Travis Colemen released from the bears | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Travis Colemen released from the bears

DolphinD

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Cornerback Travis Coleman was impressive after being signed as an undrafted free agent from Hampton following a three-day tryout during minicamp. The team expressed interest in signing him to the five-man practice squad, which can be established after 3 p.m. Monday, but he might not clear waivers. The Miami Dolphins are in the market for a cornerback and a linebacker, making Tim Johnson another attractive candidate after his seven-tackle performance Thursday at Pro Player Stadium.

"I feel like I outperformed people who are at my position and people who weren't,'' Coleman said. "Out of the whole rookie class, I outperformed a number of those guys. Other teams are going to see the tape of what I've done.

"They took a person they already know over my talent and ability. Talent and ability speaks for itself. The way I saw it, why spend $400,000 on a guy when you can get the new guy who has a tremendous upside for half the price? Once I got my foot in the door, I had to make plays, and that's all I've done. I guess that doesn't count.''

.....The dolphins should pick him up and try and find a different trade for ogden. What do you think?

Originally posted by Capt. Dick
I think that we need a vet. This kid sounds like a whiner anyway.

well its one thing to whine when you havetn done anything. its another to market yourself according to what you think you can do. the kid is simply looking for a job. im sure anyone can appreciate that. besides, im sure wannspiel have there eye on the Bears for some potential pickups.

I don't know if we should count on an undrafted rookie FA, but if he's better than what we have I'd take a chance on him if he clears waivers...don't use a claim on him or we go to the end of the line for the first week.

Back
Top Bottom