Trevor might stay in school | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trevor might stay in school

If he wants to avoid the Jets he will have to truly convince them that he would not sign and would return to Clemson.

As bad as the Jets look I still think JAX has a very good shot at #1 and I think Lawrence would be happy to be close to home.

I am not sure what the various dates are for declaring for the Draft, for returning to school, etc...

Does the NCAA allow a drafted player to return to school?

Assuming he has not signed with an agent?

The best case for the Jets(other than getting Lawrence)would be a huge windfall in a trade down that allows them to still get a QB like Fields or Lance.

There is always the chance that Darnold plays well enough that they feel confident in him and that he costs them the #1 pick anyway.

The giveaway on the jets motives will be whether they fire Gase or not. IF they are gunning for #1 they will keep him, as they could not risk a change juicing up the locker room for a couple of useless wins.

I am not sure what the various dates are for declaring for the Draft, for returning to school, etc...

Does the NCAA allow a drafted player to return to school?

Assuming he has not signed with an agent?

The best case for the Jets(other than getting Lawrence)would be a huge windfall in a trade down that allows them to still get a QB like Fields or Lance.

There is always the chance that Darnold plays well enough that they feel confident in him and that he costs them the #1 pick anyway.

The giveaway on the jets motives will be whether they fire Gase or not. IF they are gunning for #1 they will keep him, as they could not risk a change juicing up the locker room for a couple of useless wins.

No, you cannot return to play college ball after declaring for the draft.

But i think you can sit out the entire year and re-enter the draft the next year. Didn't Bosa threaten to do that during negotiations after San Diego drafted him?

But i think you can sit out the entire year and re-enter the draft the next year. Didn't Bosa threaten to do that during negotiations after San Diego drafted him?
Then he would have to really convince NYJ that he would sit out and not sign.

As bad as that organization is, being a big star in NYC is worth a TON of $$$$$$$$$$$ off the field.

The more I watch Lawrence, the less impressed with him I am. Let him go to the Jets; as long as Tua stays healthy, he’ll wipe the floor with Trevor.

No Way He Passes On That Payday......But Would Be Funny as Hell If He Screwed The Jets!!!

As bad as the Jets are you can't pass up on the sure fire prospect of being drafted #1.
He has to figure Adam Gase won't be the coach by the time he gets there.

Tua, Allen, Lawrence and ... Crazy division!

Yes, you can do exactly this... and the Jesters would buckle and move him. Ultimately, no one wants a player who hates them.

Yeah, a Georgia boy with a mullet would be as crazy as a long-haired, fur coat wearing boy from Alabama (college) playing in New Yawk City.
Trevor doesn't have a mullet. Long hair alone does not a mullet make.

Is Trevor assuming the Jets won't be the worst team in the NFL next year too?

Not a bad play on Trevor's part, exerting his power while he has some. If he can get the Yankees to offer him a contract he could really force the issue.

Trevor is NFL ready and he knows it... now, he might exert leverage on whatever team holds his draft rights in order to force a trade... like Elway did.

...and I wouldn't blame him one bit. Most of us get a say in what job we apply for... and the system in place freezes rookies in place for years. A Georgia boy with a mullet might not like the idea of New Yawk City... and openly refuse to sign with a team that drafts him. (just speculating here).
This would be interesting if Atlanta somehow ended up with #1 pick. I can GUARANTEE he would not be coming back to Clemson.

I think salary cap will impact his decision more than team. If it drops significantly he stays. If it stays status quo then he enters draft.

I really hope Trevor pulls a another Payton Manning on the jets. I'm remember that year jest's fans where pissed and had to settle for Keyshawn Johnson. Let's hope history repeats and they have settle Ja'Marr Chase.

Back
Top Bottom