Travis Daniels....Sleeper! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Travis Daniels....Sleeper!

i would bet most of the picks saban has brought in can be considered sleepers - these are the players that reflect his style and scheme... especially if the players he is comparing them to are equally talent wise - plus there would be a money savings involved as well

Daniels use to play safety before moving over to cb. Don't be surprised if he is our new safety.

Poole and Daniels imho aren't even close. Poole was projected more as a late 1st rounder which we got as a real 'steal' in the 4th. Daniels....may be a "sleeper" to Kipper in the sense of like he says 'may be a contributor in the NFL' .....that's great. I'm not knocking the guy but I don't have the highest hopes for him either.

if anyone is getting cut its howard due to not being willing to take less pay................

So why did Kiper give us a B- then?

I cant figure this out. He said Roth was one of the draft day steals, he loves ronnie brown. Now he is saying he likes Daniels. He doesnt deny Crowders skill so I just cant see what he didnt like about our draft.

The reason (if I was to "grade" our draft) that I would give us a B+ would be we could have traded w/Cleavland and received another pick or two in the lower rounds and still got Brown as they specifically wanted to trade up to take Edwards. Other then that I'd say (initial impression) that this year's draft was one of the best (as far as talent) in years.

Who knows why Kipper gave us a B-. If we would have had our original 2nd (feely), 3rd (instead of lower for Gordon) and 6th (Boston) picks....or traded down and picked up a pair or 1st he would have graded us out at an A. That said, we did pretty good considering what we had to work with.

I think we did pretty damn good. Crowder was a great pick in the 3rd round.

What I like about Daniels is that when I watched him in college, you just never really heard his name called that often. He got beat every once in a blue moon but I think theres some real upside in this kid. Im glad we got him cause Saban already knows what he'll need to work on to become an even better player.

jbond said:
The reason (if I was to "grade" our draft) that I would give us a B+ would be we could have traded w/Cleavland and received another pick or two in the lower rounds and still got Brown as they specifically wanted to trade up to take Edwards. Other then that I'd say (initial impression) that this year's draft was one of the best (as far as talent) in years.

Who knows why Kipper gave us a B-. If we would have had our original 2nd (feely), 3rd (instead of lower for Gordon) and 6th (Boston) picks....or traded down and picked up a pair or 1st he would have graded us out at an A. That said, we did pretty good considering what we had to work with.
I know it may be coach speak, but Saban said he didn't recieve any trade offers and I believe it. There may have been some talks, but I doubt anyone would have moved up if they had to give anything up.

jbond said:
Poole and Daniels imho aren't even close. Poole was projected more as a late 1st rounder which we got as a real 'steal' in the 4th. Daniels....may be a "sleeper" to Kipper in the sense of like he says 'may be a contributor in the NFL' .....that's great. I'm not knocking the guy but I don't have the highest hopes for him either.
Than again Poole had issues also. Off the field, 4.6+ at the combine, Clutched and held a lot in college and a lot of folks thought that would be a big issue with the new rules. Im not saying Daniels will be an all pro but hey sometimes guys do get overlooked. I do expect Daniels to be a good solid player down the road though; at the very least a competant nickel Cb.

I think Daniels shall be slotted for the FS spot this year. I see Howard as a potential cut this year or definitely next year. Howard looks like a JAMAR Fletcher type CB.

Daniels was a nice pick... wasn't very suprising either, although I doubt we would have drafted him had we gotten Webster in the 2nd.

He was rated on otcdraft.com as the 77th player in the draft and was very good value baring in mind the fact that a lot of CBs had already been picked.

We got Travis with what? The 104th pick in the draft? The Raiders picked Stanford Routt with the 38th pick... I know who I'd rather have.

Plus Travis Daniels is a huge miami dolphins fan...ever since he was a little kid...first jersey was a fin jersey, dont know who it was...so theres plenty of value with this kid...excellent ball skills and deceptive speed and quickness...He'll make a push for the nickle job believe me this kid wont let his team down...He's a winner and wants us the dolphins, his team, to win.

I heard that he probably will move to saftey any truth to it?

clear.gif

MelbournePhin said:
it would be sweet if we could turn a 4th round pick into a strating CB down the line

Poole and Daniels...............Madison and Surtain? :cool:

Back
Top Bottom