Trent Dilfer On Josh Rosen! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trent Dilfer On Josh Rosen!

The draft analysts as a block are overly positive. I find it nauseating at times which is why I now only follow the ones who will criticize in proper percentage. After all, roughly 40% of first rounders will either disappoint or outright bust, yet it is never proposed that way in real time. One glowing remark after another. I have no idea how anyone can tolerate it. It would be like the post parade in the Kentucky Derby this week and the commentators gushing over every horse, saying they all have a wonderful chance at the roses. I love the commonmanfootball guy on YouTube because his percentage of up and down is almost exactly where it should be.

ESPN should use Todd McShay on the first round panel. They don't need that Gruden spot filled by Booger McFarland or whoever it was. It's merely a tactic to give their Monday Night crew a high profile spotlight. If McShay had been out there then that Daniel Jones pick would have earned the scrutiny it warranted.

Todd McShay is easily the best media draft analyst in terms of describing the players I am most familiar with, the ones on Miami and USC. Others will offer generic stuff that is technically correct but only McShay will provide insights that locals would know. I am more and more impressed every year. It gives me confidence that McShay's description of players I am not as familiar with will be accurate also.

All the network quarterback gurus tilt to the high end, from Jaworski to Dilfer to Hasselbeck to Warner. They know how difficult the position is to play so they allow more benefit of a doubt than warranted.

Anyone who was high on Tannehill I either ignore completely or maybe apply a probation period of several years minimum.

What coddling?

The kind of coddling that left him with an offensive line that had 3 starters that would not make it on a mid level college team and an offensive coordinator that until 2017...had never coached...ever...not high school, not college...I'm pretty sure not even YMCA flag football. That was the dude that was responsible for his development as a QB coach and his OC the second half of the season.

I'm not sure if any rookie QB has been put in such a ****ed up situation. Thank god for Fitzgerald helping him along the way and I hoped it allowed him to not be completely mentally ruined.

The kind of coddling that left him with an offensive line that had 3 starters that would not make it on a mid level college team and an offensive coordinator that until 2017...had never coached...ever...not high school, not college...I'm pretty sure not even YMCA flag football. That was the dude that was responsible for his development as a QB coach and his OC the second half of the season.

I'm not sure if any rookie QB has been put in such a ****ed up situation. Thank god for Fitzgerald helping him along the way and I hoped it allowed him to not be completely mentally ruined.
Yup and I hate when ppl just throw out phrases when they have no idea.

The draft analysts as a block are overly positive. I find it nauseating at times which is why I now only follow the ones who will criticize in proper percentage. After all, roughly 40% of first rounders will either disappoint or outright bust, yet it is never proposed that way in real time. One glowing remark after another. I have no idea how anyone can tolerate it. It would be like the post parade in the Kentucky Derby this week and the commentators gushing over every horse, saying they all have a wonderful chance at the roses. I love the commonmanfootball guy on YouTube because his percentage of up and down is almost exactly where it should be.

ESPN should use Todd McShay on the first round panel. They don't need that Gruden spot filled by Booger McFarland or whoever it was. It's merely a tactic to give their Monday Night crew a high profile spotlight. If McShay had been out there then that Daniel Jones pick would have earned the scrutiny it warranted.

Todd McShay is easily the best media draft analyst in terms of describing the players I am most familiar with, the ones on Miami and USC. Others will offer generic stuff that is technically correct but only McShay will provide insights that locals would know. I am more and more impressed every year. It gives me confidence that McShay's description of players I am not as familiar with will be accurate also.

All the network quarterback gurus tilt to the high end, from Jaworski to Dilfer to Hasselbeck to Warner. They know how difficult the position is to play so they allow more benefit of a doubt than warranted.

Anyone who was high on Tannehill I either ignore completely or maybe apply a probation period of several years minimum.

I defy you to find any “guru” that hasn’t had his share of misses...the truth is Tannehill was very much a developmental QB with limited QB experience.... the physical talent was enticing, but he never fully developed because he lacked certain intangibles that aren’t as easy measure...time or put a score on!

I’m not going to ignore people I consider intelligent that missed on a player!

The guy trying to tell us we are crazy for thinking Tua is an elite prospect had Lock as the best QB in the draft. As he falls to pick 45. The second round where QB prospects go to die.

Never said Tua wasn’t a great prospect... just that he is far from the only one around.

That Lock fell to round two is not the answer to how good he is... that will play out in the coming years as he leads the Bronco’s... then we can revisit your attack and see who was wrong!

I don’t get the constant attempts by some to suggest every QB not named Tua is Ryan Tannehill
2.0?

I get some of you had your hearts set on 0-16 and getting the #1 overall.....with perceptions that Tua is a can’t miss prospect, even though he had the collegiate advantage of leading a team superior to almost every team he faced by a wide margin....until of course they got crushed by Clemson and Tua actually looked inferior to a freshman named Lawrence.

Most of us just want a franchise QB... wherever we can get one.

Clearly Josh Rosen was a much more polished and experienced QB entering the NFL than Ryan Tannehill... and the mistakes made in drafting Tannehill in the 1st round are clear now.

Rosen is going to get a shot to be the franchise QB before Miami drafts another top prospect...so why not support him and enjoy the ride?

Agreed.
Unfortunately the lemmings that post here hate reason and value their opinion as truth.

Totally agree.

Texted a co-worker just before the Giants pick, hoped it was Daniel Jones just to see McShay go off.

Didn't happen.

I remembered Peyton having a tough rookie year so I looked it up. 3-13. 56% completion rate, 26 tds and 28(!) int’s. Just putting that out there.

What coddling?
Maybe I phrased that wrong, he’s admittedly not had a lot of adversity in his life so he welcomes this challenge..

Really talented young football players are generally coddled through the ranks..

Maybe I phrased that wrong, he’s admittedly not had a lot of adversity in his life so he welcomes this challenge..

Really talented young football players are generally coddled through the ranks..
Fair enough

Bro, if Rosen becomes another Aaron Rodgers...just Bro..

A Rod is my second favorite QB of all time to Marino. Now this would be the gift Miami has been asking for.

I love the fact that "Mr. Marino" will be helping to guide this young man.

Back
Top Bottom