Troy Williamson will be the best reciever to come out of this draft !! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Troy Williamson will be the best reciever to come out of this draft !!

phinz_fan

Game****
Reaction score
I'm sure Edwards and Williams will be awesome - but if Troy Williamson goes to the right team he is gonna be a gamebreaker.

My advice is to keep him at the top of your fantasy football draft boards if he ends up on a team with a decent QB. He's gonna be on Sportscenter week after week trust me...:cooldude:

i love these blind predictions with no reasoning. atleast tell us why you think he is going to be the best....

thecoordinator said:
i love these blind predictions with no reasoning. atleast tell us why you think he is going to be the best....

Because he is a Game**** fan..

Although, I hear he has gamebreakign speed.

NFL.com on Troy Williamson:

"He ran his 40s in 4.32 and 4.32. He also ran the short shuttle in 4.03 seconds, the three-cone drill in 6.99 and the long shuttle in 11.19. He had a 41½-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot-9 broad jump. In high school, he was a two-time 100- and 200-meter state champion and led his track team to back-to-back state titles. At South Carolina, he played as a true freshman; he started five games and gained 28.9 yards per catch. He started 10 games in 2003 and 11 in 2004. He also returned kickoffs. He's a very good athlete with the size and speed you want at the position. He's fluid, has very good hands and can get separation."

Compare his 40 and shuttle times to Braylon Edward's. Also check out the vertical. Amazing! This guy was on a run-oriented offense with the sorriest QB you've ever seen and still managed to make big plays!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/expert/brandt/wr

I love troy williamson... to say he will be the best is a stretch, but having either him clayton williams or edwards would definitely improve a team's receiving core.... I like clayton though, simply because although hes not as good as Braylon, he has better value in the draft... meaning, you can get him at a much lower selection, but only lose a little off the overall talent level RELATVE to braylon.... i love relative.

Another upside to Troy - value. He won't command as much $$ as Edwards since he probably won't be taken until #10 or so. Whatever team picks him up is getting a lot of bang for their buck!

phinz_fan said:
NFL.com on Troy Williamson:

"He ran his 40s in 4.32 and 4.32. He also ran the short shuttle in 4.03 seconds, the three-cone drill in 6.99 and the long shuttle in 11.19. He had a 41½-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot-9 broad jump. In high school, he was a two-time 100- and 200-meter state champion and led his track team to back-to-back state titles. At South Carolina, he played as a true freshman; he started five games and gained 28.9 yards per catch. He started 10 games in 2003 and 11 in 2004. He also returned kickoffs. He's a very good athlete with the size and speed you want at the position. He's fluid, has very good hands and can get separation."

Compare his 40 and shuttle times to Braylon Edward's. Also check out the vertical. Amazing! This guy was on a run-oriented offense with the sorriest QB you've ever seen and still managed to make big plays!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/expert/brandt/wr
I agree but not really for the reasons posted above. Most people are aware of how fast he is. That 4.35 was actually a bit slower than anyone whos seen him play expected. Hes a rare player that actually plays faster than his speed.

If youre looking for stats you wont find them on Williamson like you will on MW or Braylon cause he played in a wanny like run 1st offense. What you find is that he was the 1st player in decades to lead the SEC in yards per catch for 3 straight years including as a freshman.
You wont find many highlight clips of him going over the middle much because the only time he really did so was on 10-12 yard crossing routes. But at 6-1 202 he can.
As mentioned the qb's he played with were marginal at best. Corey jenkins who many of you are familar with as an ex Phin LB and who played a lot of SS at S. Carolina and Dondrial Pinkins (good arm no accuracy) were just sorry.
Finally you look at what he did despite being the only downfield threat on the team...or only real offensive threat for that matter. He faces a lot of doubles, and teams were always aware of him because they knew he was the 1 player who could single handedly carry SC. And he did all this in what is easily the best college football conference in the country.
While I dont put a lot of stock in measureables I do think Williamson is the best wr in this draft and would be a great compliment to Chambers.

I like Williamson...there is not really a big dropoff from Edwards/Williams to Williamson/Clayton, but I wouldn't take the latter 2 at #2...and I don't think either will be there at 46 for us.

LarryFinFan said:
I like Williamson...there is not really a big dropoff from Edwards/Williams to Williamson/Clayton, but I wouldn't take the latter 2 at #2...and I don't think either will be there at 46 for us.
I agree hes not worth the 2, but only because Im not sure people are aware how good he is yet and the kind of upside he has and because the other 2 wrs are overshadowing him a bit right now.

40 times are too misleading, this has been talked about several times. i put a post up yesterday titled "receivers and speed." look at the numbers for the 3 cone drill and the 10 yrd dash times and you will see that williamson is a fast guy, but is only really fast once he gets out to 40 yrds and beyond. how often does that happen in the nfl?

m. williams creates the biggest matchup problems for cornerbacks.

phinz_fan said:
Another upside to Troy - value. He won't command as much $$ as Edwards since he probably won't be taken until #10 or so. Whatever team picks him up is getting a lot of bang for their buck!

You hit it right on the head. Williamson might be the best value coming out of this draft because of the $$ he will want compared to the others. If they all have similar stats etc etc...Williamson will be the steal.

SABA-TOOTH said:
williamson maybe w/ the 25th pick
Im willing to bet he never makes it past SD at 12. :nono:

Boik you articulated what I was trying to say perfectly. Troy never really had a chance to put up big numbers at USC because of the style offense and lack of talent around him. Combine that with the fact that the SEC is friggin' tough you have one underrated WR who will suprise a lot of people if given the opportunity to shine.

Hopefully he will not land on a Wanny-ball team and will have a chance to show the NFL what he can do. If he ends up a Cowboy that will hurt me because I can't stand them - but at least there he may have a chance under Parcell's to excel. I'm just disappointed he won't end up a Dolphin. :( We would be a better team with him opposite Chambers for sure!

Back
Top Bottom