Trent Dilfer On Josh Rosen! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trent Dilfer On Josh Rosen!

Tua's very first meaningful game was being thrown into the National Championship down 13 to an elite defense in Georgia, and leading them back to victory. Bashing Tua isn't how you should go about trying to defend Rosen. He's a stud prospect. He'd have been #1 overall this year and he'll be #1 when he comes out as will Trevor Lawrence.

There are some similarities from Rosen to Tannehill, whatever. It's not the end of the world. You're right though, Rosen is a much better prospect.

I was eyeing the 2020 QB class and got dealt Rosen for a 2nd round pick. Ok, I can live with it. I don't love the trade but I'm ok with taking a shot at a top prospect albeit a year old and beat up from a year of **** play with AZ. Let's play ball and hope that we found the Rosen one.
I get such a laugh out of people who think we are tied to this new Qb - we aren’t - he is a lotto ticket - let’s see what happens

Let’s support him, we haven’t fixed our Oline so let’s all be realistic - and let’s hope he can step up in the pocket and read a defence.

I won’t be surprised to see a new QB under C next season - (the following season) time will tell

Most important to me I don’t want to see him or Fatz concussed - I would be lying if I said I wasn’t worried

Last edited:
It’s pretty simple to me: any QB we sign or draft, I am going to root HARD for them to succeed.

Why wouldn’t you? Consider: at least 3 QBs get selected in the first each year, and there are maybe 7-10 (?) of them that are franchise guys - the hit rate is really low. So whether it Tua, Hebert, Lawrence, whoever, we are more likely to miss than hit, even at #1.

So root hard for Rosen to succeed. And if he doesn’t, root for the next guy.

But for G*ds sake don’t hate our QB before he takes the field. Let him fail (or not) and then let’s move on (or not).

Rosen was pretty much the most NFL ready quarterback that came out last year. I think Arizona is insane to go all in with a franchise around Kyler Murray. Time will tell. Miami has such a luxury right now we couldn’t hardly imagine a few days ago. Saved a year of mediocrity. Every game has meaning this year, and that was not going to be the case.

Tua's very first meaningful game was being thrown into the National Championship down 13 to an elite defense in Georgia, and leading them back to victory. Bashing Tua isn't how you should go about trying to defend Rosen. He's a stud prospect. He'd have been #1 overall this year and he'll be #1 when he comes out as will Trevor Lawrence.

There are some similarities from Rosen to Tannehill, whatever. It's not the end of the world. You're right though, Rosen is a much better prospect.

I was eyeing the 2020 QB class and got dealt Rosen for a 2nd round pick. Ok, I can live with it. I don't love the trade but I'm ok with taking a shot at a top prospect albeit a year old and beat up from a year of **** play with AZ. Let's play ball and hope that we found the Rosen one.

I don’t see any similarities... Rosen has been playing QB for years coming into the pro’s....Mike Mayock said he has the best arm he’s seen come into the league in years... he has great mechanics and he gets the ball out quick! He’s outgoing and extremely intelligent!

What in the above description sounds like Ryan Tannehill? I’ll never forget Tannehill not even knowing what teams are in what divisions on hard knocks...lol

Rosen was pretty much the most NFL ready quarterback that came out last year. I think Arizona is insane to go all in with a franchise around Kyler Murray. Time will tell. Miami has such a luxury right now we couldn’t hardly imagine a few days ago. Saved a year of mediocrity. Every game has meaning this year, and that was not going to be the case.

Absolutely... we got an outstanding prospect cheap because Arizona was even more dysfunctional than we were....They hired a college coach in Kingsbury whose lost more games in his career than he won?

I think Rosen is going to get the last laugh! He has an awesome arm!

Absolutely... we got an outstanding prospect cheap because Arizona was even more dysfunctional than we were....They hired a college coach in Kingsbury whose lost more games in his career than he won?

I think Rosen is going to get the last laugh! He has an awesome arm!
I'm rooting for Rosen but are you sure Mayock ever said that Rosen had the best arm he's seen coming out of college?
You either misread that or he's pulling your leg. Josh Allen has twice the arm that Rosen has. Tannehill has a much better arm too. Not saying Rosen has a weak arm but that's not really what he does best. He does have the pocket awareness and the feet tho.

I don’t get the constant attempts by some to suggest every QB not named Tua is Ryan Tannehill
2.0?

You must have me confused with someone else. I'm commenting on Trent Dilfer's track record of analysis concerning Dolphins quarterbacks. If he had said that about Chad Henne, I'd have posted it.

If that comment wasn't directed at me, then I'm not sure why you replied to my post. If it was directed at me, your read on my posting intent is pretty terrible.

Last edited:
TBH I really couldn't care less what anyone in the media says. Rosen is our QB at this time so I'm rooting for him but it doesn't matter what anyone in the media says and it doesn't matter what any of the "gurus" on this board say either. The only thing that matters will be what he does out on the field. Like I've said before, I'm fine with the trade but no married to Rosen. I just hope we can see one way or the other what we really have with Rosen without having to wait 7 years.

I see this working very well running the Patriot offense...he is an amazing passer and very smart... give him a strong ground game with play action and I think we’ll all be happy!

I've enjoyed watching Trent Dilfer work with the up and coming QBs on Elite 11 these past few years. His take on Rosen's fit with Miami is encouraging to hear. Loved hearing him give Fitz so much props as well. According to him only 150 or so guys out there who really know the QB position in the NFL, and he believes not only is Fitz one of them, but he's also the type of guy that will share all of that with Rosen. Harvard QB mentor with a fun sense of humor, some form of the Patriot O that might suit Rosen nicely, there are some pieces in place for Josh to have some success here. If they really want to see what he can do, FO is gonna have to snag a decent OL or two once it won't affect our comp picks next year. An improved line helps us win more games and lowers our draft stock, I know I know, but if we really want to see what we have with Rosen, we have to give him some time in that pocket.

I'm rooting for Rosen but are you sure Mayock ever said that Rosen had the best arm he's seen coming out of college?
You either misread that or he's pulling your leg. Josh Allen has twice the arm that Rosen has. Tannehill has a much better arm too. Not saying Rosen has a weak arm but that's not really what he does best. He does have the pocket awareness and the feet tho.
He’s not talking about just arm strength... he’s talking about the whole package...accuracy, Spiral, how the ball leaves your hand etc etc etc....yes Mayock said that!

Back
Top Bottom