Trevor Lawrence might be in for a long year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trevor Lawrence might be in for a long year

Trevor has always had some poor pocket mechanics. Lifts his feet and doesn’t transfer his weight properly which leads to passes that sail and general inaccuracy. He’s actually more accurate throwing on the run than he is from the pocket - which I touched on numerous times over the past couple of years in the draft forum.

He was never the prospect he was hyped up to be. He was no Andrew Luck. Or Tua Tagovailoa. Just feasted on bad teams with a superior supporting cast week in and week out in the ACC for 3 years.

Looked like a rookie that had some nice passes to me. A smattering of bad passes/decisions.

He absolutely got no help from a horrible offensive line and a couple drops by receivers.

I don't think they win 5 games.

What's the over/under?

Looked like a rookie that had some nice passes to me. A smattering of bad passes/decisions.

He absolutely got no help from a horrible offensive line and a couple drops by receivers.

I don't think they win 5 games.

What's the over/under?
That Jags O-Line looks really bad.
On the other hand, Jones has a great O-Line.

Mac10 looks exceptionally good for a quarterback that only really played one season of college football. Although he did lead the most prolific offense in college football history during that one season. Steve Sarkisian is a wizard.

It’s no fluke that Jones was in an entirely different class from the other QB’s all week at the Senior Bowl. He couldn’t have landed in a better spot for him than New England.

Now losing Etienne robs them of one of their only true weapons and speed threats.

His first year stats might look closer to Peyton Manning's behind that OL.

Trevor has always had some poor pocket mechanics. Lifts his feet and doesn’t transfer his weight properly which leads to passes that sail and general inaccuracy. He’s actually more accurate throwing on the run than he is from the pocket - which I touched on numerous times over the past couple of years in the draft forum.

He was never the prospect he was hyped up to be. He was no Andrew Luck. Or Tua Tagovailoa. Just feasted on bad teams with a superior supporting cast week in and week out in the ACC for 3 years.
You are, and have been, unrelentingly envious of the kids long, luxurious lochs!

Kid throws the best hair ball you've ever seen and YOU KNOW IT!

:woot:

I think people got so enamored with that national championship game as a freshman they just never went beyond in their analysis.

BTW the narrative was Tua played poorly if you think so I suggest you go rewatch to find out you are wrong.

That team had 4 first rounders on the d line and 2 nfl corners and 2 nfl linebackers. Lawrence didn’t win that game and is laughable to think he wouldn’t have put up decent numbers given the ball so many times by his all world defense.

He has always has superior talent surrounding him yet it’s never mentioned like it was for Tua. Seems odd to me, chose to go to a far faaaaaar inferior conference and play weak opponent after weak opponent. Seems more like that Bo Callahan kid from Draft Day where every decision was a strategic move to make him look as good as possible.

Tua goes to the best conference with easily the best defensive talent and week in and week out dominated like nobody had ever done. WTF does or did he do to deserve this level of focus while Goldilocks is just labeled as the greatest ever and when you watch highlights and all his receivers are 6’4 track stars running free, half his throws I could have made with the protection and separation.

TL reminds me of Travis Wilson who played here at Utah. The difference being TL had better weapons and slightly better mechanics

p.s. TW was in the league for a cup of coffee w/ the bengals. One TC, he threw a pass and hit the DC (Guenther) in the head

Well they just named Trevor the starter so we'll see how he does every week this season...

I honestly hope he does well, there's a lot of hype around him that will be hard to live up to...

Back
Top Bottom