troy smith=cleo lemon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

troy smith=cleo lemon

diego's fins

Starter
Reaction score
for the people on this board that want us to take troy smith with the team's 1st or 2nd rd picks, let me remind you we have cleo lemon who is the same kind of player but with different name essentially.
I've watched troy smith a lot this season and also lemon through preseason and the last 3 games.
They both are a little undersized, they throw a nice ball with great spiral and they have capable nfl arms(lemon's is better). they have good movility and they move around ok to avoid the rush(with smith being stronger and faster).

Just for the record, I'm not saying they are bad players, as a matter of fact I like them both and I think they have a bright future but I also think we can't draft a player that has the same style as one we already have on the team. it would be like wasting the pick.

Yesterday lemon showed he is capable of moving the offense and direct some very nice drives. watching the game I saw he had the leadership and presence in the huddle. he was always encouraging his teammates and they responded to him not droping balls. At least it was fun to watch the dolphins offense again.
considering that carson palmer's bengals scored fewer points than cleo lemon's dolphins against the same colts defense, that speaks volumes of what a great command of the game lemon has. he directed at least 4 very good drives against one of the best secondaries(statistically) in the nfl, he was poised and was sacked only once(that also speaks alot of his pocket presence and ability to step up and avoid the rush while throwing accurately).
all that in just his 1st career start in the nfl! to me that's amazing.

So please no more "this team needs troy smith" threads, if this team is going to draft a qb in the 1st or 2nd round make it: colt brennan, brian brohm, brady quinn or jamarcus russell. at least they bring other qualities and talents to the team that it doesn't has already.

I thought Lemon showed enough to earn some more playing time to see how he develops.

I dont think Lemon and Smith are of the same talents, but i do agree that the offense would look very similar with Smith at the helm as it has looked with Lemon. I suppose that's not necessarily a bad thing given that Lemon did about as good a job as anyone would do with only one real weeks preparation for the biggest game of their career.

Smith would bring a smarter and more atheltic QB to the game then lemon does however, but he's kind of shown this year for the buckeyes that he doesnt want to be a scrambling guy. And for his size, he kind of has to be. I like Lemon a lot, but i'll giive the nod to smith right now for what hes doing in the college game.

But, again, i dont think the offense would look much different between Lemon and Smith

for the people on this board that want us to take troy smith with the team's 1st or 2nd rd picks, let me remind you we have cleo lemon who is the same kind of player but with different name essentially.
I've watched troy smith a lot this season and also lemon through preseason and the last 3 games.
They both are a little undersized, they throw a nice ball with great spiral and they have capable nfl arms(lemon's is better). they have good movility and they move around ok to avoid the rush(with smith being stronger and faster).

Just for the record, I'm not saying they are bad players, as a matter of fact I like them both and I think they have a bright future but I also think we can't draft a player that has the same style as one we already have on the team. it would be like wasting the pick.

Yesterday lemon showed he is capable of moving the offense and direct some very nice drives. watching the game I saw he had the leadership and presence in the huddle. he was always encouraging his teammates and they responded to him not droping balls. At least it was fun to watch the dolphins offense again.
considering that carson palmer's bengals scored fewer points than cleo lemon's dolphins against the same colts defense, that speaks volumes of what a great command of the game lemon has. he directed at least 4 very good drives against one of the best secondaries(statistically) in the nfl, he was poised and was sacked only once(that also speaks alot of his pocket presence and ability to step up and avoid the rush while throwing accurately).
all that in just his 1st career start in the nfl! to me that's amazing.

So please no more "this team needs troy smith" threads, if this team is going to draft a qb in the 1st or 2nd round make it: colt brennan, brian brohm, brady quinn or jamarcus russell. at least they bring other qualities and talents to the team that it doesn't has already.
Complete BS. Who had ever heard of Cleo Lemon before we got him. How does Troy Smith play in the big games. Completely idiotic comparison

Complete BS. Who had ever heard of Cleo Lemon before we got him. How does Troy Smith play in the big games. Completely idiotic comparison

As Colonel Potter used to say "Horse Hockey!!!"

If Troy Smith were playing for a lesser college than OSU, he'd be another Cleo Lemon as well. I think you are forgetting that big name teams' players tend to get bigger names than they sometimes deserve. Take Joey Harrington, for instance, or Ryan Leaf. Guys who become great come from all over the country or are you forgetting an "undersized" MLB who got drafted in the later rounds by the name of Zach Thomas?

troy smith is going to fall possibly to the 2nd day of the draft

WE don't need a qb. We should be fine with Culpepper/Lemon

What we need is maybe a WR like Ginn or some help at secondary.

Or we can even start drafting some dline help for the future

Indeed. Brian Brohm and Colt Brennan might be the soups of the day but neither one is coming out and neither can hold a candle to Smith.

Grow up, stop talking out of your keister, you never saw Lemon play in college and don't have any idea what you're talking about.

troy smith is going to fall possibly to the 2nd day of the draft

WE don't need a qb. We should be fine with Culpepper/Lemon

What we need is maybe a WR like Ginn or some help at secondary.

Or we can even start drafting some dline help for the future

Theres no way i n hell Troy falls to the 2nd day of the draft.:tantrum:

As Colonel Potter used to say "Horse Hockey!!!"

If Troy Smith were playing for a lesser college than OSU, he'd be another Cleo Lemon as well. I think you are forgetting that big name teams' players tend to get bigger names than they sometimes deserve. Take Joey Harrington, for instance, or Ryan Leaf. Guys who become great come from all over the country or are you forgetting an "undersized" MLB who got drafted in the later rounds by the name of Zach Thomas?

God, half the fans in here are stupid and the other half are full of crap.

Smith is playing for OSU b/c he was one of the best players in the country.

Troy Smith isn't playing for a lesser college but comparing him to Cleo Lemon if he did is a useless, pointless exercise and par for this cruddy, disintegrating, mangled course we call FinHeaven.

Why not compare him to Travares Jackson or hell, Doug Williams?

Gimme a break, raise the bar in here you dimwits. This is as bad as the turd who thought Marino's quick release didn't make his O-line look a lot better.

Troy Smith has WAY more potential than Lemon. And anyone who thinks Smith will fall to the second DAY (let alone round) is just laughably wrong.

There are FIVE first round QBs, Quinn, Brohm, Smith, Russell and Brennen (assuming all declare). All 5 will be first rounders. I could see this as the kind of QB heavy first round there was back when CPep was drafted. Think there was 5 or so taken then. THough I think this class looks much stronger. THis could be a year where you have several becoming stars, ala Marino/Elway/Kelley. We would be INSANE not to get one of them.

And for anyone who says we need WR, umm, first lets get someone who can throw the ball to them!!

And for anyone who says we need WR, umm, first lets get someone who can throw the ball to them!!

How about daunte culpepper?? he's good to me and he has the experience.
we need to surround him with playmakers to make him even better.
why draft a qb to develop if we have already one in cleo lemon??
let's focus in the areas that really need to be adressed and upgraded!
DT,WR, OLB

Troy Smith has WAY more potential than Lemon. And anyone who thinks Smith will fall to the second DAY (let alone round) is just laughably wrong.

There are FIVE first round QBs, Quinn, Brohm, Smith, Russell and Brennen (assuming all declare). All 5 will be first rounders. I could see this as the kind of QB heavy first round there was back when CPep was drafted. Think there was 5 or so taken then. THough I think this class looks much stronger. THis could be a year where you have several becoming stars, ala Marino/Elway/Kelley. We would be INSANE not to get one of them.

Smith will not get drafted in the first round as a QB.

Back
Top Bottom