Travis Daniels....Sleeper! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Travis Daniels....Sleeper!

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Reaction score
This is what Kiper has to say about our 4th round pick, you gotta love it.

The sleepers
A few guys who despite being unheralded talents could eventually become contributors in the NFL:
Travis Daniels, CB, Miami, 4th round – New Dolphins coach Nick Saban coached Daniels at LSU and knows Daniels has ball skills. He was helped by a 4.45 in the 40 at his last individual workout and would not have lasted much longer if the Dolphins had passed.

Its a great pick and I think he'll be competing this year for a chance to be the nickel corner...but one of the main reasons saban took him is cause he really wanted to get webster in round 2 but new york took him a couple spots higher so saban settled with the beats matt roth in the second and waited til the start of day 2 and took daniels!

I think that Edwards will be cut and Daniels will be our dime CB. I also think that he could be a great ST player for us.

Yeah, Webster would have been nice to get there, but I'm more tha happy with Roth who can be a solid pro IMO.

Daniels looks like a FS to me, but likes CB much better.

I saw the videos of Daniels- he looks like a good player.

I suggest checking them out if you havent- the link is in that thread with the hilight movies of our draft picks.

I like sleepers. :D I'm really happy with drafting Travis Daniels in the 4th. I think we should play him CB, and I think he's going to be a good young stud who's going to be good for us in the near future. I created him and used him in Madden, and he was pretty good on special teams. I was playing my friend in Madden, Reggie Howard got injured for the game. He was the Vikings, I picked I think it was Brad Johnson (Culpepper got injured) off with Daniels (made him dimeback) on a Dime defense and I said, "HEY ROOKIE, Welcome to the NFL." To make it short, I'm very excited about us drafting Travis Daniels. ;)
And to top it off, great to know that he's one of the Saban's guys that he coached at LSU.

I have a feeling all of our picks will make the final cuts.

he had a good jr. year and regressed last year. his draft stock falling could be a belssing in disguise

Well for a rookie Daniels has three things goin for him that alot of other rookies dont have...

1) He lives 15 minutes from the training facility so he knows the area and wont have much adjustment there

2) He is with his college coach and knows what is expected of him, and what he can expect from his coach.

3) He is coming into the same system he played in at LSU.

I dont expect him to be great off the hop or anything but damn thats a pretty good head start on things for a 4th round rook.

MelbournePhin said:
it would be sweet if we could turn a 4th round pick into a strating CB down the line
In two to three years I think there is a good chance we will have two 4th round CB's starting for us. Poole was a 4th rounder also don't forger.

I was not too fond of the Daniels pick because right now I didn't really think we needed another CB with 3 CB's who have started for good teams and a 4th who seems very capable. Plus I would have liked to see a QB, but Saban knows this kids strengths and limitations better than anyone and wouldn't have taken the guy if he didn't know he would be a good player. I don't know how long Howard and Edwards will be around and we all know Madison is getting older, so looking at the pick in hindsight it may have been a very good one.

Dolfan1000 said:
I saw the videos of Daniels- he looks like a good player.

I suggest checking them out if you havent- the link is in that thread with the hilight movies of our draft picks.

which thread specifically(name?). I saw the highlights from Yahoo and he was a good CB but didnt "wow" me.

BlueFin said:
This is what Kiper has to say about our 4th round pick, you gotta love it.

The sleepers
A few guys who despite being unheralded talents could eventually become contributors in the NFL:
Travis Daniels, CB, Miami, 4th round – New Dolphins coach Nick Saban coached Daniels at LSU and knows Daniels has ball skills. He was helped by a 4.45 in the 40 at his last individual workout and would not have lasted much longer if the Dolphins had passed.

Those are great news! I hope he turns out to be solid. I honestly don't see it happening but I really hope I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom