Travis Etienne | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Travis Etienne

We probably need to trade back from 18 stay in the late first to nab this guy but figure we will go defense at 18 instead.

Kamara spent much more time actually lined up at slot WR and WR than Etienne. Felton and Gainwell would be the guys that did that this year. But ETN is much faster than all 3 of them. I'd like him at 36. Wouldn't cry if we took him at 18, but prefer edge.

Said he didn’t want to leave Florida about a month ago.

Might as well keep him in Miami.

Since 2010 there has only been 17 RBs drafted in the 1st and only 5 of them have been considered “elite” at some point in their career (Gurley, Elliott, McCaffrey, Barkley, Jacobs). The reality is the household name RBs currently in the NFL are almost all non-first round picks. Kamara was the 67th pick (3rd round) in 2017 to put things in perspective. I like Harris, Etienne and Williams, but there is no chance I’d take them in the 1st unless we trade back from 18 into the late 20s. There are going to be numerous quality RBs available day 2 (possibly 1 or 2 of the players I just mentioned).

Since 2010 there has only been 17 RBs drafted in the 1st and only 5 of them have been considered “elite” at some point in their career (Gurley, Elliott, McCaffrey, Barkley, Jacobs). The reality is the household name RBs currently in the NFL are almost all non-first round picks. Kamara was the 67th pick (3rd round) in 2017 to put things in perspective. I like Harris, Etienne and Williams, but there is no chance I’d take them in the 1st unless we trade back from 18 into the late 20s. There are going to be numerous quality RBs available day 2 (possibly 1 or 2 of the players I just mentioned).

A 30 percent “elite” rate for any position in the first round is a pretty good bet to make, especially when a lot of first round backs go at the bottom of the round.

I'm in.

Probably my favorite RB in this class.

Don't think he makes it to #36, but stranger things have happened.
What do you think about javonte williams? Obviously harris and etienne would be great, but probably won't be in early 2nd. Javonte isn't fast like etienne, but some think he could be like Aaron jones of packers and he's pretty shifty, quick and tough to take down. Could be that 3rd feature back for miami and has gotten better with receiving too.

Generally, in some sort of order, considered the Top 4 runningbacks in this class.

I'll take any of 'em, please! :cool: :KIP: :cool: :UP: :pbj: :hclap: :TUA:

Yes. Although I like the first 3 better, Carter in the 3rd leaves us the higher rounds to fortify other positions. He's very well rounded, can run inside, outside, catch and block. Just not real big or fast.

I was shocked Etienne weight 215 a his pro day. I remember when he was 195 pound back and being pleased when he beefed up to 205 a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom