the richest guy in baseball like Giancarlo Stanton, be single as hell and build a penthouse right on North Bayshore Drive and live it up.

That’s the ultimate minority though, from a cash and options standpoint.

Back
Top Bottom