Travis Etienne | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Travis Etienne

Generally, in some sort of order, considered the Top 4 runningbacks in this class.

I'll take any of 'em, please! :cool: :KIP: :cool: :UP: :pbj: :hclap: :TUA:

Two more runningbacks to watch are:

1. Kenneth Gainwell

and...

2. Trey Sermon

Both might be available in rounds 3-4 or maybe you take them earlier, if there's an early run on elite runningbacks.

It would be nice if he could keep his speed and maintain that 215 weight. 5'11 215 isn't exactly a little back anymore. That would put him at about the same height and weight as Kareem Hunt.
He weighed in at 215lbs and still ran about 4.44..plenty fast enough. He probably could be closer to around 4.4 or under @ 205lbs...but 4.44 Is nothing to sneeze at, either!

Two more runningbacks to watch are:

1. Kenneth Gainwell

and...

2. Trey Sermon

Both might be available in rounds 3-4 or maybe you take them earlier, if there's an early run on elite runningbacks.

Very impressive stuff there particularly Sermon.

At about 3:30, Fields sprinting downfield to throw a block might have been the most jaw dropping!

tough one for me to judge, he looks like he gaining weight pretty rapidly weighing in at 215 lbs, but still ran a 4.4 flat..I had 2nd round, but I think I need to go back and look at some things..Najees Lack of speed concerns me greatly. 4 year career at alabama and your two biggest runs are 26 and 42 yards?? yes I have more to look at.

we need to get one of these three, not sure which at this point.

A 30 percent “elite” rate for any position in the first round is a pretty good bet to make, especially when a lot of first round backs go at the bottom of the round.
The issue was how long each of them stayed elite. Injuries have derailed Gurley and Barkley’s careers. Zeke has slowly worn down from all the carries he gets. McCaffrey played in 3 games in 2020. Jacobs has been solid, but probably not “elite” in his 2 years. The reality is most RBs only play a handful of years at an elite level, if they ever get there. There will be starting NFL RBs available day 2.

My red flag would be his pass protection (one of Flores' pet peeves). While he doesn't power thru tackles he sure does slip through and/or make them miss. I wouldn't be unhappy at 36.

My red flag would be his pass protection (one of Flores' pet peeves). While he doesn't power thru tackles he sure does slip through and/or make them miss. I wouldn't be unhappy at 36.
I thought I read in one of many articles I've read that Najee Harris isn't such a great pass protector either...he has 12 missed blocks in the last 3 years or whatever it is..MOST in this RB class..I think I read that????

We needed one more pick in that San Fran trade down....I can get behind Najee at 18 or a slight trade down for even better.

I would like to see Parsons at 18...but it seems unlikely.
I agree but when you start doing the math of who’s certain to go top 10-12 it becomes apparent someone projected as a top 15 pick is likely to fall. I mean, nine of those picks could be QBs and receivers alone.

I would not be surprised if Miami traded back 3 or 4 spots from 18 to draft a RB. No way Etienne or Harris is there at 36.

I thought I read in one of many articles I've read that Najee Harris isn't such a great pass protector either...he has 12 missed blocks in the last 3 years or whatever it is..MOST in this RB class..I think I read that????
At his size and compete level, he’ll learn. I had not noticed this watching him to be honest. He’s a legit three down back.

Back
Top Bottom