Troy Smith/ Leon Hall/ Kenny Irons Are Falling | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Troy Smith/ Leon Hall/ Kenny Irons Are Falling

adamprez2003

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
McShay on ESPN just said that Troy Smith has been downgraded to the 3rd or 4th round by most scouts after failing to impress at the Senior Bowl week. Kenny Irons is now a 2nd round pick and Leon Hall has fallen out of the top ten after scouts realized how slow he is

that guy is an idiot though

Dont know him enough to have an opinion but Ive been saying the same thing about Hall and Irons just sucked this year. Troy Smith didnt impress me that much but dropping to 3rd or 4th is somewhat surprising. He said that he was way too inconsistent with his accuracy during SeniorBowl week and after the poor play against the speedy Gators scouts just soured on him. Add the height issue and lack of accuracy when confronted by speed and you can see why he's dropping

thank god, Hall doesnt have number 1 CB potential anyways. But he will be a solid number 2 in the NFL

can u all explain to me HOW a heisman trophy winner DOESNT get drafted in Top 5??? has that ever happened? i thought Heisman Winners were like the best player.....it amazes me a Heisman Winner would get drafted in the 4th round.

can u all explain to me HOW a heisman trophy winner DOESNT get drafted in Top 5??? has that ever happened? i thought Heisman Winners were like the best player.....it amazes me a Heisman Winner would get drafted in the 4th round.

Jason White undrafted, Charlie Ward undrafted, Eric Crouch 3rd round, Danny Whuerful 4th round(I think), Gino Torrieta... pretty late I think 7th.

Happens more than you'd think, there's probably more. Truth of the matter is, The Heisman is an award presented to the player with the best statistical season for that year. Troy Smith just doesn't have good measurables to be a first round pick (namely his height).

That is not saying he won't be a good QB though. I compare him to Drew Brees; a guy who also fell because of height. The biggest difference though is Brees pretty much carried Purdue to the Rose Bowl by himself, Smith had a pretty easy road to the National Championship Game (thus I think he's falling, he got fumblitis and was a bit shakey against Michigan at times, and he disappeared against Florida).

Oh yeah, and McShay is probably the worst when it comes to analyzing IMO (Not saying he's wrong about Hall either, as a Michigan fan I've admitted that Revis could jump him).

But everything the consesus among most scouts that were at the senior bowl were that Hall was solid but not spectacular (so that might cause him to fall), Smith was a bit shakey but was the best QB down there, and Irons supposedly looked ok.

Again, I personally do not like McShay and I rank him way behind Mayock and Kiper, and I also like Scott Wright and DJ Boyer (2 online scouts, Wright owns NFLDraftCountdown) alot more.

Jason White went undrafted and he won the Heisman he was QB for Oaklohoma

Chris Weinke won the Heisman and didnt get drafted until the 5th round (QB for Florida state)

Eric Crouch Won the Heisman and didnt get drafted until the third round (QB for Nebraska)

McShay on ESPN just said that Troy Smith has been downgraded to the 3rd or 4th round by most scouts after failing to impress at the Senior Bowl week. Kenny Irons is now a 2nd round pick and Leon Hall has fallen out of the top ten after scouts realized how slow he is

Not really surprising...

why do you say that?

He said earlier this season that Troy Smith would be the 1st QB taken, and I have always thought Troy Smith wasnt a top 5 pick, b/c of his size and his mechanics. Hes just now figuring out that Troy Smith sucks. Same thing with kenny Irons, everyone knows he had a terrible season, I could have told you his stocked has dropped. He just didnt tell me anything that I didnt know.

I wouldnt start saying that Leon hall has dropped out of the top 10 yet, he could surprise people at the combine, and after the combine is when stocks really fall or rise

Back
Top Bottom