‘Travesty’ and trepidation: Past, present Miami Dolphins sweating out Jarvis Landry drama | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

‘Travesty’ and trepidation: Past, present Miami Dolphins sweating out Jarvis Landry drama

I love those players but they act as if the team did nothing. The fact that we offered him $13 million a year seems to escape everyone’s grasp. It takes two parties to sign a deal and apparently our offer wasn’t good enough.
A more than fair offer IMO.

can we really count on the Phins having a contingency plan for Landry's exit? a 2nd round pick simply isn't enough. Could Miami be players for Robinson or Watkins?
The contingency plan is to find the $16M and play him. (I think that he gameplan is and always has been to trade him for better than a 3rd round Draft pick).

Last edited:
No inside knowledge - maybe Miami offered Landry the best deal in NFL history and Landry said no....

On the other hand, we have an organization that has SUCKED - now into our 3rd decade of suckiness - with a recent history of blowing it repeatedly on keeping talent and going on spending sprees for big name players as if we're one player away from a superbowl - then we cannot even sniff the playoffs!

Bad organizations deserve bad "press"!!!

Perhaps you should have STOPPED at the "No Inside Knowledge" part!

Last edited:
"This millionaire dancing on TV hurts my feelings!!!"

Nice one! Actually, it doesn't hurt my feelings. I just believe that Landry, and running the entire offense through him, is not helping the team win games. They'd do better by building a bigger, stronger o-line so that they can more easily establish a dominating running game and have the ability (and time) to throw the ball anywhere on the field. Throwing 100+ short passes to a slot receiver has done nothing for the team but gain a few first downs and pad Landry's stats. And, those first downs that he makes usually end up in turning the ball over anyway; when you have no o-line it's nearly impossible to sustain drives. Being able to run the ball to both control the clock and wear down the defense combined with the ability to get chunk yardage through the air will do more to win games than throwing 4 yard passes to Landry!

Nice one! Actually, it doesn't hurt my feelings. I just believe that Landry, and running the entire offense through him, is not helping the team win games. They'd do better by building a bigger, stronger o-line so that they can more easily establish a dominating running game and have the ability (and time) to throw the ball anywhere on the field. Throwing 100+ short passes to a slot receiver has done nothing for the team but gain a few first downs and pad Landry's stats. And, those first downs that he makes usually end up in turning the ball over anyway; when you have no o-line it's nearly impossible to sustain drives. Being able to run the ball to both control the clock and wear down the defense combined with the ability to get chunk yardage through the air will do more to win games than throwing 4 yard passes to Landry!

In that case, your beef is with Gase, not Landry. I know you have posted this about Gase in the past, this is Gase's offense, whether Landry is the target or some other guy, those plays are not going away. You can't blame Landry for running the plays that Gase is calling.

I never understood this mindset.

**** talking is absolutely a part of the game, and it should be. We're also watching the game for entertainment, so I have zero issue with someone getting a first down and being happy about it.

Y'all need to find some actual legitimate things to be angry about.

"This millionaire dancing on TV hurts my feelings!!!"
Not all first downs are created equal. There's nothing to celebrate if you're down by 21 and you get a first down on your own 20.

I actually don't think another team is going to give up the pick(s) AND pay him a huge long term deal anymore. Not with Robinson and Watkins out there, and Ridley most likely sitting on the board long enough for a team to move up if they need to without giving up much.

I really think using him as a chip to move up in the first round is going to be the only way he gets traded. Otherwise, I'm starting to believe he's going to end up playing on the tag and hopefully at some point we get back to negotiating.

Call him a slot, Call him a no deep threat. Call him 8 yards a catch. Call him whatever. Landry is the 3rd best WR I seen besides Duper and Clayton. Hands down.....Keep in mind im a Dolphins fan since 1981

Why? Because I’m not allowed to have my opinion?

Opinion certainly! But stating things as a "facts" when you don't know if they are "facts" is something else entirely.

Opinion certainly! But stating things as a "facts" when you don't know if they are "facts" is something else entirely.

I'd argue when it comes to moving the chains Wes Welker in his brief time here was just as good. Devon Bess isn't too far behind.

Now sure! Landry is a much stronger, physically gifted player. But if we're going by route running, quickness and then getting the first then he's not miles better than the previous two guys i've mentioned and certainly not worth $10M+ more than those guys.

Call him a slot, Call him a no deep threat. Call him 8 yards a catch. Call him whatever. Landry is the 3rd best WR I seen besides Duper and Clayton. Hands down.....Keep in mind im a Dolphins fan since 1981

Irving Fryar is on line 1.

What everyone is missing though is they do not want him. How can you say this FO wants him here when they have tried to trade him since the beginning of last year? They were probably trying to work out a contract so he is locked into a deal and he is easier to trade. He is not in the FO’s long term plans. They are just trying to get something rather then nothing.

I think what everyone fails to realize is that HE doesn’t want to be here. If he did, deal would have been done. He may have no choice with the tag over his head and may end up signing a deal to stay once he realizes his options are limited.

Deal with it and don’t hang it all on the team.

Better than Irving Fryar and Chris Chambers?

Back
Top Bottom