Transcript Of Dave's Pregame Speech For The Cowboys Game. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Transcript Of Dave's Pregame Speech For The Cowboys Game.

ARealFinsFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Dave: Boys......I got something to say.

Zach Thomas: Everybody sit down, shut up and listen up.

Dave: Men, this stuff that some sources sling around about the Dolphins not having heart, not wanting to fight, is a crock of bulls**t. The Miami Dolphins love to fight, traditionally. All real Dolphins love the sting and clash of battle. You are here today for three reasons. First, because you are here to defend your honor and the honor of our franchise. Second, you are here for your own self-respect, because you would not want to be anywhere else. Third, you are here because you are real men and all real men like to fight. When you, here, every one of you, were kids, you all admired the fastest runner, the toughest boxer, the big league ball players, and the All-American football players.

The fans in miami love a winner. Dolfans will not tolerate a loser. Dolphins fans despise cowards. WE as a franchise play to win all of the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed.

Football is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best and it removes all that is base.

All through your football careers, you men have bitched about what you call "chicken s**t drilling." That, like everything else in this team, has a definite purpose. That purpose is alertness. Alertness must be bred into every player. I don't give a f**k for a man who's not always on his toes. You men are veterans or you wouldn't be here. You are ready for what's to come.

We are a team. It lives, sleeps, eats, and fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is pure horses**t. The bilious bastards who write that kind of stuff for the Saturday Evening Post don't know any more about real fighting under fire than they know about f**king! We have the finest talent, the finest schemes, the best spirit, and the best team in this league. Why, by God, I actually pity those poor sons-of-bitches we're going up against. By God, I do!

All of the real heroes are not storybook espn highlight showboats, either. Every single man on this team plays a vital role. Don't ever let up. Don't ever think that your job is unimportant. Every man has a job to do and he must do it. Every man is a vital link in the great chain.

Each man must not think only of himself, but also of his buddy playing beside him. We don't want yellow cowards on this team.

We'll win this game, but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Cowboys that we've got more guts than they have; or ever will have. We're not going to just kick the crap out of those sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our buses as we ride out of the parking lot over their goddamn fans. We're going to murder those lousy Cowgirls by 40 points!

I don't want to get any messages saying, 'Let's hold on to this lead." We are not holding a Goddamned thing. Let the Cowgirls do that! We are advancing constantly and we are not interested in holding onto anything, except Bill Parcells's balls! We are going to twist his balls and kick the living s**t out of him all of the time. Our basic plan of operation is to advance and to keep on advancing regardless of whether we have to go over, under, or through their defense. We are going to go through them like crap through a goose!

From time to time there will be some complaints that we are pushing our people too hard. I don't give a good Goddamn about such complaints. I believe in the old and sound rule that an ounce of sweat will save a gallon of blood. The harder WE push, the more games we'll win. The more of their players we hurt, the fewer of our men will be hurt.

Pushing means fewer injuries. I want you all to remember that.

There is one great thing that you men will all be able to say after this game is over and you are home once again. You may be thankful that twenty years from now when you are sitting by the fireplace with your grandson on your knee and he asks you what you did on Thanksgiving day of 2003, you WON'T have to cough, shift him to the other knee and say, 'Well, your Granddaddy lost to the Cowgirls.'

No, Sir, you can look him straight in the eye and say, 'Son, your Granddaddy rode into Texas Stadium with the rest of the Miami Dolphins and kicked the Dallas Cowboys squarley in the ***!'

LETS GO GET"EM!!!

"That is all."

Last edited by a moderator:
Champion marble player????

:lol:....nice post, I enjoyed that.

Back
Top Bottom