Trent Dilfer On Josh Rosen!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BlueFin, Apr 30, 2019.

1. rev kev

rev kev THE DEFLATOR

Zinger there

2. rev kev

rev kev THE DEFLATOR

I get such a laugh out of people who think we are tied to this new Qb - we aren’t - he is a lotto ticket - let’s see what happens

Let’s support him, we haven’t fixed our Oline so let’s all be realistic - and let’s hope he can step up in the pocket and read a defence.

I won’t be surprised to see a new QB under C next season - (the following season) time will tell

Most important to me I don’t want to see him or Fatz concussed - I would be lying if I said I wasn’t worried

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    Ray R, lurking and laxcoach like this.
  3. laxcoach

laxcoach Pirate Lacrosse King

It’s pretty simple to me: any QB we sign or draft, I am going to root HARD for them to succeed.

Why wouldn’t you? Consider: at least 3 QBs get selected in the first each year, and there are maybe 7-10 (?) of them that are franchise guys - the hit rate is really low. So whether it Tua, Hebert, Lawrence, whoever, we are more likely to miss than hit, even at #1.

So root hard for Rosen to succeed. And if he doesn’t, root for the next guy.

But for G*ds sake don’t hate our QB before he takes the field. Let him fail (or not) and then let’s move on (or not).

Ray R, KBEE, Travis34 and 5 others like this.
  4. FINOMINAL

FINOMINAL Scout Team

Rosen was pretty much the most NFL ready quarterback that came out last year. I think Arizona is insane to go all in with a franchise around Kyler Murray. Time will tell. Miami has such a luxury right now we couldn’t hardly imagine a few days ago. Saved a year of mediocrity. Every game has meaning this year, and that was not going to be the case.

Ray R, Ruckus45, darefugee and 2 others like this.
  5. 13marino13

13marino13 I DON'T ROLL ON SHABBOS! Finheaven VIP Donator

Even a blind squirel finds a nut now and then...

Ray R likes this.
  6. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

I don’t see any similarities... Rosen has been playing QB for years coming into the pro’s....Mike Mayock said he has the best arm he’s seen come into the league in years... he has great mechanics and he gets the ball out quick! He’s outgoing and extremely intelligent!

What in the above description sounds like Ryan Tannehill? I’ll never forget Tannehill not even knowing what teams are in what divisions on hard knocks...lol

Ray R and mwestberry like this.
  7. BlueFin

Absolutely... we got an outstanding prospect cheap because Arizona was even more dysfunctional than we were....They hired a college coach in Kingsbury whose lost more games in his career than he won?

I think Rosen is going to get the last laugh! He has an awesome arm!

Ray R, mwestberry and Vaark like this.
  8. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I'm rooting for Rosen but are you sure Mayock ever said that Rosen had the best arm he's seen coming out of college?
    You either misread that or he's pulling your leg. Josh Allen has twice the arm that Rosen has. Tannehill has a much better arm too. Not saying Rosen has a weak arm but that's not really what he does best. He does have the pocket awareness and the feet tho.

9. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer None of my business. Finheaven VIP Donator

You must have me confused with someone else. I'm commenting on Trent Dilfer's track record of analysis concerning Dolphins quarterbacks. If he had said that about Chad Henne, I'd have posted it.

If that comment wasn't directed at me, then I'm not sure why you replied to my post. If it was directed at me, your read on my posting intent is pretty terrible.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    Ray R likes this.
  10. Dolphins81

Dolphins81 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Agreed! This is a great fit for Rosen. O’Shea is going to have our offense looking similar to the Pats.

11. BlueFin

I see this working very well running the Patriot offense...he is an amazing passer and very smart... give him a strong ground game with play action and I think we’ll all be happy!

Danny likes this.
  12. Hoot

Hoot Keeper of the Old Code Finheaven VIP

I've enjoyed watching Trent Dilfer work with the up and coming QBs on Elite 11 these past few years. His take on Rosen's fit with Miami is encouraging to hear. Loved hearing him give Fitz so much props as well. According to him only 150 or so guys out there who really know the QB position in the NFL, and he believes not only is Fitz one of them, but he's also the type of guy that will share all of that with Rosen. Harvard QB mentor with a fun sense of humor, some form of the Patriot O that might suit Rosen nicely, there are some pieces in place for Josh to have some success here. If they really want to see what he can do, FO is gonna have to snag a decent OL or two once it won't affect our comp picks next year. An improved line helps us win more games and lowers our draft stock, I know I know, but if we really want to see what we have with Rosen, we have to give him some time in that pocket.

Vaark likes this.
  13. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs ಠ_ಠ Finheaven VIP Donator

Trent Dilfer was also super high on Tannehill.

14. BlueFin

He’s not talking about just arm strength... he’s talking about the whole package...accuracy, Spiral, how the ball leaves your hand etc etc etc....yes Mayock said that!

Ray R likes this.
  15. Hoot

Hoot Keeper of the Old Code Finheaven VIP

I hadn't seen that. You got a link?