Tremendous First Day for Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tremendous First Day for Miami

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
After dwelling on it overnight, I am still as happy now as I was when I went to bed. I see three very good football players - all three had R1 value. The Brown pick was solid - best back in the draft and fits the scheme perfectly. All these people complaining about not trading down or not taking Edwards, well, that's their lookout, suffice to say that if the guy - Brown - is your #1 player, then you take him. And as for not trading, you can't trade if no-one wants to play ball.

Roth is a brilliant pick. He'll play some end, some DT and some OLB. He is Miami's Mike Vrabel, a poor man's David Pollack. He has the intensity, the hands, the relentless, the speed and the desire to be a very good player in this system.

Crowder is a top 15 talent who fell yo us because of the knees. But not only did the former Miami doctor, now the Gator Dr give him the all clear, he also got the all cleear from one of the premier knee surgeons in the world who sent a letter to all 32 teams saying he was fine.

The letter:
"The patient has had three anterior cruciate ligament reconstructions on the right knee, and a right partial medial meniscectomy. He has had one anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction on his left knee. The current grafts in place are both autografts to bone, patellar tendon bone, and with these grafts, he has had three years without any problems. He currently participates in all sorts of activities without any swelling present in either knee, or any instability episodes. He played last season with no bracing on either knee and without any problems. Both knees are stable at this time with no evidence of any degenerative changes.

“There is no reason why this young man cannot continue to play football, even at the highest level with the current status of his knees. He has played collegiate football at a competitive university for two years without any problems in his knees. He has excellent strength of both legs. I feel confident that the patient is not at any increased risk of having additional ACL tears. He is released at this time for all football activities."

If he can stay healthy, he'll be a Pro Bowler at worst and both he and Roth will be ST demons. Really solid first day for us, especially when you look at the AFC East and see that Pats reach at 1 for Mankins, the Jets take a kicker, etc.

There seems to be a lot of people complaining why we took an end and a LB.....clearly you haven't seen the age on our squad.

I'm looking at Fred Gibson, maybe Elton Brown, Antajj Hawthorne, David Green, maybe Shazor, Sean Considine at the start of 4, but don't rule out a trade for picks as teams have a night to re-stack their boards.

Overall, no matter what the Florida papers, with their anti Saban mentality, because he's shutting them out, say. This has been a great day 1. 45 minutes till day 2 and hopefully we can add some talent.

You know, the orthopod that Miami is using as a consultant, Dr. Indelicato, is the doctor that performed Dan's Achilles surgery back in 1993. I know this because Rusty Linton, the team physician at Mississippi State, was doing his sports medicine fellowship with Dr. Indelicato back then. Dr. Linton was in the O.R. when Marino had his surgery.

Boomer said:
I'm looking at Fred Gibson, maybe Elton Brown, Antajj Hawthorne, David Green, maybe Shazor, Sean Considine at the start of 4, but don't rule out a trade for picks as teams have a night to re-stack their boards.

Overall, no matter what the Florida papers, with their anti Saban mentality, because he's shutting them out, say. This has been a great day 1. 45 minutes till day 2 and hopefully we can add some talent.
I agree, my neighbour asked if I was happy with our draft as he was cursing the Vikes for passing over MBIII in the 3rd and I was then and am now. However I hope we don't take Greene today as the Seahawks might not be appreciatiive if we do :D.

Cheers

Paul

Boomer said:
After dwelling on it overnight, I am still as happy now as I was when I went to bed. I see three very good football players - all three had R1 value. The Brown pick was solid - best back in the draft and fits the scheme perfectly. All these people complaining about not trading down or not taking Edwards, well, that's their lookout, suffice to say that if the guy - Brown - is your #1 player, then you take him. And as for not trading, you can't trade if no-one wants to play ball.

Roth is a brilliant pick. He'll play some end, some DT and some OLB. He is Miami's Mike Vrabel, a poor man's David Pollack. He has the intensity, the hands, the relentless, the speed and the desire to be a very good player in this system.

Crowder is a top 15 talent who fell yo us because of the knees. But not only did the former Miami doctor, now the Gator Dr give him the all clear, he also got the all cleear from one of the premier knee surgeons in the world who sent a letter to all 32 teams saying he was fine.

The letter:
"The patient has had three anterior cruciate ligament reconstructions on the right knee, and a right partial medial meniscectomy. He has had one anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction on his left knee. The current grafts in place are both autografts to bone, patellar tendon bone, and with these grafts, he has had three years without any problems. He currently participates in all sorts of activities without any swelling present in either knee, or any instability episodes. He played last season with no bracing on either knee and without any problems. Both knees are stable at this time with no evidence of any degenerative changes.

“There is no reason why this young man cannot continue to play football, even at the highest level with the current status of his knees. He has played collegiate football at a competitive university for two years without any problems in his knees. He has excellent strength of both legs. I feel confident that the patient is not at any increased risk of having additional ACL tears. He is released at this time for all football activities."

If he can stay healthy, he'll be a Pro Bowler at worst and both he and Roth will be ST demons. Really solid first day for us, especially when you look at the AFC East and see that Pats reach at 1 for Mankins, the Jets take a kicker, etc.

There seems to be a lot of people complaining why we took an end and a LB.....clearly you haven't seen the age on our squad.

Seattle has already selected David Greene.

Agree with you totally Simon. After years of mediocre drafts its nice to have a great feeling after day one. I cant wait to see what Saban does on day 2.

I agree. Though I wanted Rodgers or Edwards at #2, I won't complain with taking the best RB in the draft and player who'll have more immediate impact than any other rookie. Roth and Crowder were great BPA picks and I'm excited about both.

The only thing I will get upset about is if Saban takes a bum like Orton today, but from what we've seen so far I don't think that will happen.

Boomer said:

The letter:

Nice post and i could not agree more...Brown is the best Back in the draft even tho he did not start. Roth is a great addition to the D and if Crowder stays healthy he will do a great job.

Clumpy said:
I notice that you said nothing about the Bills :D
How many picks did the bills get?

Man........ I'm so freakin excited about these 2 picks I can't figure out what to do with myself. Kiper een said Roth was just as good as Pollack, and Crowder would have been an early to mid 1st rounder if not for the injuries which now seem to be non-existent. Only question I have is....... Crowder is listed as a ILB, do you think he will/can be play OLB for us while Zach Thomas is still here

Some young studs on Defense will be an odd sight for Phin fans. The last young stud we drafted and played up to his billing was Surtain.

this draft was incredible and we are only halfway...

Crowder in the 3rd round... i almost fell out of my chair.. i thought he was already picked up long time ago.. there is nothing wrong with his knees he is a player...

Boomer I think we take Travis Daniels or Nick Collins at CB. Fill the Surtain void a lil' Bit. What do you think? Is Safety a bigger need?

IF saban keeps up his picks and has even an 8-8 year he will be worshiped by Dolphins Fans and I will be happy considering I have had to defend the Dolphins all offseason because of Wanny and Ricky screwing everything up

BirHead22 said:
Boomer I think we take Travis Daniels or Nick Collins at CB. Fill the Surtain void a lil' Bit. What do you think? Is Safety a bigger need?

I still think O-line is a bigger need, and if we got Elton Brown I would start Worshiping the Almighty Saban at that very time!!! Brown was also a 1st round talent, we could end up with 3 guys picked after the 1st round that have 1st round talent, and ability

Back
Top Bottom