Troy Smith/ Leon Hall/ Kenny Irons Are Falling | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Troy Smith/ Leon Hall/ Kenny Irons Are Falling

It isn't necessarily the best "statistical" player...there are many factors, statistics being one of them. press coverage during the year, team he plays for (and its success), and, this player gets VOTED as the best player in the nation...the process is very subjective.

Bottom line, as the examples you have cited prove. the best college player in the nation does not equate to a top-5 pick in the draft.

However, it isn't all as bad as it appears...for every Torreta and White, there are the OJ's, the Marcus Allen's, the Mike Garrett's. All top notch professionals.

:yeahthat:

If it was best statistical player, Brennan would have won it by a landslide, but he wasn't even invited to the awards show.

And kenny Irons being available in the second is a great reason as to why I don't see the Browns drafting Peterson at either #3 or #4.

IMO troy smith will be another flutie without a really great memorable moment ir I dont see hindiung a drop kick either

Troy Smith and Kenny Irons stock is dropping? really!?

dang I could have told you that

Troy Smith and Kenny Irons stock is dropping? really!?

dang I could have told you that

:lol: Man you need to change your avatar then. Ron Burgundy didnt do sports. You need to get that guy who did the sports in your avatar:lol: great movie. loved the newscaster rumble

:lol: Man you need to change your avatar then. Ron Burgundy didnt do sports. You need to get that guy who did the sports in your avatar:lol: great movie. loved the newscaster rumble

:lol: yeah Anchorman is my top favorite movie
That Brick guy is halrious

Danny W was a Gator Quarterback.

He was brilliant and ran the Florida offense to perfection in 95/96.. he deserved to win it. He didnt have the arm strength to be an NFL quarterback, otherwise he would have been a hell of a talent.

Tim Couch was drafted #1 by the Browns. ERIC CROUCH won the Heisman at Nebraska, then was drafted to play safety by the Rams in the 3rd round. Suprisinlgy that never panned out, :rolleyes2.

o, what yr? and what position in college

And kenny Irons being available in the second is a great reason as to why I don't see the Browns drafting Peterson at either #3 or #4.

Peterson vs Irons is no comparison. Peterson is a franchise player, Irons is youman player. IMO the Browns shouldnt pass up Peterson unless they can take one of the top two QBs.

Going into Senior-week, Mel Kiper (Who's draftboard I do put much value in) had smith going anywhere from late second round to mid fourth. After Senior week, he was on Mike and Mike stating that he almost definately will be a second day pick.

Leon Hall would make a nice pick for us at 40, if he goes that far

How about us taking Adrian Peterson at the nine spot?

Peterson at 9? To us? Last time I checked there'd be more valuable players available to us than a RB, that's even considering how good Peterson is.

Back
Top Bottom