Travis Wingfield podcast | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Travis Wingfield podcast

The thing you guys need to remember about Wingfield is that he's employed by the team, and is basically an extension of the team's PR. He's paid to create POSITIVE content for the Dolphins. So, he still gets to be a fan but you need to take anything coming directly from the team with a grain (or several grains) of salt.

The folks over at the Miami Herald, Sun Sentinel, and Palm Beach Post are not paid by the team. They're independent. So I would trust them a hell of a lot more to tell you what's actually going on (sans Omar, because he's a turd).

travis has always been more on the positive side of things even before he was employed by the fins. Maybe that was their allure for them. He doesnt seem like he's ever going to be a told you so type person. The Herald....yeah in a post about Weaver Armando really quoted a fan blog talkin about "one fan forum quoted Weaver as the steal of the draft" i knew they were wrong.

The Sun...Omar "me and the media get coaches fired, and the QB;s out of here"

I dont know if i've ever heard travis tooting his own horn. He might be a little bit more optimistic and aqua colored glasses than others, but thats not job related. He's just not a not it all douchebag like the rest of our media

The thing you guys need to remember about Wingfield is that he's employed by the team, and is basically an extension of the team's PR. He's paid to create POSITIVE content for the Dolphins. So, he still gets to be a fan but you need to take anything coming directly from the team with a grain (or several grains) of salt.

The folks over at the Miami Herald, Sun Sentinel, and Palm Beach Post are not paid by the team. They're independent. So I would trust them a hell of a lot more to tell you what's actually going on (sans Omar, because he's a turd).
I was going to say something, then I read the last line and that cleared up what I was going to say about good and bad writers lol. But yeah agree with this basically, there is still some truth to things Travis says, he’s just going to hype them up more now.

Miami Dolphins podcast, owned by the Miami Dolphins, hosted by Miami Dolphins staff, broadcast on www.miamidolphins.com praises the Miami Dolphins! :p

(The Fish Tank is a great show though)

All very fair points, but the bit bold seems to be weird typo, what media organisation were you thinking of?

I understand the dynamics of being employed by the team, and the notion of putting out positive content. But his reports are thorough and detailed and enjoyable to read.

Travis definitely spins the positive, but he’s always done that though not in a blind fanaticism way. He would always back it with sound film breakdown and study. He was just an optimist in hopes Miami would succeed like we all can be. Like said above he has yet to develop an ego or make the work about him like Salguero and Omar. He’s untainted. And since he literally came up on his own as a pure fan and nothing more I imagine he’ll stay that way for his entire career.

Travis definitely spins the positive, but he’s always done that though not in a blind fanaticism way. He would always back it with sound film breakdown and study. He was just an optimist in hopes Miami would succeed like we all can be. Like said above he has yet to develop an ego or make the work about him like Salguero and Omar. He’s untainted. And since he literally came up on his own as a pure fan and nothing more I imagine he’ll stay that way for his entire career.
Great post. I agree.

Day 9 practice - Spotify

Day 11- Monday

Back
Top Bottom