Travares Tillman: Team Leader | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Travares Tillman: Team Leader

Surferosa

Run to Daylight
Reaction score
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/11766583.htm

When Dolphins coach Nick Saban summoned fewer than 10 players recently and asked them to assume leadership roles, most approached were key veterans (such as Zach Thomas and Chris Chambers). One name, though, was surprising: new safety Travares Tillman. That should tell you the faith Saban has in one of his initial free agent targets.

But the secondary still needs help -- cornerback R.W. McQuarters is expected to meet this week with Miami, Tampa Bay and Jacksonville after visiting with the Giants, and last week with Washington

My friend's a Texans fan and he says that they were very excited about Tillman because he was going to be their starter just two seasons ago. A training camp injury and salary cap problems had Tillman land in Carolina where he played very few snaps.
I hope Tillman works out, he's pretty young isn't he?

Tillman and Tebucky Jones are the kind of guys that either make or break coaches. Their talent is unquestioned BUT they have a way of not living up to it because of injuries, bad decisions, etc. If either or both of these guys prove in Miami what they failed to demonstrate in prior stops then Saban will rightfully be accorded genius status. If not............................

Surferosa said:

When Dolphins coach Nick Saban summoned fewer than 10 players recently and asked them to assume leadership roles, most approached were key veterans (such as Zach Thomas and Chris Chambers). One name, though, was surprising: new safety Travares Tillman. That should tell you the faith Saban has in one of his initial free agent targets.

But the secondary still needs help -- cornerback R.W. McQuarters is expected to meet this week with Miami, Tampa Bay and Jacksonville after visiting with the Giants, and last week with Washington

Thx for the news on Tillman Surferosa :)

i am more worried about safety than any other position...i think tebucky jones will do well because he played with the patriots and we have similar systems...traveres tillman has to stay healthy...it makes me feel better that saban is so confident in him...we still dont have any depth...i would like to see us pick up a safety after june 1...

I think Tillman could be a pleasant surprise. In the future I'd prefer to see Bua at SS and Bell at FS........ but this season it will probably be Jones and Tillman.

popularwar said:
My friend's a Texans fan and he says that they were very excited about Tillman because he was going to be their starter just two seasons ago. A training camp injury and salary cap problems had Tillman land in Carolina where he played very few snaps.
I hope Tillman works out, he's pretty young isn't he?
He was on the Texan's a couple seasons ago but didn't play because of injury?? I did not know that, haven't really followed the guy other than knowing he was last on Carolina. Do you have any idea what the injury was or why he was a salary cap problem?

Oh and he's 27 by the way.

Surferosa said:

I thought McMike,Jt,Zt were our captains and leaders, who cares about some middle of the road midiocre fs, tillman please! he doesnt have half the #'s of freeman and freeman wasnt good enough. I love the phins but Im not into lyin' 2 myself about the level of talent we have.( it's gonnna be a crazy year) VOTE NO ON MEASURE #34

gonick1 said:
I thought McMike,Jt,Zt were our captains and leaders, who cares about some middle of the road midiocre fs, tillman please! he doesnt have half the #'s of freeman and freeman wasnt good enough. I love the phins but Im not into lyin' 2 myself about the level of talent we have.( it's gonnna be a crazy year) VOTE NO ON MEASURE #34
He hasn't been healthy, he would have started for Houston if he was. You don't know what this guy's capable of, he might be the next big thing. We need as many people to step up as possible, if Tillman is one of them I have no problem.

Its entirely too early to be blasting Tillman. Saban made the decision, and we will have to wait and see how it turns out. If you dont have confidence in Saban in May, before training camp, then you are in for a looooooong season.

Stay out of this thunderstorm and have a fun and safe holiday weekend. :cooldude:

gonick1 said:
I thought McMike,Jt,Zt were our captains and leaders, who cares about some middle of the road midiocre fs, tillman please! he doesnt have half the #'s of freeman and freeman wasnt good enough.
Trust Saban... :idea:

Back
Top Bottom