Trevor Lawrence Qb Clemson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trevor Lawrence Qb Clemson

mrbunglez

Gator don't play no ****!
Club Member
Reaction score
This kid looks legit really good. Will enjoy watching him these next few years. Still want to see him against some top shelf teams though.

I'll have to check him out. Haven't really started looking into the draft, but it does sound like a good year for defensive lineman and that's good for Miami. I think the team needs to rebuild its front seven over the next couple of years.

Looks legit to me. Still have a whole 2-3 years to see how much better he can get.

And just like that Tua was a flavor of the month.

Looks legit to me. Still have a whole 2-3 years to see how much better he can get.

He does look really good. But as I stated in the Haskins thread, any legit QB should flourish from a consistently clean pocket. Lawrence rarely faced pressure tonight. Doesn't mean he can't succeed against it, but it is something to consider. Tua also looked great most this season from a clean pocket. But when pressured consistently like he was against Georgia and Clemson, he showed he was capable of some bad mistakes too.

Between the two, I think Lawrence looks like the more exciting prospect. But time will tell.

He's probably the best QB prospect since Luck and of course is still a true freshman, he may even have a higher ceiling than Tannehill :p

For the record, is he eligible to enter 2020 nfl draft as a sophomore? Like Vick did. Or is 2021 his first year of eligibility

He does look really good. But as I stated in the Haskins thread, any legit QB should flourish from a consistently clean pocket. Lawrence rarely faced pressure tonight. Doesn't mean he can't succeed against it, but it is something to consider. Tua also looked great most this season from a clean pocket. But when pressured consistently like he was against Georgia and Clemson, he showed he was capable of some bad mistakes too.

Between the two, I think Lawrence looks like the more exciting prospect. But time will tell.

No Bro! Some of those throws and decision making and pocket maneuvering goes beyond "consistently clean pocket" that's a special rare talent.

With the number 1 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft the New England Patriots select...

No Bro! Some of those throws and decision making and pocket maneuvering goes beyond "consistently clean pocket" that's a special rare talent.

No, it really doesn’t. Any NFL caliber QB can make those throws with adequate time. We’ve seen Tannehill do it. When I start seeing Tua make free pass rushers miss and consistently escape pressure to make a play, then I’ll agree he’s a special rare talent. Also, when he can recognize stunts and adjust an offense accordingly. I haven’t seen either yet. Doesn’t mean he can’t, we just don’t know.

His play reminds me of Peyton Manning, his demeanor reminds me of Eli Manning. The kid is unbelievably accurate and makes consistently good decisions. Really does not look like a true freshman whatsoever. I'm guessing he'll be the #1 overall prospect the year he finally comes out.

The best QB I have seen in a while, have to say he had very good protection and what looked like the best receiver in college football in number 8 another freshman and the other guy wasn't bad either. A highly efficient scoring machine, the Clemson offense.

Back
Top Bottom