Trubisky Anyone? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trubisky Anyone?

I watch a lot of ACC football and to think someone watched Watson then watched Trubisky and thought that he was a better prospect? How do they still have a job?
Oh I wasnt enamored with Trubisky, I was very much a fan of Solomon Thomas. Just clarifying. Watson is and back then was THE TRUTH. :cheers:

I watch a lot of ACC football and to think someone watched Watson then watched Trubisky and thought that he was a better prospect? How do they still have a job?
And back to the subject. Yes it's insanity that he is still employed. Ryan Pace?

I'd be all over Winston if the dolphins miss out on Tua. Would probably be too late tho.

Turns the ball over, absolutely. But he moves the offense. Cut his turnovers in half and he's an all pro.

I think Gailey and Flores could cut his picks in half….just my opinion….(but even 15 picks is way too much).

We've discussed just about every quarterback. Anyone interested in Mitch Trubisky at the right price, low draft pick?

Personally, I don't think he's good enough. But wanted to throw it out there anyway. Is there more to develop with Trubisky? I do like his athletic ability.

Never...I’d rather Winston or Newton before that stiff he sucks

I think Gailey and Flores could cut his picks in half….just my opinion….(but even 15 picks is way too much).

I'm sure they could. Winston's biggest problem is between the ears. He wasn't given the coaching that he needed, and was given too long of a leash. He HAS the skills...

I'm sure they could. Winston's biggest problem is between the ears. He wasn't given the coaching that he needed, and was given too long of a leash. He HAS the skills...
What, specifically, do you mean by "between the ears"?

If you are talking about intelligence, not being able to comprehend complex schemes, and making the correct decision in a split second under pressure, I'm not sure coaching can overcome that kind of shortcoming.

If you are simply talking about "focus", then coaching may make a difference, but only if the player is willing to change.

I'm primarily talking about focus and maturity.

I'm not sure that he has either.

Let me see, there is a QB named Trubisky?.
He is tough and can take the pounding the NFL puts on QB's.

I mean, most people look at a player's size and equate that with a guy who won't get injured a lot. But in 2018 Trubisky had a shoulder injury that caused him to miss some time and caused erratic accuracy when he came back. In 2019 he dislocated his non-throwing shoulder and tore his labrum. He's not necessarily shown great durability.

I'm primarily talking about focus and maturity.

I'm not sure that he has either.

Jameis had his share of off field issues but it's incorrect to equate that with the usual lack of investment in his career. Jameis loves football and works hard at his craft, that's not why he throws a lot of interceptions. He does that because he makes bad momentary decisions and because he has a hero complex where he is always trying to win things single handedly on a team that routinely has field a bad running game, bad line, and a bad defense all at the same time, meaning he's had to win games himself or not win them at all practically repeatedly.

Jameis was really stupid about one thing though - he'd still be in Tampa if he didn't demand the house in salary. He wanted to be paid for his 30 TD's, not his 30 interceptions. When Tampa couldn't get around that, they explored options, and were happy to get Brady.

Jameis has the skills... if he'd freaking grow up, he'd be good.

He's young enough to do this... now, it comes down to character.

Back
Top Bottom