Troy Williamson? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Troy Williamson?

ShootinBlanks

Scout Team
Reaction score
Anyone else really want to see us draft Troy Williamson? I feel that he is the stud WR in this draft with more potential than Edwards...IMO. Ideally I'd like to see Boston back with us with his crap together, but if not then I think we need a compliment to Chambers. Good or bad, Ricky Williams will probably be back and Gordon may have some potential as a starter or backup behind Ricky. I'm not convinced on Feeley, but he did improve alot as he went and deserves a shot to prove himself. He hasn't played much throughout his whole career so maybe he can do something with that deep ball potential he has when he figures out how to read the defenses. If we can get ahold of Kyle Orton in the second round I would also be pretty happy assuming we get a pick for Surtain or from whoever trades up for our #2 pick...Tampa??? There are alot of mixed reviews on Orton, but being from Indiana I feel he has some potential and we could capitolize on him slipping down in the draft.

I think Williamson is gonna be great, I still think we need a RB before we need a WR. Somehow if we could only get Williamson and one of the top three......that would be awesome.....................and pretty impossible! hmmmm:wink:

Williamson has some major skills, but he's a huge reach at 2. If we traded down to around 7-12...I'd like to see us take either him or Barron.

ShootinBlanks said:
Anyone else really want to see us draft Troy Williamson? I feel that he is the stud WR in this draft with more potential than Edwards...IMO. Ideally I'd like to see Boston back with us with his crap together, but if not then I think we need a compliment to Chambers. Good or bad, Ricky Williams will probably be back and Gordon may have some potential as a starter or backup behind Ricky. I'm not convinced on Feeley, but he did improve alot as he went and deserves a shot to prove himself. He hasn't played much throughout his whole career so maybe he can do something with that deep ball potential he has when he figures out how to read the defenses. If we can get ahold of Kyle Orton in the second round I would also be pretty happy assuming we get a pick for Surtain or from whoever trades up for our #2 pick...Tampa??? There are alot of mixed reviews on Orton, but being from Indiana I feel he has some potential and we could capitolize on him slipping down in the draft.

I've made that point in an earlier thread. He has good size and is very fast.
He will probably go somewhere between 10-15. He's a guy that could very well have the best career of any WR in this draft. He played in a weak offense with a poor QB so no one really has a feel for how good he is. He could be just another fast, track guy with an average career or he could be one of the dominant receivers 3-4 years from now. I agree with others who think he would be a reach at 2, though.

Yeah we absolutely need to trade down out of that spot. I can't wait to see how draft day unfolds for us. I think Minnesota will nab Williamson at 7 so I wouldn't be too upset if we were able to trade with Tampa Bay and take him at the fifth spot. It might be a little early, but he'll be a stud. I really feel that Ricky will be back and we are just keeping hush hush as a smokescreen for the draft. I would welcome him back because he was such a great runner for us and draft another back with potential in later rounds. I still think Lamar Gordon has some skills though.

Troy Williamson is the MAN!!!

As a Carolina graduate I saw almost every USC game the last few years and Troy has been a shining star on an otherwise dismal offense. He is a very fast WR with great hands and knows how to get open - even for a no talent QB with the accuracey of a blind kid throwing darts. Troy will be a great addition to any team that picks him up and it's a shame that he probably won't end up a Dolphin.

That being said we need a friggin' RB for cryin' out loud!

Frankly, I have no opinion of Williamson. I've not seen him play and have no idea of his skills.

Personally, I think Mike Williams is another Randy Moss. He simply changes every game he is in. I also like the fact he is a USC product. It helps to have a former NFL coach mentoring young talent. I tend to believe the preparation and coaching Williams has been exposed to makes him a more polished prospect. And, when drafting in the Top 5, you shouldn't be reaching. You should have a polished player who is ready to take his game to the next level. You should not be drafting "projects" in the first round.

For me, Mike Williams is the "Andre Johnson" of this draft.

ShootinBlanks said:
See mock draft posted in sig! :cooldude:

Reppin those game****s, my alma matte.

Wiliamson is the best wr in this years draft imo. You just cant tell because he played in such a run dominated offense with sh1tcake qbs like Dondrial Pinkins. Led the SEC in YPC for 3 straight years; 1st frosh to do so in like 20 years. There wont be many clips of him running over the middle because he wasnt asked to in the Carolina offense but he did so when asked. He can take a hit or beat you with speed. Hes a faster Laverneous Coles. That 4.35 40 was slow based on what hes done on the field. Anyone watches a lot of Carolina games has seen him make some real good Cbs look bad over the last few years.

...Would love to have him...

I too, graduated from USC and saw Troy play live and in person. I sure would have liked to have seen what he would have done in Spurrier's offense...that being said...

Would love to see him in a Phins uniform opposite Chambers! I wonder if Troy could in time become more of a long range threat where Chambers would be more of a possession/short range threat? or would they both be used for the bomb on most of their routes while a third WR (Thompson, Welker, Booker) could be the possession receiver? The options are endless...

Phinz_fan...nice sig! Go ****s!!!

Back
Top Bottom