Trent Dilfer On Josh Rosen! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trent Dilfer On Josh Rosen!

I'm rooting for Rosen but are you sure Mayock ever said that Rosen had the best arm he's seen coming out of college?
You either misread that or he's pulling your leg. Josh Allen has twice the arm that Rosen has. Tannehill has a much better arm too. Not saying Rosen has a weak arm but that's not really what he does best. He does have the pocket awareness and the feet tho.

Ok..it’s on NFL.com total access videos... Mayock interviewing Josh Rosen after his pro day... he tells him...”to me, you are the most natural thrower of the football I’ve seen in years”. I couldn’t Get the link but you’ll find it there!

Found a link that refers to it!

Rosen was pretty much the most NFL ready quarterback that came out last year. I think Arizona is insane to go all in with a franchise around Kyler Murray. Time will tell. Miami has such a luxury right now we couldn’t hardly imagine a few days ago. Saved a year of mediocrity. Every game has meaning this year, and that was not going to be the case.
I think the made the right move on Murray..Once in a decade type player..

Josh is in prove it land, no more coddling, I wish him the best, he’s an engaging young man with arm talent.

I hope he’s right. I feel like Dilfer talks everyone up though. That’s kind of his role as a pundit

Dilfer is more of a positive guy than a negative guy, which is fine. He's certainly not as obnoxious as Gruden was. He also doesn't spew incredibly stupid hot takes for clicks, so I give him that.

I'm rooting for Rosen but are you sure Mayock ever said that Rosen had the best arm he's seen coming out of college?
You either misread that or he's pulling your leg. Josh Allen has twice the arm that Rosen has. Tannehill has a much better arm too. Not saying Rosen has a weak arm but that's not really what he does best. He does have the pocket awareness and the feet tho.

“Arm Talent” =/= a 75 yard range with absolutely no accuracy. Josh Allen has very impressive arm strength, yes but probably the least talent of the ‘18 1st round rookie QBs.

EDIT: maybe Lamar has less arm talent, time will tell on that I suppose.

“Arm Talent” =/= a 75 yard range with absolutely no accuracy. Josh Allen has very impressive arm strength, yes but probably the least talent of the ‘18 1st round rookie QBs.

EDIT: maybe Lamar has less arm talent, time will tell on that I suppose.
Oh I agree that having a strong arm only means having a strong arm. All I said was no way Rosen has a better arm than Allen or even Tannehill. Being accurate is a complete different thing. Allen was under 60% in college for his career. Rosen ended his career right at 60% which is not very good either. I'm rooting for the guy and like the trade we made but I'm not gonna go crazy about this yet. Time will tell.

Oh I agree that having a strong arm only means having a strong arm. All I said was no way Rosen has a better arm than Allen or even Tannehill. Being accurate is a complete different thing. Allen was under 60% in college for his career. Rosen ended his career right at 60% which is not very good either. I'm rooting for the guy and like the trade we made but I'm not gonna go crazy about this yet. Time will tell.
Not a big Rosen fan, but I do think you are underrating Rosens arm a bit. Its not better or on par with Allens, but dudes got a nuke.

Ok..it’s on NFL.com total access videos... Mayock interviewing Josh Rosen after his pro day... he tells him...”to me, you are the most natural thrower of the football I’ve seen in years”. I couldn’t Get the link but you’ll find it there!

Found a link that refers to it!

Josh reminds me of an Eli Manning, Peyton Manning and Aaron Rogers combined into one.

RE % I think Rosen attacked down field more as opposed to dink and dunk inflated stats.
Lots of evidence he can hit dudes in stride, hit back shoulder, and just get the pig in the right spot.

RE arm strength -- there are plenty of vids showing him going 60-70 yards in the air @21 years old.
That said I agree he doesn't have a titanic cannon but I think he's got some upside in that area with
added strength. But it's not like his arm is deficient as is IMO.

I don’t get the constant attempts by some to suggest every QB not named Tua is Ryan Tannehill
2.0?

I get some of you had your hearts set on 0-16 and getting the #1 overall.....with perceptions that Tua is a can’t miss prospect, even though he had the collegiate advantage of leading a team superior to almost every team he faced by a wide margin....until of course they got crushed by Clemson and Tua actually looked inferior to a freshman named Lawrence.

Most of us just want a franchise QB... wherever we can get one.

Clearly Josh Rosen was a much more polished and experienced QB entering the NFL than Ryan Tannehill... and the mistakes made in drafting Tannehill in the 1st round are clear now.

Rosen is going to get a shot to be the franchise QB before Miami drafts another top prospect...so why not support him and enjoy the ride?

The guy trying to tell us we are crazy for thinking Tua is an elite prospect had Lock as the best QB in the draft. As he falls to pick 45. The second round where QB prospects go to die.

Josh reminds me of an Eli Manning, Peyton Manning and Aaron Rogers combined into one.

Wow! Quite the hybrid concoction!

His play action is very Peyton like. The delivery is vastly different.
In fact Rosen has a more "effortless" looking delivery IMV.

For me -- I really don't see a lot of Rodgers tho Rosen has shown the
ability to get the ball out from weird angles -- so in that case I guess
comparable to a degree. I think Josh is notably more "fluid" than
Eli who's always looked kinda clunky (unnatural) to me.

Back
Top Bottom