Trey Wingo on SportsCenter: "Remember the name Frank Gore..." | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trey Wingo on SportsCenter: "Remember the name Frank Gore..."

Guys like Gore can be had at a bargain price. Sometimes they reap great return. Thurman Thonas had a serious knee injury which caused him to drop into the 2nd rd if I recall. He had a pretty good career (especially against the phins).
Gore could conceivably drop into the 4th rd. That would be a steal.

JHWAUEX said:
I don't mean this to be offensive in anyway, or any knock on his potential, but someone told me before that Gore is very severely LD (learning disabled). Is that true?

Just curious, I've never looked into it.

Maybe he meant "Hey Vern!" Carey..

Jnaledu3 said:
Maybe he meant "Hey Vern!" Carey..

Jnaledu3, thanks for the link to that petition. I signed it right away. From what I've heard it's not looking too good for a 3rd season though.

You have to ask yourself: "who the F#@% is Trey Wingo?" Nuff said. He is just another ESPN douchebag going "out on a limb" in hopes that he may look good.

Guys like Gore can be had at a bargain price. Sometimes they reap great return. Thurman Thonas had a serious knee injury which caused him to drop into the 2nd rd if I recall. He had a pretty good career (especially against the phins).
Gore could conceivably drop into the 4th rd. That would be a steal.

I would be very, very surprised if Gore were taken in the 2nd round. His situation is different from Thurman's. Gore has rarely been healthy, and since he got healthy from the major injuries, he has not looked the same. His situation reminds me more of Yatil Green's situation. Green had those two knee injuries, then never recovered his skill even though he recovered his health. Gore never looked good after he came back. We Miami fans hoped he would, but he didn't.

JHWAUEX said:
I don't mean this to be offensive in anyway, or any knock on his potential, but someone told me before that Gore is very severely LD (learning disabled). Is that true?

he got a 6 on his Wonderlic....thats pathetic....first graders could get a 6

there have been people that said achieving a 10 on that test is "proving literacy"

From what I've heard, both injuries were on nasty hits, the kind that would mess up anyone's knee. It could just be horrendous luck on his part. He's not healthy from the injuries. It takes 2 years to fully recover from an ACL tear, just look at McGahee. He still managed to average ~5ypc behind a bad OL. If he regains the speed and elusiveness he had before the injury, he's worthy of the #1 overall pick. That's a huge if though.

Frank Gore is LD, but if there's any position in football were brains are irrelevent, its RB.

Even if the man stays healthy, he's a so-so back at best. Career back-up, if that.

JHWAUEX said:

Gore has a severe learning disability, but with the help of a tutor specially trained in working with people like him, he passed all his classes and maintained a decent GPA throughout his time at UM - even while enduring the emotional hardships he did.

If Frank Gore never got hurt he would have BEEN the best back in this draft easily, this was a guy who originally started over Clinton Portis until he hurt his knee the first time, then when he came back he started over Willis McGahee then hurt the other knee, and Portis and MaGahee are no joke, this guy could have been awesome, now i dont think we would be worth the risk even if he does come back from the injuries, two serious knee injuries is a big risk to invest in

Remember to pay the rent.....remember the wifes birthday....even remember the Alamo...but thats a new one on me....remember Gore? Isn't he the cry baby that lost something....hmmmm?

gore averaged around a 2.8 gpa..that not bad...trey knows a lil about football..i'm pretty sure he has an idea of whats going on....he prolly has more insight than most pple on here...just b/c he works at espn, doesnt mean he doesnt know anything....and gore has the potential to be great

NaboCane said:
Gore has a severe learning disability, but with the help of a tutor specially trained in working with people like him, he passed all his classes and maintained a decent GPA throughout his time at UM - even while enduring the emotional hardships he did.

Being from Kentucky, I don't get to hear about the area Miami HS phenoms. I also don't get to hear much on the 'Canes (Big Fan). But, I did catch an ESPN/ABC documentary on him last year. Ya know, I have to say it did make me appreciate the kid's perseverance. He told everyone he was going to graduate college. And, amidst the stereotypes he so easily projected to those around him, I truly do believe the kid has a level of courage and perseverance to do anything he desires.

Granted, he "had" to stay in college because of injury. Anyone can play that card. But, the fact is... he DID stay. He DID graduate. He DID return to the field. Did he have help? Yes. But, he still provided the commitment, dedication and effort to overcome. He's overcome personal trajedies, injuries and learning disabilities to be where he is.

I'd be honored as a fan to have such an athlete on my favorite team. He is the type of person that can quietly inspire his teammates. His mere presence can bring cohesion to a collection of high paid athletes.

I'd take 1,000 Frank Gore's for 1 Maurice Clarrett any day. Becuase every day in college he could have become a "Clarrett".. and didn't. That deserves respect.

I think he'll become a solid contributor ... a role player... he's the exact type of player you hope falls to you later in the draft. I wouldn't feel as if it's a charity pick either. You know he's gonna show up to work every day. You know he's a leader. Not every leader has to be on the field.

sports24/7 said:
No way. If he never got hurt in the first place sure. This guy was the best back I have ever seen when he was a freshman, but he will never be the same. I think he has the potential to be very good if he can stay healthy, but not the best player in the draft.
I could not agree with you more..I am a big Hurricane fan, when I saw him as a freshman, he was unbelievable...great vision, burst through hole, and before you know it he had a 10 yd gain...I hope he becomes a good NFL player for all he has gone through, but he is not the best player in the draft post--injuries.

Back
Top Bottom