‘Travesty’ and trepidation: Past, present Miami Dolphins sweating out Jarvis Landry drama | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

‘Travesty’ and trepidation: Past, present Miami Dolphins sweating out Jarvis Landry drama

Nice one! Actually, it doesn't hurt my feelings. I just believe that Landry, and running the entire offense through him, is not helping the team win games. They'd do better by building a bigger, stronger o-line so that they can more easily establish a dominating running game and have the ability (and time) to throw the ball anywhere on the field. Throwing 100+ short passes to a slot receiver has done nothing for the team but gain a few first downs and pad Landry's stats. And, those first downs that he makes usually end up in turning the ball over anyway; when you have no o-line it's nearly impossible to sustain drives. Being able to run the ball to both control the clock and wear down the defense combined with the ability to get chunk yardage through the air will do more to win games than throwing 4 yard passes to Landry!

Oh, I wasn't advocating we need to keep Landry, I'd like us to have a more balanced offense in terms of targets and all of that. I just look at the celebration thing as guys trying to have fun.

I think in some cases too Landry was thrown screens to be an extension of the running game, since we were pretty inconsistent in that area last season.

I love those players but they act as if the team did nothing. The fact that we offered him $13 million a year seems to escape everyone’s grasp. It takes two parties to sign a deal and apparently our offer wasn’t good enough.

The "$13M" per year" means little. It's ALL about the "guaranteed at signing" money...not the "total gtd" either because it gives the team the option to get out of paying it at certain future dates.

I'd argue when it comes to moving the chains Wes Welker in his brief time here was just as good. Devon Bess isn't too far behind.

Now sure! Landry is a much stronger, physically gifted player. But if we're going by route running, quickness and then getting the first then he's not miles better than the previous two guys i've mentioned and certainly not worth $10M+ more than those guys.

But it's not just about moving the chains and the most money Welker ever made in a season was $9.5M. That was 7 years ago. Salaries and salary caps have risen exponentially since then. The franchise tag amount at that time was $9.5M for a WR. Today it's $16M. The cap has increased $56.6M since then.

But it's not just about moving the chains and the most money Welker ever made in a season was $9.5M. That was 7 years ago. Salaries and salary caps have risen exponentially since then. The franchise tag amount at that time was $9.5M for a WR. Today it's $16M. The cap has increased $56.6M since then.

Interesting, by this thinking we should shift everyone in the leagues salary accordingly. Now is that what you're suggesting or is it only reserve for top-tier players? Everyone else's salaries stays relatively the same expect for the Landry players of the NFL.

Are you talking only since 81 on? Did you ever hear of Paul Warfield?

Ozzy rules!!
Talking since 81 and up. That I've seen. Never seen Warfield but heard he was great.

Over the past two seasons, Jarvis Landry has forced 48 missed tackles on pass plays -- most of any AFC receiver. 400 catches more then any WR in 4 years. 4000+ yards. Ok 8.8 a catch. Just means they ain't using him right

Over the past two seasons, Jarvis Landry has forced 48 missed tackles on pass plays -- most of any AFC receiver. 400 catches more then any WR in 4 years. 4000+ yards. Ok 8.8 a catch. Just means they ain't using him right

Or they are? Doesn't matter as long as this team refuses to fix a impediment to any real growth in the past decade.

Back
Top Bottom